Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

the owner at three eight, where i bought my pair told me that mccoy lees are sanforized, but they do shrink. and they aren't supposed to stretch back much. so i got my pair loose when raw.

will try to remember before and after soak measurements and let you guys know.

man all those nice lees here after i could not get in anymore.

very nice 36s grant. they look awesome!

chicken thos 101z are great. did you say you bought them at three eight?

are they shipping international now ?

i'm going to be busy the next couple of days, so the fit pics aren't probably happening for a bit. sorry guys.

and funny you mention it fardin. i did go to the warehouse store near shibuya and try on their 101z. details on those were amazing too. going for a different approach from mccoy's.

for example, warehouse 101z's were full selvage at the hem, while mccoy 101z's are half selvage. the stitchings are pale from the beginning on warehouse, to imitate how vintage lee's used to fade a lot at the stitches, to a point where they looked white. beltloops are made from slightly different denim from the rest of the jeans. the back pockets are actually slightly angular instead of smooth curve. all these details come from vintage lee's they've found over time.

however, the fit around the thighs felt just a tad looser than the mccoy's, and i decided to forego on them at this time.

thanks chicken for the detailed description, i guess i will still have to grab some warehouse lees. do you remember if the waist sizing was the same?

the looser thights are i guess because the warhouse lees are a 40s model wehereas the real mccoys is the taxi driver from the 70s.

what i really like is that the warhouse have a full selvage. still strange that lee japan didnt put some full selvage on their new 55 repros.

hey fardin,

you may want to consider the 40's 101b lee's that real mccoy's makes. they're cut fuller in the leg, have full selvage and are crotch riveted. the most amazing part about the real mccoy's denim. It's amazing dark indigo color reproduces what vintage lee denim looked like unwashed. the denim also has a little more weight than the edwin lee's which I like. chicken was kind enough to pick me up a pair on his last tokyo visit.

Lee101B.jpg

thanks chicken for the detailed description, i guess i will still have to grab some warehouse lees. do you remember if the waist sizing was the same?

the looser thights are i guess because the warhouse lees are a 40s model wehereas the real mccoys is the taxi driver from the 70s.

what i really like is that the warhouse have a full selvage. still strange that lee japan didnt put some full selvage on their new 55 repros.

you're welcome. you are correct about the difference in silos between the two pairs -- different years. also forgot to mention the warehouse 101z's come with crotch rivets too.

but the waist sizing was very similar. at least, that was my impression without doing a side-by-side comparison.

but grant definitely has a point if you're interested in looser fits -- maybe you'd rather get mccoy's 101b. detail-wise, i actually much prefer 101b, with the button fly and all. but i'm more concerned about the fit (my fave is 66 cut), so i went with the taxi driver lees.

but since nobody seems to own warehouse lees around here yet, maybe there's something to that too.

chkcne and grant, well the point for me with the warehouse is that they are a 101z from the 40s wich i think is realy unique. and i am afraid the warehouse one is going to be a one time offer like the frisco jeens that is missed last year. i still have to consider the prize a bit , i just got some really nice 1930s 101b from lee japan and a warehouse work jacket and i am very satisfied with the lee japan quality. so next on my list are the warehouse 101z but i am also going to grab some real mccoys sooner or later.

as with all of us here on sufu there is just too much stuff out there to buy!

you're welcome. you are correct about the difference in silos between the two pairs -- different years. also forgot to mention the warehouse 101z's come with crotch rivets too.

but the waist sizing was very similar. at least, that was my impression without doing a side-by-side comparison.

but grant definitely has a point if you're interested in looser fits -- maybe you'd rather get mccoy's 101b. detail-wise, i actually much prefer 101b, with the button fly and all. but i'm more concerned about the fit (my fave is 66 cut), so i went with the taxi driver lees.

but since nobody seems to own warehouse lees around here yet, maybe there's something to that too.

how many pairs do real mc coy make

and also warehouse

the owner at three eight, where i bought my pair told me that mccoy lees are sanforized, but they do shrink. and they aren't supposed to stretch back much. so i got my pair loose when raw.

will try to remember before and after soak measurements and let you guys know.

do they run to tag size, superdenim said they could get me a pair of the mccoy 101z

hey fardin,

you may want to consider the 40's 101b lee's that real mccoy's makes. they're cut fuller in the leg, have full selvage and are crotch riveted. the most amazing part about the real mccoy's denim. It's amazing dark indigo color reproduces what vintage lee denim looked like unwashed. the denim also has a little more weight than the edwin lee's which I like. chicken was kind enough to pick me up a pair on his last tokyo visit.[/img]

Fit pics of your 101z, crownzip?

Guest patchmb

Thought I would do a repost as there seems to be a renewed interest in these jeans.

Some quick fit pics of Real Mccoy's taxi driver Lee model. Jeans are darker than in pics.

pic0109editedsi3.jpg

pic0111vw9.jpg

pic0112zi0.jpg

Guest patchmb

^ robbo they have been in the washing machine once when I got them & handwashed once but thre reason they are now a 36 is through wear. They are a nice slim fitting jean.

^ robbo they have been in the washing machine once when I got them & handwashed once but thre reason they are now a 36 is through wear. They are a nice slim fitting jean.

so i take it they were about a 35 when you bought them 2 inches up from tag size

anyone know the difference in these 2 jeans, one says 13 oz denim the other 11 oz, are they the same jean but a mistake has been made

http://www.oipolloi.com/store/Lee-101Z1966DrySanforizedIndigo-1565.html

http://www.oki-ni.com/View-All-Lee/Lee-101-1966-Dry-Jeans/invt/lj0004denm

looks like lee x warehouse are going to have some nice frisco jeens repros coming this fall, i wish they would have made a cant bust em repro instead but we will see. plus i can wait for the beautiful stormrider

check out their blog

http://ameblo.jp/wh-archives/

Fardin,

Will be interesting to see what the back length is on those jackets - compared to my original 1959 jacket, which is only 23.5 inches in length from collar seam to waist. Doubt if they would do my sizeanyway (46 long)???