Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

On 2/28/2024 at 3:48 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

BEARS is one of the few (if not only?!) shop that sells at Japanese domestic prices AND offers free shipping. Therefore usually the cheapest. Of course this doesn't help if they are sold out, of course.
Or when they inflate the price because they were asked to. But it went back down, that's right.

Hinoya guarantee vat and tax in their prices overseas. Easier to not receive unexpected bills. As mentioned by someone here, DHL etc is very unreliable for exact prices.

Anyone knows have many pairs they made of FC 0105 black/black edition? Sold out mostly everywhere..

On 3/13/2024 at 8:25 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I usually contact them via IG

thanks - gave this a shot and they replied the next day. anyway, it looks like there are two versions of the 0105 wide - now i'm confused, especially since the measurements seem literally identical. i was looking at getting the second link.

https://bears-tokyo.myshopify.com/products/fullcount-0105xx-loose-straight-heavy-oz-ルーズストレートヘビーオンス?pr_prod_strat=e5_desc&pr_rec_id=2f2fba224&pr_rec_pid=4996331667515&pr_ref_pid=4996136763451&pr_seq=uniform&variant=34024020869179

https://bears-tokyo.myshopify.com/collections/full-count/products/fullcount-0105-loose-straight-ルーズストレート?variant=34023282245691

edit: i'm an idiot, one is heavier than the other.

Edited by conqueror

Hello, I would like advice on a fullcount 0105 13.7 OZ One Wash. I wear W33 in Resolute, Warehouse, and W32 in Denime (by WH). What size do you recommend for the FC 0105? With several washes, does the fabric shrink? Thank you in advance for your help.

I wear size 32 in most brands - Warehouse, LVC, Sugar Cane, SDA, Momotaro - but wear size 31 in Full Count as I’ve found they come up big in the waist. However, my experience is with the old FC with arcs and tabs, I’ve not owned or even tried on the new, revamped models, so this may no longer be relevant.

Can’t speak to additional shrinkage but I found the measurements accurate. I tend to be a 29 or 30 and in FC I’m a 30. The great thing about this cut is you pretty much just need to size for the waist (for me the thighs can be the difference). You don’t need to worry about the rest because it will allow enough room. 

Edit - just want to note I'd be pretty surprised if additional shrinkage is significant. The patches on these prewashed jeans are pretty thoroughly toasted. 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

Ha - my WH pair is 29. The 1003 must be different because I get the impression they run small to normal for everyone but for me the 29 of those is honestly the best fitting waist of any pants I have. It’s very slightly more snug feeling than my FC 30’s. I’m sure I could take the 0105 at 29 bc of the cut and the give of the denim, but, the proper size for the waist is definitely preferable. 

I bought my 1003xx (1946) at stock measurements for my pair that were accurate too, so it’s not like my pair was an anomaly from the production.

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience to share on the new 11.5oz super smooth denim yet? 

I am keen to cease denying myself the comfort and dimensions of the 0105’s and I’m unsure on whether to go with the classic 13.7oz or this new lighter fabric (which might work out lovely for summer) or heaven forbid even the ecru version!

Hi @Alec Leamas

I have both the 11.5 and 13.7, and the difference is substantial. I've had the 13.7 for a few months and never "got it" with them. I couldn't find the cuff or the drape was weird to me. I think it's like @Signet says. They take time to settle. This is not the case with the 11.5 super smooth.

The 11.5 arrived and showed me what the drape could become like on the stiffer 13.7s. The 11.5 started like they had been broken in. They feel like I'm wearing heavy linen. The hand is wild and so bumpy - but the bump is subtle enough that it is smooth. It feels coated with ultra fine, mildly crunchy polar fleece. It's really cool, light and probably as light as you can get. 

Because of the 11.5 I was able to figure out where to cuff the heavier pair, and now these 0105 are my favorite cut at the moment. Unbelievable comfort. The super smooth are almost too comfortable. I've handled a lot of fine denims and I think maybe they remind a little of Momotaro 14 Oz but the Momotaro do not stretch. Raleigh Denim, maybe something similar but the Full Count super smooth is not as tightly woven. It's not a terrible amount of stretch. It does happen in one wear, within the first two steps, and then it seems to plateau.

Couple of snaps. Both have been washed twice now. I wanted to get some room out of the super smooth. Even though I sized down to the 29 in the super smooth, they feel looser than the 13.7. I measured them and the 29, after a couple of hot washes measures 30" and the waist 30 in 13.7 measure 31". The super smooth denim gives quite a bit though. I probably could have gone with a 28.

The blue on the 11.5 is really deep and smokey. It's not gray smoke, but smoky navy blue. It appears to be deeply saturated. The 13.7 don't have the same depth to the dye, that's the only way I can explain it. From the surface, I can see far more white threads in the 13.7.

image.thumb.jpeg.631c7fb49d8eef7e259153cfeaf6e778.jpeg

(Left side is 11.5) (Right side is 13.7)

image.thumb.jpeg.7ee6b58ac82a15d15096812354c034c1.jpeg

(Left side is 11.5) (Right -top is 13.7)

My two cents, get both pair if you can. Start with the 11.5 since it seems newer and maybe not as available soon. Awesome summer weight.

Edited by super-thermite

12 hours ago, super-thermite said:

Hi @Alec Leamas

I have both the 11.5 and 13.7, and the difference is substantial. I've had the 13.7 for a few months and never "got it" with them. I couldn't find the cuff or the drape was weird to me. I think it's like @Signet says. They take time to settle. This is not the case with the 11.5 super smooth.

The 11.5 arrived and showed me what the drape could become like on the stiffer 13.7s. The 11.5 started like they had been broken in. They feel like I'm wearing heavy linen. The hand is wild and so bumpy - but the bump is subtle enough that it is smooth. It feels coated with ultra fine, mildly crunchy polar fleece. It's really cool, light and probably as light as you can get. 

Because of the 11.5 I was able to figure out where to cuff the heavier pair, and now these 0105 are my favorite cut at the moment. Unbelievable comfort. The super smooth are almost too comfortable. I've handled a lot of fine denims and I think maybe they remind a little of Momotaro 14 Oz but the Momotaro do not stretch. Raleigh Denim, maybe something similar but the Full Count super smooth is not as tightly woven. It's not a terrible amount of stretch. It does happen in one wear, within the first two steps, and then it seems to plateau.

Couple of snaps. Both have been washed twice now. I wanted to get some room out of the super smooth. Even though I sized down to the 29 in the super smooth, they feel looser than the 13.7. I measured them and the 29, after a couple of hot washes measures 30" and the waist 30 in 13.7 measure 31". The super smooth denim gives quite a bit though. I probably could have gone with a 28.

The blue on the 11.5 is really deep and smokey. It's not gray smoke, but smoky navy blue. It appears to be deeply saturated. The 13.7 don't have the same depth to the dye, that's the only way I can explain it. From the surface, I can see far more white threads in the 13.7.

image.thumb.jpeg.631c7fb49d8eef7e259153cfeaf6e778.jpeg

(Left side is 11.5) (Right side is 13.7)

image.thumb.jpeg.7ee6b58ac82a15d15096812354c034c1.jpeg

(Left side is 11.5) (Right -top is 13.7)

My two cents, get both pair if you can. Start with the 11.5 since it seems newer and maybe not as available soon. Awesome summer weight.

Awesome write-up thank you!! It might be 11.5 for warm summer days then! (not that we get a tonne of them here!!!)