what are you eating today?

soepom

wait, is this like a jewish ciabatta?

sorry, there's no spell check on my internets.

Sandwich was going well until you got to the ketchup and mustard part. That pesto and the K+M I'm sure were doing some battle there and it probably wasn't pretty.

in my opinion, it worked. The ketchup was really to counteract how spicy the mustard was. It was classic full-grain Grey Poupon and was in danger of messing up the taste of the turkey, so I mixed in a bit of ketchup to give it the sweetness back. The roasted red peppers also cut it real well.

made some pear cobbler for the first time experimented with the crust (which just about fell apart when i tried to put it on)

picked the pears off our tree today. they can be eaten fresh, but are best peeled.

P8200109.jpg

P8200115.jpg

a little too much liquid, but still delicious; all in all came out pretty good. my mom liked it better than her own

P8200128.jpg

if someone stopped stealing my peaches i'd make a peach cobbler, too

Some amazing food posts lately, special mention to the homemade Mexican fare since there is never anything of that calibre in the Philippines. Carnitas, tacos, just too good.

Here's my contribution as of late. A dinner treat a couple nights back at a place called the "F word".

3841298019_02eca87238.jpg

Tapa Salad.

3842090676_5d5f340688.jpg

Ratatouille Salad.

3842091966_e0d21b4035.jpg

Pork, glazed and deep fried with apples.

3842093750_dfeb06d46b.jpg

Pork and Liver Menudo.

3841303679_fc878bbbef.jpg

I don't quite remember if this was grilled Salmon Risotto.

3841307145_76e4ebf372.jpg

There were some other dishes unpictured, Chicken Liver Raviolli, and a tiny Paella, good, but still, this takes the cake. Sizzling Bulalo, basically a lot of bone marrow goodness.

3842097188_d1a9488673.jpg

Overall a pretty decent meal. There hits were hits, and misses weren't so bad. In a nutshell, well prepared Stoner food. Thank god its open til 1am.

got a few from weeks past and such..

Todays breakfast: cheesey, meaty, salsa-y, garlicy 3 egg omelett. and coffee and yogurt arent pictured. i love that cheap pre-shredded super mild cheddar shit haha this was my grease bomb for the day.

3842871041_72bc65ab98.jpg

Nothing like riding 50 miles to your favorite hot dog place

3842870991_108206a5a1.jpg

Was in Milwaukee, Wisconsin a few weeks ago and had to try George Webb's. Wasnt as good and greasy as i expected.. these 6 burgers were pretty good though, needed more beef and less bun though. and they were fairly dry..

3843659010_2a60baa101.jpg

Saturday market - best fish and chips.. best. you cant even like, dip them in sauce, the fish falls apart cos its so perfectly cooked :D

3850781304_08c4905589_o.jpg

Home made, many home grown ingredients. BLTs for dinnah last night. Hideaway bakery ciabatta loaf

3849984693_b126e01a43.jpg

Breakfast this morning... i made this weird butter sauce stuff with cinnamon sugar and cognac and a few things - it didnt really stay together. figured it would replace the maple syrup lol

3849984729_574b4ef235.jpg

Sorry I didn't take pictures, but I just got back from eating at Incanto, Chris Cosetino's place in Noe Valley.

Starters

-Marinated olives

-Neapolitan tripe in a peppery tomato sauce

-Marinated fresh sardines

-Roasted plum salad with baby dandelions

-Lamb fries with bacon

Pastas

-Homemade gnocchi was zebra tomatoes

-Trotter ravioli with foie gras in broth

-Mint pappardelle with oxtail

-Spaghettini with tuna hearts

Entrees

-Roasted game hen with zucchini wafer and grilled squash blossoms

-Mutton stew with baby vegetables

Dessert

-Flourless chocolate cake with caramel ice cream

-Ricotta-honey tart with almonds

Ate some fucked up shit. Was directed by doc to go eat it...

Shout to other crazy Taiwanese / Chinese people.

Here are some beheaded sea turtles.

PICT7000.jpg

Snake soup...and various snake substances...

PICT7006.jpg

All gone.

PICT7020.jpg

BONESSSS. I didn't eat them very clean, my apologies, meat is pretty hard to get cleanly off the bones.

PICT7021.jpg

Afterwards my friend wanted to try these weird ice cream thingies...a layer of peanut powder, ice cream, then some cilantro, all wrapped up in a type of Asian crepe.

PICT7032.jpg