what are you eating today?

soepom

I fan out for momfuku. I've never not enjoyed the food at any of the restaurants and the prices have never bothered me (i cringe a little when i pay $7 for a thimble of soft serve but still i rep).

That said, the chicken dinner is a head scratcher. $160 for 2 types of fried chicken and some assorted veg, and pancakes to make some kinda moo shu deal is a bit steep.

I'd fux with but i'd feel like i was being completely taken advantage of. Like buying an 1/8th of weed for $85 taken advantage of.

past few days ...

italian sandwich

35780386.jpg

with broccoli cheddar soup

11724773.jpg

curry shrimp, rice/peas, cabbage, and plaintains

85025602.jpg

had these jerk chicken wings as an appetizer to that ^^

40949279.jpg

every time i post food pictures they always include a few meals from el indio. this place is literally a 3 minute walk from my house. i dream about this place while i sleep!

one of my favorite items from there .. carne asada burrito

this one is super sized..

15687191.jpg

inside consists of quac, cheese, pico, and steak

x91n.jpg

room mate made this..

37893233.jpg

59979933.jpg

ranch salad..

42040535.jpg

room mate also made this. some sort of spicy curry peanut tofu deal ..

11366958.jpg

with rice and sriracha .. was tasty..

10184493.jpg

break fast!

biscuits and gravy

x92z.jpg

chicken salad on a sundried tomato bagel

x93.jpg

traded half of my chicken salad bagel for half a lox bagel..

x94.jpg

now this is an extremely drunken late night foods concept ..

refried beans with two scrambled eggs on top last night ..

50129146.jpg

66789771.jpg

was inspired by the junk foods thread today so i went out and got this 1lb angus burger..

first burger ive eaten in ages ..

70652512.jpg

81587667.jpg

More food I ate in Taiwan. Chuang Wang for anyone who has been. Their noodles and soup are good, if you like those kind of noodles. But their pig's foot is bomb.

Gotta get some beer in the equation.

PICT5609.jpg

Unfortunately they did not have gold label Taipi...

PICT5610.jpg

Fish and peanuts. I'm too lazy to explain this dish fully but you Taiwanese must know this. It's great with beer.

PICT5611.jpg

Assorted nomnom.

PICT5612.jpg

Anyone who does not like pi dan is a bitch.

PICT5613.jpg

The noodles were PRICY, like 10$ a bowl and in Taiwan you could get like...4 bowls of noodles for that price, haha. Shit was huge though.

PICT5614.jpg

MMMMM, the pig's foot. They also give you a plastic glove so you can eat it with your hands and not get your hands all sticky. Clever.

PICT5616.jpg

Gone.

PICT5618.jpg

Gone. v 2.0

PICT5619.jpg

Guest Phrost

my version of a zucchini risotto

ingredients

leftover chinese take out white rice (always a lazy college student concept)

fresh zucchini from mom's garden

fresh cilantro from mom's garden

minced garlic

cooking oil (soybean, corn, olive oil, whatever you have around)

salt n pepper to taste

recipe

peel the rind off of the zucchini. for this dish i like to cut the zucchini into smaller rectangular logs. add oil to the cooking pot n add the minced garlic. heat until you smell the garlic release its oils (should be quick minute). add the zucchini. season with salt n pepper to taste. cook over medium high heat until you are able to break it up easily with your fork. cooked zucchini is soft in texture. remove the zucchini from the pot n set aside. leave the remaining cooking liquid from the zucchini (seeds are soft n edible) in the pot and reduce about 30 percent. add the white rice and stir lid off until the rice starts to release its starches and gets a little sticky in texture. add salt n pepper to taste. i like to add minced cilantro at the end when the food is plated. the heat from the food will wither the cilantro and release some of the oils without over cooking it and making it bitter

vxnl90.jpg

The first time I went to Bouchon was a transcendental experience. Their Croque Madame, Steak Frites, Salmon Tartare, Quiche, Duck Confit, and black truffled frites melted my face. Everything was so simple, but the best versions of those foods I'd ever had. I definitely bought the cookbook and made them shits.

Yesterday at the brewery I work at some fisherman gave me freshly caught salmon filets. Made heirloom torpedo onion, dill chevre, and fresh dill creme fraiche and served the salmon on a bed of watercress with a lemon vinaigrette. Deeeeelish.

y2xs.jpg

Amazing food posts lately, specially that breakfast at Bouchon. And, eating at Arzak? I can barely dream about that experience, much less do it.

Well, on the opposite end of the spectrum, here's a guilty pleasure I've been eating as of late.

Pepper Lunch.

3867018280_22c5c772bd.jpg

Nothing too fancy. Rice, beef, sizzling plate. It's a no brainer.

3866236803_426b2f75cd.jpg

Trip to the Salt Lick with friends last weekend. Always satisfying. My friend's picture:

2yxrgwp.jpg

First meal I cooked in my new apartment. Nothing fancy. Pan browned chicken with roasted onions, garlic, and yellow squash:

347dvrt.jpg

And a little heirloom tomato salad with basil and balsamic I had for a snack the other day:

1zmdz78.jpg