what are you eating today?

soepom

Some say you are what you wear, but here's a thread for those who believe you are what you eat!

My mum cooked up a feast 'cos it's her birthday. Spoilt rotten!

wayetyd7.jpg

abalone with giant asparagus

assorted vegetables in a yam basket

sharksfin soup

black pepper hugeass sri lankan crab

lobster and potato salad

ohh man.

im in the same country as you are, probably the same race as you are, and I don't ever get that kind of home cooked food. that looks like an amazing meal. I want crabs too!

but how come she's the one cooking if its her birthday? shouldnt you be the one who's doing the cooking instead?:D

Food looks fantastic... +1 for your mum.

Just had Sunday Brunch at Marmalade Pantry

Foie Gras Burger and Chocolate Truffle Cake :)

aw man! I love the food at marmalade pantry! artichoke and feta cheese salad and sticky date pudding is the shite! *drool*

anyhoos, yah just look at what my mum prepared and you know she loves to cook - any event is an opportunity for her to show off. Her birthday is no exception. My job is to praise her to skies, as she well deserves.

I am of course showing my filial piety to her by taking her out to dinner and introducing her to shisha at arab street on top of getting her some auntie equivalent of hypebeastin heats.

so you guys, post some pics of the grub you're eating, good or bad!

food looks delicious...but one think i don't agree with is the shark fin soup. i'm not an activist, but the way these animals are treated is unacceptable. i'm hoping this film will make an impact on some people who weren't aware of the situation previously:

http://www.sharkwater.com/

btw...soepom, you're fits are always great!

food looks delicious...but one think i don't agree with is the shark fin soup. i'm not an activist, but the way these animals are treated is unacceptable. i'm hoping this film will make an impact on some people who weren't aware of the situation previously:

I won't even bother arguing, but we've had this discussion about dolphins. stfu

ahhh...sorry. i just went back and read a bit of that dolphin post. although it's more the "endangered" issue that bothers me. i'm guessing you're a canadian who doesn't have a problem with the seal hunt, either? cool.

btw...soepom, you're fits are always great!

yah - whenever sharksfin is served, i eat it with ambivalence. I'm aware of the violence done to sharks in harvesting their fins, and i wouldn't order the dish on my own. but if it's already cooked...i savour every last drop, telling myself at least the shark didn't suffer in vain. it's fucked up rationalisation, but it's how i deal with the conflict between my eco-conscience and hedonistic desire.

my mum has also cut down on preparing with real sharksfin - most of the time she uses mock sharksfin with crabmeat instead. but cultural symbols for celebration and hospitality are at the heart of the issue here, rather than mere dietary choice. the bowl of sharksfin cannot simply be replaced with any other soup or ingredient.

I'm about to go to this middle eastern market where they have the freshest, best flat bread and some killer hummus and tabouli. Not to mention a bunch of great pastries with combinations of spinach, onions, olive oil, beef, lamb, cheeses, etc... Maybe i'll get a kabob too. It's too easy to blow $15 on a bunch of little things there.

at soepom's request, here are some shitty cameraphone pictures of dim sum.

img091.jpg

the usual, pork buns and shrimp dumplings

img093.jpg

tripe anyone?

img094.jpg

and at the end, some fried curry rice with shrimp, scallops, and bits of gai lan. yum

excuse the poor photography, it was good though.

anyhoos, yah just look at what my mum prepared and you know she loves to cook - any event is an opportunity for her to show off. Her birthday is no exception. My job is to praise her to skies, as she well deserves.

works out well for you...

hope you at least cleaned up

u seem like every asian bitch (except japs) I met in uni. Asian princess!!

at soepom's request, here are some shitty cameraphone pictures of dim sum.

img091.jpg

the usual, pork buns and shrimp dumplings

img093.jpg

tripe anyone?

img094.jpg

and at the end, some fried curry rice with shrimp, scallops, and bits of gai lan. yum

excuse the poor photography, it was good though.

oh S*IT..i am hungry~~~ love that curry rice..

Oportos bondi burger meal. :) Yum. Yay for junk food and a fast metabolism.

.... i really fucking hate hearing about really amazing fast food joints in other countries.

i went to the Oportos website and i am in love.