What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

@Zeke... Nice suit, but I'm not sure how I feel about the shoes with it. Square toe with such a british suit.. I'm just not sure.

Aye, hearing you loud and clear there. Been on the prowl for a while now, but nothing to my taste, wanting to avoid tan but that seems to be the fashion here.

no problem, i just wondered how a nike bag could have a Y3 tag...

kay. its maybe a language problem. its a badge, hanger, pendant. a y-3 leather thing.

As for me today I'm rocking something new:

coat005.jpg

Just a t-shirt, button down, zip cardigan and...

my first jacket. Those of you who know me know that I'm an amateur tailor and I finally decided to make a tweed coat for myself. I think its kickin. I haven't lined it yet, but that I'll do tomorrow.

Oh and I threw my dry denims inside a pair of combat boots as a special tribute to Haptronic.

My current project is a dry denim shirt sort of like a nudie gunnar:

coat001.jpg

coat002.jpg

@Zeke I think a pair of classic toe or pointy toe cordovan oxfords would go really nicely with the suit.

As for me today I'm rocking something new:

coat005.jpg

Just a t-shirt, button down, zip cardigan and...

my first jacket. Those of you who know me know that I'm an amateur tailor and I finally decided to make a tweed coat for myself. I think its kickin. I haven't lined it yet, but that I'll do tomorrow.

Oh and I threw my dry denims inside a pair of combat boots as a special tribute to Haptronic.

My current project is a dry denim shirt sort of like a nudie gunnar:

coat001.jpg

coat002.jpg

@Zeke I think a pair of classic toe or pointy toe cordovan oxfords would go really nicely with the suit.

love the jacket! can you post pics when you get the lining together?

do you go under apprenticeship or go to a special college? did you just learn yourself?how do you become a tailor?

Just learning myself. I went to an american university and have a degree in economics. No training whatsoever. I use a kenmore sewing machine from the 70s. The way I got into it was sort of forced on me. I just don't fit in clothes here. Small medium and large simply don't account for the number of body types out there, and I'm one of them. So I just started buying clothes and taking them apart thread by thread, recutting them, and then putting them back together. I'm pretty good at it now, but i'm truely just an amateur like I said.

P.S. actually most of my clothes that I show here are 100% made by me, not my recutting method

you're completely right... its addicting. In fact, I find the mark of a really cool piece when I look at it now and think to myself, "I wouldn't change a thing".