What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

Man Whizkit, you must be one of those lucky few who don't feel the heat here!

i only wear thin knits in sg, Always bring a sweater or cardi with me, you just can't tell when the aircon would go crazy, spent the whole of this morning in a freezing seminar room in school.

chrisj are you wearing a sarong for christ's sake. that is so..tres chic.

haha.. well i dont know when i picked up wearing a sarong around the house.. but i love it.. its comfy and easy to wear.. ill be importing some in the future and selling online, so stay tuned :D ty for the comment

sorry for the bad photography, no tripod for my dslr so i have to make do with propping it on a bunk bed and x'ing my fingers with the aim.

armani

annie chen silver (really small silver label, makes traditional jewelry.. their cufflinks are crazy)

HTC

nbhd

visvim

MAY42007-1.jpgMAY42007-5.jpg

MAY42007-2.jpg

waywt14bie6.jpg

Weekend in the country (will change to boots when I arrive)

Jacket: APC

Western shirt: Simons

Belt: Engineered Garment

Jeans: APC

Shoes Converse

Bill, it doesn't mean much coming from someone who never posts his fits but you are consistently my favorite waywt'er. Also, fuuma, nice work. I wear my Nudie Connie with my denims almost everyday so it's nice to see someone else who can do denim on denim so well. and +1 on getting into some boots to complete this one.

200 posts!

ericdw - thanks, the shirt is beams x masacova! i bought it at the beams store in tokyo over the summer

kolourhero - no, sorry, the shirt is cotton, not chameleon

dkatz - thanks, the jeans are c'n'c by costume national. i asked about the brand in nyc and was told that it is only available in europe and asia.

i might be going to a formal/semiformal thing tomorrow, so im trying on this outfit and i need you experts to critique it:

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

is the tie the right length? blazer too short? jeans too high/low? belt maybe? it might look better with non-jeans, but i dont have anything nice and no time to get any new pants. thanks, any feedback/criticism is appreciated

i might be going to a formal/semiformal thing tomorrow, so im trying on this outfit and i need you experts to critique it:

is the tie the right length? blazer too short? jeans too high/low? belt maybe? it mightlook better with non-jeans, but i dont have anything nice and no time to get any new pants. thanks, any feedback/criticism is appreciated

hmm i dunno id say lose the blazer b/c its too short... and slap on a black belt.. or any belt for that matter.. you can play it up if u got any skin belts or sharp colored belts..

.. but yeah in a nutshell

-blazer

+belt

shoes are fine but mayb if u have white leather that wld look pretty fresh.

(and the jeans look like they have a bell or smth at the bottom, that cld be the perspective of the shot)

anyways your first shot with a belt would be my recommendation since ur cut for time.

good luck :D

IMG_0537.jpg

is the tie the right length? blazer too short? jeans too high/low? belt maybe? it might look better with non-jeans, but i dont have anything nice and no time to get any new pants. thanks, any feedback/criticism is appreciated

I'm gonna go against the grain here. Overall I like the look and i like it beltless...the length of the jacket is very much along the lines of a Thom Browne cut...but every semi-formal i've been to is a little more on the formal and less on the semi side. Semi formal tends to mean a suit, shirt and tie, formal denotes a tux. Even if you don't have anything particularly stylized, non-jeans may be a better option.

IMG_0537.jpg

Tie looks about the right length, should sit just above your waistband. Sleeves on the blazer look too long, I'm seeing no cuff and it's well over your wristbones. A belt is a must.

But seriously, a) don't go to a semi-formal event in jeans and B) get some dress shoes.