Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

7 hours ago, mpukas said:

I haven't been following this thread for a while, so I'm not up to speed with what you guys have been up to... WTF are those???!!! 

Very limited customised production by one person. You have to contact/order through his IG account. May respond quickly, may take a year or more, as it was in my case. Some info here, https://rebuilt.jp

Update on Libra Pondus (LB 40s) after one week. It so happened that I received the latest Ooe-Yofukuten's, Sugar Cane 1946 and LB in a short period of a few weeks. Comparisons are begging to be made. Three very good products, each with its own exciting features, I like each. Nevertheless, if I had to keep one jean only out of the three, it would be the LB. I just fell in love with them, I like literally everything about them. Also a very simple and true indicator. Of the three items mentioned, I wear LB most often. Almost every day with very few exceptions. 

image.thumb.jpeg.cda0936ca16576c1af6205470b54a358.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Got a couple of Bronson bangers in the post today... actually nice they are too... however, what's going on with the rope bondage?!

20240523 Bronson Bangers.jpg

Edited by MJF9

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Got a couple of Bronson bangers in the post today... actually nice they are too... however, what's going on with the rope bondage?!

i bought 1, and a henry neck one too, with the same fabric, very soft and stretchy.

微信图片_20240524122908.jpg

Edited by edwardlj

While I've had issues with some of their items, I've been happy with their t-shirts & henleys.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Which one of these ‘Japanese’ shirts fits better? ;)
Are they true to size do you think? Thanks

Edited by UkeNo

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Looks like USN Skivvy shirts.
Do they also have button holes on the hem?

6_000000009137.jpg?1678209905

Warehouse had offered some, too.

9_000000009137.jpg?1678209905

http://the-tac.net/shopdetail/000000009137/ct412/page1/price/

Edited by indigoeagle

I’ve had two tops from them, and was very pleasantly surprised by how well they fit considering how classically “western” my body type is, but both had visible construction flaws (not a huge deal for me) and ended up failing prematurely at points of stress (a much bigger deal), so they’re a pass from me at this point.

Posted (edited)

Measurements are very similar for the 42 and 44 above

Chest 55 compared to 54 cm / Shoulders c.50cm on both

42 19.7in = 50cm 42.9 = 54.5
44 20.5 = 52.7 44.9 = 57

As mentioned, the material is stretchy so the measurements could be more variable.  The 44 is a touch bigger when worn, no shit Sherlock you say!!

I've had lots of Bronson t-shirts before and found them good value for money overall.  I'll report back post-wash with these though

@indigoeagle yep it's their 1940s USN t-shirt. Interesting button holes you point out... Bronson have them... what were they used for back in the day?  And the laces?

@Mods - we're now deep in discussion of non Japanese garms on a Japanese garms thread 😉

Edited by MJF9
Correction as Bronson do have the button holes!

Posted (edited)

I just ordered a loopwheel t from them just to see how they are. Worth it given the price

Customer service was cool, checking in to check on sizing. 

Edited by Geeman

On 5/25/2024 at 1:17 AM, MJF9 said:

Measurements are very similar for the 42 and 44 above

Chest 55 compared to 54 cm / Shoulders c.50cm on both

42 19.7in = 50cm 42.9 = 54.5
44 20.5 = 52.7 44.9 = 57

As mentioned, the material is stretchy so the measurements could be more variable.  The 44 is a touch bigger when worn, no shit Sherlock you say!!

I've had lots of Bronson t-shirts before and found them good value for money overall.  I'll report back post-wash with these though

@indigoeagle yep it's their 1940s USN t-shirt. Interesting button holes you point out... Bronson do not have them... what were they used for back in the day?  And the laces?

@Mods - we're now deep in discussion of non Japanese garms on a Japanese garms thread 😉

yes, Bronson USN t shirts have the holes on both sides. The holes are used for hanging them on threads to try.

微信图片_20240527150701.jpg