Belts

cecil

5 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

And an unadorned belt made from Walpier Buttero Rocky in their foresta colour matched with a solid sand cast brass buckle and brass rivets for @kenneth_blake_esq on IG

IMG_1135.jpeg

Like this one.

One for a colleague of Adam Goldberg - she keeps him sorted in the props department. Hermann Oak leather, Japanese brass buckle, vintage rose glass jewels and brass hardware

IMG_1140.jpeg

IMG_1139.jpeg

IMG_1142.jpeg

IMG_1143.jpeg

edit to add - I absolutely fucking love this buckle for reasons I don’t even understand except it is very cool

Edited by Duke Mantee

Thanks Duke! It’s a lot of fun on my part too. Learning so much everytime I write one, just wish I had more time to do it.

On a sidenote, if anyone has an interesting idea for another portrait/interview, shoot me a dm. 

1 hour ago, Duke Mantee said:

@bobbo … it was fun - I enjoyed it more than I anticipated. That’s due to your personality and skills - thank you

@smoothsailor … cheers mate, much appreciated

Your foto in the blog (The Duke himself) is great.

On 5/3/2023 at 7:56 AM, Bobbo said:

if anyone has an interesting idea for another portrait/interview, shoot me a dm. 

Mate I have an idea for your next portrait / interview...

Man, myth, legend or AI chatbot... the real Maynard Friedman uncovered... would be awesome   

If you can also land his first WAYWT fit pic... it will blow up the blogosphere!!! :)

Edited by MJF9

On 5/7/2023 at 5:43 PM, Dr_Heech said:

@MJF9

Fyi, myself and Maynard (or Mayns, as he likes to be called) have shared a few beers in the non-virtual world of London some 10 years ago, l believe.  @Maynard Friedman help me out mate, memory is shoddy at best :D

Honestly, we are mates on Facebook, lnstagram, denimbro and here... 

honestly :laugh:

Must’ve been a lot of beers if you thought you were seeing ‘Mayns’

Ha!.. i didn't know it was English till i opened it, (i didn't look) i've had some ¥¥¥s in my proxy wallet from past Mercari purchase cash-back and a few bits and bobs stored that i couldn't justify the shipping costs for.. needed a slim belt, looked on Yahoo.. din't find owt, looked at Junky and that was exactly what i was looking for.. measured the size and the cash-back almost paid for it B)

I haven't worn a belt for nearly 15yrs, I think the last one i bought was a SC Garrison sometime around 2006.

3 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Ha!.. i didn't know it was English till i opened it, (i didn't look) i've had some ¥¥¥s in my proxy wallet from past Mercari purchase cash-back and a few bits and bobs stored that i couldn't justify the shipping costs for.. needed a slim belt, looked on Yahoo.. din't find owt, looked at Junky and that was exactly what i was looking for.. measured the size and the cash-back almost paid for it B)

I haven't worn a belt for nearly 15yrs, I think the last one i bought was a SC Garrison sometime around 2006.

Well as you say it’s cost you next to nothing - it’s good leather, be the last belt you’ll ever need given how little you wear them

Edited by Duke Mantee