Belts

cecil

• 2 months later...

Redmoon makes belts with pewter buckles, I don't have any experience with pewter but I'm guessing it ages better than stainless steel.

Yes, pewter must be good. The very nice Samurai belts also have bucklees made of pewter. It's also interesting because normally pewter is a rather soft metal, I think.

this is probably a very stupid question, but does anyone else have a problem with the thicker belts "popping" out?

I have a corter belt, and I feel like the thickness of the leather, plus the leather going over the roller, creates a protrusion nearly an inch long.

Does this settle in time? Live with it? Don't get a roller in the future? Wat do?

this is probably a very stupid question, but does anyone else have a problem with the thicker belts "popping" out?

I have a corter belt, and I feel like the thickness of the leather, plus the leather going over the roller, creates a protrusion nearly an inch long.

What I like to do for my leather goods that aren't cooperating is wet them and then "massage" them into the shape I want them to take. Whilst wearing the belt, pull on the end and press on the bulge. Keep doing this until dry. Sometimes (depending on thickness, tanning methods type of hide ect) I need more than one go at it. Remember wetting and drying will suck some of the oils from the leather, it doesn't hurt to give the leather a coat of leather oil say a week or so after a shape has been taken.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up 2 ring woven belts from Ralph Polo. They are soft and thick, loving them so far. I have indigo all over the white one now and it looks pretty amazing, will snap a few pics of the white one soon.

F85D3676-9471-43D5-BC3B-F7F1F1C69738-476-0000008045C6A8AE.jpg

DD76D2E2-F1E3-4B2B-9FA2-23C18B050485-476-000000804F37B5E7.jpg

A83660A1-B514-4AF1-8851-1386382438A7-476-000000803F8F1621.jpg

Also have a leather version which I've worn for about a year now ....

DSC_0121a_1.jpg

DSC_0124a_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Samurai A103 Heavy Weight Belt.

7.5mm Steer Hide Saddle Leather.

Superb Quality Buckle, Pewter Cast from a Pattern, Hand Tooled Prong.

No Mass Produced Pressed Metal Here.

8277868046_76e7a9b9b3_c.jpg

anyone know where I can get a belt like this one for about half price of this one??

anyone know where I can get a belt like this one for about half price of this one??

I bought one of these and the buckle and leather are VERY nice. I'll probably stop in BiG and pick up another one that's actually my size at some point soon. Great belts and thick, luxurious leather.

The Samurai belt ........

Edited by skcheng

• 2 weeks later...

I have a N&F natural belt, what's a good product to treat it? I've wore it a couple months already, getting a nice patina, but it's starting to get a bit dry too.

What can I treat it with to condition it without disrupting or stopping it from getting a further patina?

Mink oil?

Is Unlucky still making belts? Sent an email a week ago no reply. Just want to know because I see his blog hasn't been updated since last Fall.

I am looking for a good untanned natural to start wearing. Tired of my random black belt. I want something clean and casual