Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Nice one!

Don't you cuff? If not I'd hem them a bit...

Curious to see how they evolve, keep us posted, thx.

I have plans to give these at least a year of wear, but that may be difficult as *rumor* has it that there is going to be a momotaro (not japan blue) release in a similar cut to the JB101s.

Mmm... I doubt that. Only a Deep Blue Copper Label model is on it's way, but it is an existing fit.

And as mentioned before, two GTB label models in OLD BLUE ind!go (same as Copper Label)

I do cuff sometimes that's why I am giving it a week, but I do like the cleanliness of no cuff at times too. I also really like the thicker brighter gold chain-stitch hem Jay at Blue owl does. We will see though, Thanks!

Nice one!

Don't you cuff? If not I'd hem them a bit...

Curious to see how they evolve, keep us posted, thx.

Edited by TheGanjaLife

Posted (edited) · Hidden by TheGanjaLife, January 10, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by TheGanjaLife, January 10, 2012 - No reason given

Yes definitely next week once they settle a bit more I'll be heading down to Blue Owl to drop them off for a hem probably take off 2" or so but after cuffing em to 1.5" I am thinking about that since I don't want them highwater when I sit I want minor stack for a little bit of stretch when sitting etc.

Hem a bit, no?

Edited by TheGanjaLife

Yes definitely next week once they settle a bit more I'll be heading down to Blue Owl to drop them off for a hem probably take off 2" or so but after cuffing em to 1.5" I am thinking about that since I don't want them highwater when I sit I want minor stack for a little bit of stretch when sitting etc.

Say hi to Jay from me (Rob, OKIYA). Thx

@ganga_ did you soak? we all know it's sanforized, but the lenght will def shrink up to 1.5". 'need to leave inseam allowance when you hem. they'd know what do when you drop 'em of at the store... just make sure to tell them you want an extra inch [or w/e you want] for cuffing postsoak/wash.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Exactly what I was already thinking. I just got an email from jay he told me that they won't shrink, at least not enough to worry about and that I'd probably need about 2" taken off. I had forgot that he had a pair and did a test on em after a soak etc it was his waistband that shrunk to an inch or so but same day stretched back out to the pre soak size. I'll let em settle and I'll think about it for a couple of weeks first and see how it goes from there.

@ganga_ did you soak? we all know it's sanforized, but the lenght will def shrink up to 1.5". 'need to leave inseam allowance when you hem. they'd know what do when you drop 'em of at the store... just make sure to tell them you want an extra inch [or w/e you want] for cuffing postsoak/wash.

Edited by TheGanjaLife

Mmm... I doubt that. Only a Deep Blue Copper Label model is on it's way, but it is an existing fit.

And as mentioned before, two GTB label models in OLD BLUE ind!go (same as Copper Label)

Don't forget about the 0702 too, it should be arriving in about first quarter of this year.

I doubt these shrink much... Vintage Label which are said to be "partially" sanforized shrink like a mofo indeed. But didn't he state his inseam length was about 35". That's the same length as all the one wash models Momotaro offers, which makes me think these don't shrink as much as the Vintage Labels.

But in any way, your advice is quite good actually, even if it doesn't shrink much. Some length for setting creases, some length for cuffing... And hell, why not for shrinkage also :P

Don't forget about the 0702 too, it should be arriving in about first quarter of this year.

Correct... I already forgot about it.

I doubt these shrink much... Vintage Label which are said to be "partially" sanforized shrink like a mofo indeed. But didn't he state his inseam length was about 35". That's the same length as all the one wash models Momotaro offers, which makes me think these don't shrink as much as the Vintage Labels.

But in any way, your advice is quite good actually, even if it doesn't shrink much. Some length for setting creases, some length for cuffing... And hell, why not for shrinkage also :P

grand indigo comes raw, right? that's why i asked if he soaked. the waistband can be manipulated [to a certain degree], but when it comes to hemming i'm so anal cuz once you snip, there's no turning back.... dont wannabe struttin backwards like MJ ;)

although, @BiG you get free hemming for the life of the jeans you bought from them. so, you don't need to be so precise__ as long as you don't go overboard [... or care too much about roping]..

Edited by BrownMetallic

grand indigo comes raw, right? that's why i asked if he soaked. the waistband can be manipulated [to a certain degree], but when it comes to hemming i'm so anal cuz once you snip, there's no turning back.... dont wannabe struttin backwards like MJ ;)

Dunno, if these come raw (as in true definition of raw). I'm doubting because of the inseam length. All raw Momo's (Vintage Label) have a 39" inseam, while most one wash models are 35". That's why I stated they probably will not shrink much, if it is any indication.

But either way, your comment is absolutely true.

True, but these also state that they are raw in their description, while we all know that the GTB line is one wash

Momotaro "Going to Battle" 15.7oz "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0705sp

http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7976000

Also, Momotaro's are known for being partially sanforized, still the Vintage Label manages to shrink up to 2" in the length and comes with an inseam long enough to counter it. The Grand Indigo, while said being sanforized comes with an 35,5" which is exactly the same as the one wash models Momotaro offers. This makes me think that somewhat they are laundered, if not in seawater, but it's known that the so called sanforized/partially sanforzed models shrink a ton.

Edited by M1stral

Just made the decision not to hem. Once I noticed how much I like a clean double cuff (2, 1" cuffs) put the pant exactly where I wanted and the sulphur weft gives it a distinct look that I fell for. So yup thus far I have decided not to hem. Sorry for all the pics

DSC_0161.jpg

grandindigo.jpg

grandindigo2.jpg

Sitting down

DSC_0166.jpg

Edited by TheGanjaLife

Guys (@Brown & M1s), The Euroline jeans (as the ER007) was initally a line especially developped for European market, S/S2010 we speak.

The one Jay carries the only remainder of that line, in fact the only model that is a 'commercial' hit (Momotaro wanted to have a fabric similar to PBJ XX007/9, BUT wait until you see the 0702 :-))

All Euroline jeans were tagged w28/34-L34 & W36-L35, an they more or less shrink to tagged size after a hot wash.

Momotaro"s vintage label jeans are the only ones that are unsanforized or loomstate.

ALL other models are sanforized, and not partionally sanforised!

A rinsed Momotaro (Copper label/GTB) shrinks because it has only briefly being washed using a controlled water temperature of 10°C and will shrink further by soaking in hoy water, hence you guys coming up with partionally sanforized stories.

Guys (@Brown & M1s), The Euroline jeans (as the ER007) was initally a line especially developped for European market, S/S2010 we speak.

The one Jay carries the only remainder of that line, in fact the only model that is a 'commercial' hit (Momotaro wanted to have a fabric similar to PBJ XX007/9, BUT wait until you see the 0702 :-))

All Euroline jeans were tagged w28/34-L34 & W36-L35, an they more or less shrink to tagged size after a hot wash.

Momotaro"s vintage label jeans are the only ones that are unsanforized or loomstate.

ALL other models are sanforized, and not partionally sanforised!

A rinsed Momotaro (Copper label/GTB) shrinks because it has only briefly being washed using a controlled water temperature of 10°C and will shrink further by soaking in hoy water, hence you guys coming up with partionally sanforized stories.

Thanks for your opinion on this... Though I allready knew the ER models were from another line, so called Europe Label, which was made for customers overzeas. Apparently it wasn't a real succes, but I reckon this has to do with the fact that the real deal was/is fairly easy to obtain, surely if you are into denim.

The concensus had been for a long period that Momotaro partially sanforized jeans, which is... When you think of it, complete bullshit. You either sanforize or not. Think this has to do with the "false" info on the flashers regarding the GTB and Copper Label models, which state they are sanforized, while they are one wash.

Rubyblue, do you have an estimated guess on when the 0702 will be available? I'm intending on copping a pair when it gets released.

The concensus had been for a long period that Momotaro partially sanforized jeans, which is... When you think of it, complete bullshit. You either sanforize or not. Think this has to do with the "false" info on the flashers regarding the GTB and Copper Label models, which state they are sanforized, while they are one wash.

Rubyblue, do you have an estimated guess on when the 0702 will be available? I'm intending on copping a pair when it gets released.

It's a bit confusing yep... but copper & gtb are o/w & sanforized. Vintage label even exist in o/w, but this is mostly for the Japanese market.

The 0702, we are presenting it right now... delivery early spring I guess, but I can confirm exact date end of january. You order a pair from me he...;-)

It's a bit confusing yep... but copper & gtb are o/w & sanforized. Vintage label even exist in o/w, but this is mostly for the Japanese market.

The 0702, we are presenting it right now... delivery early spring I guess, but I can confirm exact date end of january. You order a pair from me he...;-)

Sure, will do. Keep a size 29 around for me, so I can soak them right on, haha (if sizing is the same like 0701). Could you shoot me a PM when you know more?

I got my pair of jp101's today. 32" waist and they fit perfect on the waist and thighs. Unfortunately they are far from skinny from the knee down, so much so that I need at least 1.5" taken off from the knee down. I'm not sure if I've just got an unusual body but they are far from being a tight fit. With a pair of Vans on, they easily trail at the back.... I believe the 32" are either 7.5 or 8" at the hem but I think I need them hemmed to around 6.5-7".

Oh, I'm a size 10uk. So it's not as though I have baby feet. Anyone else experienced this? All the posts above appear a nicer tapered fit compared to the pair I got...

That's awesome, take some pics we'd love to see them.

I got my pair of jp101's today. 32" waist and they fit perfect on the waist and thighs. Unfortunately they are far from skinny from the knee down, so much so that I need at least 1.5" taken off from the knee down. I'm not sure if I've just got an unusual body but they are far from being a tight fit. With a pair of Vans on, they easily trail at the back.... I believe the 32" are either 7.5 or 8" at the hem but I think I need them hemmed to around 6.5-7".

Oh, I'm a size 10uk. So it's not as though I have baby feet. Anyone else experienced this? All the posts above appear a nicer tapered fit compared to the pair I got...

Well, first of all, the 0101 or the 0100SP are both not that tapered. For a tapered fit I recommend you search for a model based on the 0201 from the Vintage Label collection.

There are a few things that can cause a fit that you don't like and the most obvious reason is, you sized wrong. If a size 32 fits, it's not taken for granted that this is your size. So I would advise to measure your true waist and size accordingly.

If this isn't the case, you might haven taken a cut which doesn't suit you, due to your/someone's build, some cuts work and others don't.

Well, first of all, the 0101 or the 0100SP are both not that tapered. For a tapered fit I recommend you search for a model based on the 0201 from the Vintage Label collection.

There are a few things that can cause a fit that you don't like and the most obvious reason is, you sized wrong. If a size 32 fits, it's not taken for granted that this is your size. So I would advise to measure your true waist and size accordingly.

If this isn't the case, you might haven taken a cut which doesn't suit you, due to your/someone's build, some cuts work and others don't.

Thanks for this.

It's quite hard for me to be picky since I live in the north of Scotland. Usually I get my apc ps tailored for a closer fit. I usually try and make the best of what ever I can get. My tailor is brilliant though so I've got the upmost confidence I can get a desired fit from these. It's hard to judge when purchasing online you know...

I'll get some photos done once these have been altered. I'll save my blushes for the time being. I may be new, but I'm not stupid enough to post obviously poor fitting jeans :)

Pardon me for asking, but why would you get a pair of Japan Blue's or any other jeans altered besides them not fitting, e.g too long or when you're on either outside of the sizing table.

In my opinion you've chosen the wrong cut. If a skinny cut offered by a Japanese brand isn't too your liking, It's wise to stay away from Japanese brands, cutwise (there are some exceptions, though). Most Japanese brands, aren't to our standards when it comes to fitting. Something they call tight or skinny, is somewhat more on the slim side most of the time. Sizing down could remedy that somewhat, but I don't think that is an option.

For as far as I know, the 0100 and 0101 are the most skinny cuts offered by Japan Blue, and if I'm not mistaken it's based on the N&F Skinny Guy.

If you want anything slimmer than that, Japan Blue won't be able to satisfy your needs.

Tip on online purchasing by the way. Try to find a pair of jeans that has the same measurements as a reference pair. There are always sizingcharts or sizinginfo available on the better online shops.