Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Honestly, I don't think the cut suits you then. When I look at your fitpic, I see a lot of exces denim, mostly in the topblock/thigh area. Since these are one wash, they won't shrinnk as much as an unsanforized jean.

I don't think your fit is bad. Just not how a 0705SP should fit. But I think the most important thing is, that you are satisfied with how they fit. It's nothing horrible to look at, honestly. But if you intend to get a slimmer fit, maybe one of the Japan Blue x Momotaro offerings is more to your liking. Or a cut from another brand.

Yes, if you prefer a straight fit. But then you shouldn't buy a 0705, but a 0905. 0705 should fit slimmer like I stated before, but nonetheless the fit is good, only not as it should be.

I've posted these some time ago in this thread, with (offcourse) your credentials. They are absolutely stunning.

thanks for the kind words. i remember you asking now. i haven't spent much time on sufu or sf and a friend of mine, jyoni, just suggested i throw them up. i love them. there is a lot more wear left in them and they'll only get prettier.

what are some online stores that stock momotaro tees? other than blue owl and rakuten pls! tia

check my sig

I'm not seeing the Momotaro T-shirts anywhere on your website. Jay has been telling me he's eventually going to re stock those, but it sounded like it would be a while out. I've been trying to track down a red one in small myself.

They're out of stock at the moment... snet me a pm and I'll let you know when replenishment will take place.

Has someone (particarly Rob or Jay) seen the 0702 in person? If so, can you give a description on what it is like? Pics would be even better. Just curious of what I'm waiting for.

Jay stated it's going to be a whole new fabric (source: BlueOwl blog). If it is anything like the Grand Indigo's I'm sure it will be fantastic!

been thinking about picking up a 0201 but I am kinda concerned as to how pink the peach inseam is. Is it really noticably pink? Or does it blend in well? Are there any other models that use the same silhouette as the 0201 but without the pick inseam stiching?

been thinking about picking up a 0201 but I am kinda concerned as to how pink the peach inseam is. Is it really noticably pink? Or does it blend in well? Are there any other models that use the same silhouette as the 0201 but without the pick inseam stiching?

It does contrast a bit but then again, no one's going to be eyeballing the inseam stitching of your jeans. I personally like it, and it really won't be that noticeable once the denim starts to fade.

All Momotaro's, with the exception of the 0705BiG and 0705NI feature the pink lined inseam. The two models mentioned that don't, both have been released by Blue In Green. First one features a burnt red inseam, to resemble the colour of a peach better, after the colour has faded, this by the words of Gordon from BiG himself. The latter is the Natural Indigo pair, which somehow has everything a man/woman could wish for in a pair of jeans, but misses key Momotaro features like the pink lined inseam and pink selvage outseam. It comes at a hefty price too...

Anyway, Japan Blue/Collect also has another line, called Japan Blue x Momotaro, it features some existing cuts and some new ones. Some have signature Momotaro detailing, others not. You should really try a Google search on it, or take some time to read through the thread, since I'm not really familair with the Japan Blue x Momotaro collection.

Anyway, all Momotaro's feature the pink lined inseam and pink selvage outseam. It is, like stated before, one of the details that is undoubtly Momotaro. And yeah, it stands out, surely when you got a brand new pair. But I won't call it disturbing. Most people won't even notice it, although it is really apparent... But I guess it's more apparent to the one wearing it, than the audience around you.

Has someone (particarly Rob or Jay) seen the 0702 in person? If so, can you give a description on what it is like? Pics would be even better. Just curious of what I'm waiting for.

Jay stated it's going to be a whole new fabric (source: BlueOwl blog). If it is anything like the Grand Indigo's I'm sure it will be fantastic!

Friday I'll have the 0202 & 0702, as well as the new G017 and the new GTB's, and I'll bring them home after the weekend :-)

I'll post pics this weekend if I find a moment or you can come and visit me in Paris this weekend, or Antwerp afterwards...

It is noticeably pink when the jeans are new. As others have said, it becomes less noticeable as the jeans fade. The pink is also supposed to fade to more of a peach color as the jeans wear, but personally, I haven't really seen this happen.

All Momotaro's, with the exception of the 0705BiG and 0705NI feature the pink lined inseam. The two models mentioned that don't, both have been released by Blue In Green. First one features a burnt red inseam, to resemble the colour of a peach better, after the colour has faded, this by the words of Gordon from BiG himself. The latter is the Natural Indigo pair, which somehow has everything a man/woman could wish for in a pair of jeans, but misses key Momotaro features like the pink lined inseam and pink selvage outseam. It comes at a hefty price too...

Anyway, Japan Blue/Collect also has another line, called Japan Blue x Momotaro, it features some existing cuts and some new ones. Some have signature Momotaro detailing, others not. You should really try a Google search on it, or take some time to read through the thread, since I'm not really familair with the Japan Blue x Momotaro collection.

Anyway, all Momotaro's feature the pink lined inseam and pink selvage outseam. It is, like stated before, one of the details that is undoubtly Momotaro. And yeah, it stands out, surely when you got a brand new pair. But I won't call it disturbing. Most people won't even notice it, although it is really apparent... But I guess it's more apparent to the one wearing it, than the audience around you.

Just wanted to add that the Context Grand Indigo collabs do not have the pink inseam stitching.

Friday I'll have the 0202 & 0702, as well as the new G017 and the new GTB's, and I'll bring them home after the weekend :-)

I'll post pics this weekend if I find a moment or you can come and visit me in Paris this weekend, or Antwerp afterwards...

Word on any small sizes (0202 and 0702)? I prolly need a 28 in the slim straights and a 29 in the tight straights. You offer chainstitching service, aren't you?

If you have my size, let me know. Might cop a pair directly.

I decided to hem them because I like the cleaner look of the jean without a cuff and that usually goes for any jean I wear that's just my personal preference. I also like the thread that Jay of Blue owl uses its thicker. Plus in the end I do not want any intense cuff marks on the jean or anything. Just want to put on my jeans not worrying about a cuff. I seem to have OCD with cuffs and constantly are making sure they're even and just right lmfao.

I gained a little bit of a bond with the grand indigo's that's why I didn't want to hem em and wait for a few days haha but Jay is awesome and blue owl is only 30-40 minutes away and he knew I had a road trip tomorrow and I wanted to wear them. He gladly hemmed them that night and they were done so I could pick them up the next day.

If you want to hem them, by all means. Do it. If you enjoy cuffs. Then cuff.

@theganjalife why did you decide to hem your jeans? i thought you were going with the double cuff. just wondering because i have the same one and can't decide wether to cuff or hem

im the same way with my jeans. im very ocd. im at a lost as in what to do with my jeans. i like the double cuff i have going on but i don't like the fact that they highwater when i sit AND i dont really how they make very visible cuff marks if i decide to unroll them. i just don't know what to do lol i'm very neurotic when it comes to my jeans

im the same way with my jeans. im very ocd. im at a lost as in what to do with my jeans. i like the double cuff i have going on but i don't like the fact that they highwater when i sit AND i dont really how they make very visible cuff marks if i decide to unroll them. i just don't know what to do lol i'm very neurotic when it comes to my jeans

Buy 2 pairs : one for cuffing & one hemmed to length ;-)

I know what you're saying. I see you obviously do not like the cuff enough to actually be happy with it and keep it. I was basically in the same boat, so I hemmed. So happy I did. Go for it. I noticed you said they are like high waters when you sit down. I am 5'9 how tall are you? When I double cuffed I did 2 1" cuffs on each leg and had room when I sat down comfortably too it was just perfect. How big are yours cuffs? Just make the cuffs smaller.

lol I know right.

Buy 2 pairs : one for cuffing & one hemmed to length ;-)