Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

EDIT: found this a few minutes ago, i have no idea what it is but there's some measurements and a nice pre and post soak fit pic in the thread! http://li163-42.memb...15/momotaro/675

The measurements in this post are faulty. Raw Momo's run a bit over an inch over tagged size. Check blueowl.us for accurate measurements on the 0201 and/or 0701. Their info is always correct.

For 0201 I advise TTS or even -1 if you can pull it off, for a perfect fit after shrinkage and stretching.

Nice fit, do the 0705BIG pretty much fit the same as the 0701s?

slightly higher rise, a bit more tapered (slightly bigger thigh, slightly less hem)...

in fact it's the same fit as the 0705SP but without the stripes if I'm correct.

^finally sweapea... i knew you would post your nfxmomotaro sooner or later (crossing my fingers for your sweet fit ;) )

My dear kayo, it is thanks to your sizing advice that I took the plunge! :)

I could barely get the top button done up on the first day, but by now it's fine! Ruby blue's descriptions also helped a lot, so thank you!

great pickup sweapa. Now let's see some fitpics :P

Hopefully I will be done with our big implementation at work soon - which means I might actually be able to take a pic outside in daylight hours! :)

merry Christmas and happy new year guys! :D

my 0705sp @day 18,

IMG-20111225-WA004.jpg

wear them every other day max since it's hot here in Thailand. how's the fit? :rolleyes:

Fit pics JB 0701

0D5uN.jpg

vOSid.jpg

Really great for the price.

Yeah I have the JB101's and my friend has the JB100's, and they've been my favorite jeans since I bought them. There really isn't enough love for these. The denim itself is obviously not the same quality as your regular Momotaros but its still quite nice denim and it blows most everything out of the water at its $200 price point. I just love them because they're the only skinny fit Momotaros for the time being.

I'll get back to the thread with some pictures of our JB101/JB100's when my friend gets back into town, if I can convince him to clean his jeans for some pictures. Both pairs are about 6mo old, daily wear, mine are dry and his are 1 wash and quite a bit more faded than mine.

slightly higher rise, a bit more tapered (slightly bigger thigh, slightly less hem)...

in fact it's the same fit as the 0705SP but without the stripes if I'm correct.

I would agree about the 0705SP being pretty much the same. Haven't had any experience with the 0701 though.

I intend to wear these dry for a while and I must say.. this is some stiff ass denim! :P

Time for some Copper Label in this thread : G004MB, sized down 1 (don't recommend it, waist barely stretches), several rain soaks, 30 days of wear:

Momo-G004MB-1.jpg

Momo-G004MB-5.jpg

Momo-G004MB-12.jpg

Leather patch treated with leather grease as it was very dry due to the initial salt water rinse...

The belt is from Pure Blue Japan, almost 2 year old, on/off wear, no special treatment.

More images here

obviously, the riveted leather patch idea was from the "copper" label. i kinda like its functionality_ ie, 3" extra unencumbered linear waistband space [to access for stretching] ... when needed :)

@rubyblue__ their regular denim is hard enough to fade. a nat could take 4ever to properly break in. you might just have to kiss your jeans rotation goodbye & go mono-jeanous ... so, careful what you ask for. ;)

@rubyblue__ their regular denim is hard enough to fade. a nat could take 4ever to properly break in. you might just have to kiss your jeans rotation goodbye & go mono-jeanous ... so, careful what you ask for. ;)

Yup, I know... i ilke a real challenge (and to collect stuff) ...and good for visiting my grannies without them being shocked :wink:

I just went through my archives, it is the same jeans as we presented last CAPSULE, so I've seen, felt, and tried it...

BIG offers the option of the back pocket war paint (hence the SP-addition), but I prefer the clean look.

Lucky for me, the fit is to slim (thighs)!

Lucky for me, the fit is to slim (thighs)!

Unlucky for my wallet, since I can fit in to them.

Anyway, don't know if I will be getting them. They look lovely, but I allready have a somewhat same fit with my Copper Labels. And there are enough natural indigo offerings on other brands as well.

By the way, the fits on this page look awesome. Although I agree with thenorthern about the length of ones Momo's, they both look lovely.

@ Aniki: Have you had them hemmed?

Yup, I know... i ilke a real challenge (and to collect stuff) ...and good for visiting my grannies without them being shocked :wink: I just went through my archives, it is the same jeans as we presented last CAPSULE, so I've seen, felt, and tried it... BIG offers the option of the back pocket war paint (hence the SP-addition), but I prefer the clean look. Lucky for me, the fit is to slim (thighs)!

By the way, I checked them a BiG. The absence of the pink selvage outseam/pink lined inseam is a bit of a dealbreaker for me. That is one of Momotaro's key features.

By the way, I checked them a BiG. The absence of the pink selvage outseam/pink lined inseam is a bit of a dealbreaker for me. That is one of Momotaro's key features.

I didn't even notice until now...

Edited by rubyblue

Unlucky for my wallet, since I can fit in to them.

Anyway, don't know if I will be getting them. They look lovely, but I allready have a somewhat same fit with my Copper Labels. And there are enough natural indigo offerings on other brands as well.

By the way, the fits on this page look awesome. Although I agree with thenorthern about the length of ones Momo's, they both look lovely.

@ Aniki: Have you had them hemmed?

They are hemmed perfectly , there is no drag when I walk however I do have sort of hyperextended knee angles so taking the picture looks a bit off. Camera sucks too so that doesn't really help.

I'll post more fit pics soon once I get the slr handy.

Hi there, i just bought a pair of Momotaro Japan Blue JB101 Skinny Denim, and i have to say that so far im loving them.

They are a little on the tight side for my waist, in fact i cant even get the top button done. Everything else fits perfect though. Should these stretch after a week or so after wearing them around the house? My apcs stretched about 3inches overall!

I know there are posts already on stretching jeans out but none particularly for this model...

Thanks guys!

Edited by Sellhimechoes

Hi there, i just bought a pair of Momotaro Japan Blue JB101 Skinny Denim, and i have to say that so far im loving them.

They are a little on the tight side for my waist, in fact i cant even get the top button done. Everything else fits perfect though. Should these stretch after a week or so after wearing them around the house? My apcs stretched about 3inches overall!

I know there are posts already on stretching jeans out but none particularly for this model...

Thanks guys!

Just wearing them around should stretch them. I'm not sure if they will stretch enough if you can't get that top button done though. When I got mine I could button them all the way but it was quite difficult. I'm about 4 months of effective wear in and now they've stretched so much I need to belt them until I finally break down and wash them. And I'm at the exact same body weight and measured waist size as I was when I bought them. So there is quite a bit of room for them to stretch but not as much as say APC's. If I remember right it took a long time for mine to stretch initially but they did eventually.

Speaking of washing my JB x Momotaros, what detergent would you guys recommend? I've heard good things about Dr. Bronson's, is that the way to go? Or is it worthwhile to get a denim detergent?

Don(t be bothered to much about washing your JB. Due to the dyeing technique used, you won't loose color.

Just a little bit of natural soap is always fine...

Just curious,. what about the dying process in JB's makes them this way? This would also explain why they fade slowly, yes?

A mixture of sulphur/indigo...much cheaper, hence the retail price and this makes it a hard to fade jeans...

Keep on wearing them, they'll fade beautiful at the end!

Cheers

A mixture of sulphur/indigo...much cheaper, hence the retail price and this makes it a hard to fade jeans...

Keep on wearing them, they'll fade beautiful at the end!

Cheers

Oh cool, I was wondering about that. I can't really smell very well, so I never noticed the sulphur dye when they were new. Its leading to some interesting properties in the fading, mainly that the areas that tend to fade in gradual wear (the seat, knees, thighs) are staying really dark, but all of the creases are fading noticeably. They've also developed this gray/dark hue with age, more noticeably on my friend's pair than mine. But its very obvious when you compare it along side the spare fabric I have from my hems.

I have plans to give these at least a year of wear, but that may be difficult as *rumor* has it that there is going to be a momotaro (not japan blue) release in a similar cut to the JB101s.