Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

^ahhh happy socks! ordered mine too...

rubyblue, email sent... apparently i "need" more than just socks and (off topic) please tell me that my blouse is the only one sz 36 in stripe twill B)

(sorry couldnt manage to drop by your store yet... neither did tiro i believe :rolleyes:)

japan blue limited scarves, grab one before too late

388306_325310217479159_128488217161361_1338764_1699578450_n.jpg

384443_325310424145805_128488217161361_1338766_627220464_n.jpg

at your fave (online) stores:

Need supply(USA)

Crome yellow(Canada)

DeeCeeStyle(Switzerland)

Okiya(Belgium)

Quvus x Denimheads(Czech Republic)

CoRLection(Australia)

Stagione AB(Italy)

デニム研究所(大阪)

桃太郎ジーンズ城下店(岡山)

Edited by kayodic

(sorry couldnt manage to drop by your store yet... neither did tiro i believe :rolleyes:)

indeed, quite ashamed of this... must resist urge to buy MF chambray for now though with the holidays coming up etc... :unsure:

indeed, quite ashamed of this... must resist urge to buy MF chambray for now though with the holidays coming up etc... :unsure:

We've made you a new place to hang out... and you didn't even show up for the time being! Mmm... what shall I say. Better be quick, as we have a nice selection, that is growing...and sellin' fast... and I know you need X-mas gifts ;-)

Take your time, we won't be moving the first couple of years...!

^seeing those reactions on NF thread, perhaps you already thought of selling this pair but let me chip in.... i personally dont dislike your fit, waist will stretch out around 1"-1.5" though the thigh area wont stretch as much as waist (around 0.5"-0.75") and imo you picked the right size. i've been handling nfxmomotaro skinny guy, at first i couldnt button the top one too but now i need my belt (take into account that the fabric is still stiff and hasnt softened yet). i dont have a pair of their second collaboration but i know the fabric is not much different than the skinny guy one (i already saw, touched and felt the fabric myself + talked to bahzad nf, so i assumed the fabric will behave more or less the same as first collabs and they will fade a tad faster than first one according to momotaro...)

just my two cents worth....

northern, so pretty i know and love the chambray check combo....

tiro, shame on you my friend... and you better be quick to get that mf chambray!!!

rubyblue, oh cool... a hang out place for us the groupies? ;) cant wait cant wait for my early xmas present.... thank you!

Gentlemen.

Read through 22+ pages and now I'm down a denim rabbit hole.

Need to replace my Evisu lot no.1 specials cos the dry cleaner fucking washed them. Like the sound and look of Momos but confused by all the different sizing.

I can get my hands on raw 0201, 0901 and 0701. Do I size up, down or stay TTS.

Many thanks.

^afaik tts will always do the justice though im not a gentleman, perhaps other gents here can convince you more (rubyblue, mistral or max power)

if my memory serves me right, rubyblue sized down one for his 0901, mistral stays tts to his 0701... it also depends on how you want your jeans to look like...

Gentlemen.

Need to replace my Evisu lot no.1 specials cos the dry cleaner fucking washed them. Like the sound and look of Momos but confused by all the different sizing.

Many thanks.

I have three pairs of Momo's. Two Vintage Labels and one Copper.

Just for your info:

I got a size 29 (measures a little over 30) on the 0201. This pair was soaked and eventually stretched, although a little to ensure a comfortable fit. I didn't do any math with this pair, in case of sizing, since they fitted of the rack (bought them in a store).

Copper Labels I have, are one wash and a size 29. These fit like a glove. I just took well fitting jeans for reference and ordered the size closest to my reference pair (reference was a pair of Somets by the way).

With the 0701 I just compared the one wash measurements for the Copper Labels and got the exact same size for raw. I'm not really intending to soak these for a long time, so I bought them really snug. TTS is the case if you compare my measured waist to measured waistband (eg. I have I 29.5" waist, I went with the pair that measured 29.5 in raw state, a tagged 28). For comfort I would recommend to go one up though (for sure if you want to soak them before wearing).

The 0201 TTS is fine, but I recommend -1. 0701 TTS or +1, I wouldn't advise to downsize on these, because of the small topblock. ( I actually did, if you only take a look at tagged size... But then again, I'm fairly slim). Momo's are known to be a bitch to stretch, so take that into account when purchasing a pair.

Edit: Here's a fit on my 0701. And yes... They look tight, but they are really comfy.

11tty1h.jpg

Edited by M1stral

Gentlemen.

Many thanks.

Agree w/ M1stral

For 0201 & 0901, my first paris were TTS, the next pairs I downsized 1... If you're patient, they'll stretch out 1 size and you'll have an amazing fit.

For 0701, TTS oe TTS+1... depends a bit on your legs (thighs) in fact.

Anyway, good choice opting for Momotaro :-)

i know the Japan Blue x Momotaro 0100SP are sanforized but can they shrink a full inch in the waist ?

example: a tagged size 32 measures out to 33" (acording to BOW) can that shirnk to a 32" waist if desired ?

how accurate are the measurements according to BOW for the Japan Blue Jeans ?

Edited by TheNorthern

i know the Japan Blue x Momotaro 0100SP are sanforized but can they shrink a full inch in the waist ?

example: a tagged size 32 measures out to 33" (acording to BOW) can that shirnk to a 32" waist if desired ?

how accurate are the measurements according to BOW for the Japan Blue Jeans ?

don't think so.... my 0700SP didn't move much when rinsed in the machine at 60°C and tumble dried until almost dry (yeah i know, but needed to test things out).

Jay's (Blue Owl) measurements are quite accurate. If you wan't me to, I can measure a few for you to compare, just shoot me a pm.

Most of the time, if not alyways, Blue Owl's measurements are spot on. I did business with Jay two times and both of them worked out superb.

But I don't think a pair of sanforized jeans will shrink up to one inch in the waist. They will shrink back to as-new-measurements after you've stretched them out, that's for sure. But initial shrinking on a sanforized pair is unheard of... Well, atleast an inch. 0.25 would come closer I guess, if at all.

Why you asking by the way? Don't they have a pair in your size? :)

[edit: Rubyblue beat me to it]

Edited by M1stral

it's the thighs i worry about not fitting in a size 31 (32)

are the thighs a pain to stretch ?

For me personally, yes... it means that it is not meant to be...

Denim stretches most in the direction of the exposed warp thread; that is mostly down (lengthwise), not out (widthwise). For this reason, the thighs will not stretch much if at all. The waist will stretch because the denim used to make the waist band is turned 90 degrees from the rest of the jean.

Denim stretches most in the direction of the exposed warp thread; that is mostly down (lengthwise), not out (widthwise). For this reason, the thighs will not stretch much if at all. The waist will stretch because the denim used to make the waist band is turned 90 degrees from the rest of the jean.

'Nice interpretation. But I think the waist also has more posibilities to stretch because of the fact it is under more tension than the thighs. I don't see my upper legs expand by themselves, while the waist is almost always in motion. While walking, bending over, sitting etc.

But yeah, what your saying makes sense, Never looked at it that way.

ROFL, well... I might visit your shop after christmas. Just to check out the store and see if I can take something along home (after paying for it offcourse, haha).

If you happen to have a size 29 in stock for the 0805SP, I'll take it with me home. Along with that lovely calendar, a pair of socks and some hoodies.

I'm really curious about the 0805. Wonder what the people at Okyama consider "hip fit slim".

ROFL, well... I might visit your shop after christmas. Just to check out the store and see if I can take something along home (after paying for it offcourse, haha).

If you happen to have a size 29 in stock for the 0805SP, I'll take it with me home. Along with that lovely calendar, a pair of socks and some hoodies.

I'm really curious about the 0805. Wonder what the people at Okyama consider "hip fit slim".

I have that pair, bought it at Hinoya in Tokyo last month. The cut is a fairly baggy straight one for what I thought it would be. I only tried it on for a couple min along with a bunch others and didn't realize it wasn't as slim as I was looking for, but I still like it. It's rather tight around my waist/hips, but full down the legs. The quality of the denim and construction it's self is superb, along with the peach colored accents (selvedge and inseam thread) is cool because it relates to the story of momotaro (a character from a japanese folk tale that was found inside a peach). I've included a crappy fit pic from when I got them.

46JWC.jpg

Edited by gringoinoki