Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

^if you flip 1 page back, you will find 0705sp fit. assuming you're too lazy to browse 82 pages, here i quote my own post again.

0705sp/0701 is the slimmest Momotaro fit and i agree with Mistral, your 0705sp dont look like "tight straight" Momotaro jeans supposed to fit, at first i thought they were 1005sp. this pic below is more like 0705sp fit to me.

5634296137_2a1b666316.jpg

i suggest you to get TTS since 0705sp has tighter top block than other fits, and jeans will stretch max 1-1.5" on waist (take into account that stretching also depends on how you wear and wash em, they're sanforized jeans so shrinkage is minimum)

mistral, my guess is either 0805sp or 1005sp but if i were you, i would prefer 0702 ^_^

@ Rubyblue, Max Power and everyone else into the brand: Is there a GTB version of the 0201, in regards of fit? Might want to cop a pair in the near future... If I don't take my chances on the 0702 that is being released in the beginning of next year.

0805SP is the closest, but a tad smaller in the hip area compared to 0201...

If you really like the 0201, I might be able to get you one in GTB edition (using the custom paint program)

Your high tops are dope btw!

Hows the sizing on the Vintage Momos, like the 0901? I'm around a (maybe a little less) 30 measured waist and all of my jeans have stretch to around a measured 30 with extra room. I was thinking about picking up a 29, or should I go with a 30? I've never tried shrink to fit before.

Thanks

Well, Momotaro's (The Vintage Label) run about 1 inch larger than tagged in unsoaked state. You could go for a 29 and touoghen it out, if you hot soak. But if you're not really familiar with the brand and it's shrinking/stretching capabilities, I would advise to go with a size 30. The denim on the Momo's is very tightly woven and can be a bitch to stretch. Would suck if, for any reason, you don't like the initial tightness after soak or aren't able to stretch them to where you want them.

So, in short, size 30 and hot soak.

By the way, here are some updates on my 0701. Please note that these aren't really postworthy and therefore not submitted to the evo thread, but might want to share some pics further along the process also, so you can eventually see them evolve.

2v986si.jpg

2zr4apw.jpg

Like I said, not much happening, just some creases starting to settle.

0805SP is the closest, but a tad smaller in the hip area compared to 0201...

If you really like the 0201, I might be able to get you one in GTB edition (using the custom paint program)

Your high tops are dope btw!

Thanks!

Anyway, another thanks on the info you gave to me, regardig the 0805SP (and the PM). So the hip area is actually somewhat smaller. That sounds excellent. Might go for those one day then, maybe as a christmas gift to myself, haha. Momotaro makes to much awesome stuff. So much denim, too little time and only one pair of legs. Must say that my craving for denim has increased since I became familiar with Momotaro.

Hows the sizing on the Vintage Momos, like the 0901? I'm around a (maybe a little less) 30 measured waist and all of my jeans have stretch to around a measured 30 with extra room. I was thinking about picking up a 29, or should I go with a 30? I've never tried shrink to fit before.

Thanks

I size do<n 1 on each Momo fit, except the slimmest models. So I'm talkong 0901, 0201, G003, G004, ... I've every model TTX and TTS-1, the latter pleases me most... but expect to suffer the first few weeks....

Thanks!

Anyway, another thanks on the info you gave to me, regardig the 0805SP (and the PM). So the hip area is actually somewhat smaller. That sounds excellent. Might go for those one day then, maybe as a christmas gift to myself, haha. Momotaro makes to much awesome stuff. So much denim, too little time and only one pair of legs. Must say that my craving for denim has increased since I became familiar with Momotaro.

You' welcome! I know the feeling... but it doesn't harm to collect hem ;-)

Coolest thing about the brand is that it's a nerve breaker, it tests your patience... i remeber my first pair, I had to wait like ages before something happened.

Just got my 0901s in the mail. How much will these shrink in the leg? They feel pretty baggy. I'm not sure if they are too baggy or I'm just accustomed to the NF fits. Will these shrink down in the leg a few inches or would I be better exchanging for the 0201s? I'm looking for something a baggier then the NF cuts but I don't want to be walking around in JNCOs... I wanted like a more full leg like sugar canes or mister freedom californians.

I was also wondering about the waist, if I got them too small or too big. I can easily button them up, the fit isn't tight by any means but right now they would easily stay on without a belt. I would say they fit in the waist like you would buy slacks in. I haven't soaked them yet.

Thanks, the denim on these is some of the best I've ever seen. Granted, prior to this other then NF I've only seen sugar canes. But still its awesome.

lovely colours! why handwash if u don't mind me asking?

Sorry for not responding, have been pretty busy. First, I am happy that you decided for an 0905, it's a great cut and I wouldn't mind the extra inseam inches to the GTW series. The reason why I handwash is, that I like an overall darker colour of jeans, so I don't want them to bleed too much. Also I find that handwashing helps to keep the creases and combs in place and avoids too much shrinkage. Or simple: I can't think of a reason not to handwash, but of some not to machine wash, which makes the decision easy.

Just got my 0901s in the mail. How much will these shrink in the leg? They feel pretty baggy. I'm not sure if they are too baggy or I'm just accustomed to the NF fits. Will these shrink down in the leg a few inches or would I be better exchanging for the 0201s? I'm looking for something a baggier then the NF cuts but I don't want to be walking around in JNCOs... I wanted like a more full leg like sugar canes or mister freedom californians.

I was also wondering about the waist, if I got them too small or too big. I can easily button them up, the fit isn't tight by any means but right now they would easily stay on without a belt. I would say they fit in the waist like you would buy slacks in. I haven't soaked them yet.

Thanks, the denim on these is some of the best I've ever seen. Granted, prior to this other then NF I've only seen sugar canes. But still its awesome.

I only have experience with the 201, but the denim is the same. The leg might shrink 1,5-2,5", depending on how often and how hot you soak or wash. In any case, the approx. 39" will shrink to something around 36,5-37,5" after my experience. The waist will shrink approx. 1". I found it hard to stretch, but others had no issues. So your waist description sounds perfect. And don't worry, my first days in the 0905SP were awkward, I hated the fit. Give it some time to form to your body.

Proof:

Day 1

sany2546.jpg

Day 200

dsc05743wa.jpg

dsc05924w.jpg

Posted · Hidden by Wörn75, December 7, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by Wörn75, December 7, 2011 - No reason given

^ Contrast you might want to stick with the format and only post your text in black.

Just a suggestion.

scroll up and you can find this

You really can't compare two brands in fact! (Rampuya(Momotaro) vs CollectxMomotaro)

Aside from that, as mentioned a few times already, both fabrics are woven on the same type of shuttle looms (but diff settings for the weave), 100% Zimbabwe l/s cotton, sanforised, both have the pink inseam stitch & share the same buttons... so far the brief comparison.

JPBlue uses a indigo/sulphur mixture for dying, resulting in a slower fading proces... but in the end they do fade nicely!

if it's not answering your question, then you will have no choice but reading this

just wanted to let everybody know that Actually... will be stocking Japan Blue by Momotaro starting from tomorrow. The models that will be made available will be 0100SP, 0700SP, JB0101, JB0701, JB0102 and JB0703. price for each pair will be $280SGD. Of these models, 4 of them have a Redline selvage and the other 2 do not have selvage. The models that do not have Selvage are: JB0102 and JB0703.

for those of you who are not familiar with this brand, here is a breakdown on the cut and denim on each pair.

The first two numbers in the model is the cut and the XX is the denim used. As of now, we do not carry the 04(Tapered Model) yet, those are due for release next year from Japan Blue.

JB01XX Skinny

JB04XX Tapered

JB07XX Tight

E.g. The JB0102 that we carry is a Skinny cut and the JB0701 we carry is the Tight. So, 01=Skinny and 07=Tight.

The XX behind is the type of denim used. There are currently 4 types of denim used. 01, 02, 03 and 00SP.

01= 14.8OZ Selvage 100% Texas Cotton

02= 13.5OZ No Selvage 100% Zimbabwe Cotton (High Quality)

03= 14OZ 100% Zimbabwe Cotton (High Quality)

00SP= 14.8OZ 100% Texas Cotton (Just for your information, the SP versions will carry the trademark "Going to Battle Stripes on the right backpocket)

The 01 fabric has an Indigo Warp and White Weft and is the most typical blue you see on a pair of Raw Jeans.

The 02 fabric has an Indigo Warp and Indigo Weft, hence the colour is intense and a very dark blue. It is the only fabric that has an Indigo Warp and Weft in store.

The 03 fabric has an Indigo Warp and White Weft, and due to the origin of the cotton plant and dyeing process, the denim has a very slight greencast to it which is unique to Raw denim.

The 00SP fabric is highly similar to the 01 fabric, just that they have a slightly richer blue due to the origins of the fabric.

Take note that for the jeans with a Cream Coloured Leather patch, they have a Blue inseam on the inside leg. The ones with the Brown Cowhide Leather patch, they have a pink stitching.

Sizes that we carry will be from a Size 29 to a Size 32..

Momotaro and Japan Blue are completely 2 separated brands even though they're under the same company and they have their "collaboration" jeans like NFxMomotaro or KikstyoxMomotaro. i know it's been confusing since both brands are not brought up by the way they should be. apparently they have their own characteristics.

After i came to Capsule show in Paris few weeks ago, i got a chance to see, touch and feel the Japan Blue jeans myself. I also talked to Japan Blue Momotaro crews and discussed with Rubyblue, all I can say that the jeans are completely different in terms of fit, material and specification.

Japan Blue (JB01XX, JB04XX, JB07XX) thanks to Ranon for great explanation about the fabric

165763_193275137349335_128488217161361_750318_5991886_n.jpg

IMO those 3 jeans represent the Japan Blue itself even though they still use "peach boy" patch, the rest is 100% Japan Blue (fabric, detail, flasher and even the lot says JB)

Momotaro specification on 0700SP and 0100SP

164086_193275044016011_128488217161361_750317_893496_n.jpg

these 2 are more like "collaboration" jeans as you can see the Momotaro GTB specification (button, patch, battle stripes, rivets, flasher) on these jeans except the material and fit. the lot name is also adopted from Momotaro GTB label (0705SP, tight straight). concerning the fits, 0700SP is slightly tapered than 0705SP and 0100SP is tighter and more tapered than 0700SP (that's why they call it skinny straight and it's based on N&F skinny guy fit)

In general, Japan Blue also has more/less the same rigid/stiff feeling and dark indigo as Momotaro does but the way they produce their jeans is different. Japan Blue is produced in more modern techniques, modern machinery, higher output production than Momotaro which keeps the vintage way (sewing techniques, specifications).

Both are great jeans but attract different audience. For Momotaro lovers, they'll stick to vintage feel of Momotaro where as Japan Blue is more commercial in terms of price. ;)

Hope you like em Flo.

For Japan Blue, after reading Kayo's multiquoted post, fyi, JB04XX tapered jeans is cancelled for the time being.

^rob rob rob, im thinking of getting those socks as well... let me know if my mf is ready to send out, it can be tagged along with the socks.

talk to you soon...

edit: thanks for the heads up!

Hey Kayo,

I do have your blouse since 2 weeks already... lovely btw. It can be shipped together with the socks. Just let us know. Cheers

Edited by rubyblue