THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I have the FH3009 and I just ordered the ues400T. I LOVE MY 3009'S , in retrospect I should have sized up to a 31 and went with an inseam 1 in longer and they would be the perfect pair. I bought them before I became obsessive about studying the measurement charts. I am looking forward to my 400T's, I just hope I sized them correctly. I am 30 in most jeans which as mentioned was too small with the FH's but I ordered a 29 in the 400T's based off the measurement charts. The top block in the 3009's is tight but thighs are more relaxed.

Much appreciated! Leaning more towards the 400T.

To be honest I've never really considered Fullcount before...the 1101 and 1108 look like great cuts!

I love the fit on my Fullcount 1101's, I have them in the standard 13.7 oz. denim and the special run fabric Ed did with his store.

Nice gradual taper, doesn't look carrot-shaped at all. Mainly since the thighs are as slim as the 1108.

Really would be wearing the special run pair a whole lot more if I wasn't wearing my OA02's for the DWC.

Totally agree that the 1101 is a nice tapered cut but it's not true that the thighs are cut as slim as the 1108. On a tagged size 30, the thigh measurement is a full inch larger for the 1101 than the 1108 according to BIG. No way could I squeeze into a 1108 leg without them looking sprayed-on!

The UES 400T has a super comfy thigh whereas the 1108 is not bearable in the same size. The 1101 should be more relaxed, but also not as tapered as the 400T or 1108.

thx that is very helpful. I bought my 400T's because of your posts( not recieved them yet). So if the 29 400Ts work well , how would I size the 1101's?

Totally agree that the 1101 is a nice tapered cut but it's not true that the thighs are cut as slim as the 1108. 

Whoops, I totally meant to say that "mainly since the thighs are not as slim as the 1108".

I could never fit my thighs in some 1108's!

Doh.  :P

Agree with this. Here are my W32:

Waist: 16.75† 

Front Rise: 10.5"

Rear Rise: 14"

Hip: 21"

Thigh from crotch: 12"

Thigh @ 3â€: 11" 

Mid Thigh @ 6": 10"

Knee: 8.5†

Hem : 7.75â€

Inseam : 34"

Measurements look like they might be marginally slimmer (esp. top block) than your ideal pair but could work.

Mine are plain old 527. Not 527zr or 527r (which I've never really known the difference between).

I can put my truzzers back on now!

Edit: mine are non-wash. Not now (!) when I bought them.

Edited by unders

The low tension weave does make them more comfortable than other heavyweights although it is a fairly slim fit so they can feel pretty snug. I suppose we're going into winter which will help.

But to be perfectly honest mate, I wore some normal jeans last weekend (Westride at c.14oz) and decided I was never going to buy heavyweight jeans again - they're just simply not as comfortable than jeans ought to be. It's taken me 3 pairs of heavyweights to reach that conclusion!

Edited by unders

On the subject of tapered cuts, after measuring and considerable re-measuring and cross referencing what I'm wearing I think I've reached what might be my definitive preferred sizing and hopefully cut. 

* All measurements post wash / soak / shrink

Waist (waistband aligned front and back, pulled a bit) : 16.5† - to fit 33†doubled

Front Rise (crotch seam to top of waistband above button) : 10.75†to 11†max

Rear Rise (crotch seam - from rear - to top of waistband) : 14.75†to 15†max

Hip (over bottom fly button ) : 21.5â€

Thigh from crotch (crotch seam to outer edge beyond outer seam - e.g. full fabric width) : 12.5†to 12.75â€

Thigh @ 3†(full flat fabric width) : 11.5†

Mid Thigh @ 6" (full flat fabric width) : 10.25"

Knee (at 13" down from crotch seam)  : 9†

Hem : 8â€

Inseam : 32.5†to 33â€

If anyone has the Strike Gold 1109 in a 33 or 34, would this be comparable? Or The FH 3009 again in 33 or 34? Or a tapered fit from Oni?

Here's some measurements on some size 33s in Strike Gold (1109) and Oni (517) that I used to have. Both were too slim for me...sold them. Based on your preferred measurements they're too slim for you as well. 

The Strike Gold 1109 size 33 (after one hot soak)

Waist: 33.5â€
Front rise: 10.25â€
Upper thigh: 12â€
Thigh (1" below top): 11.5â€
Mid thigh (6" from upper thigh): 9.5â€
Knee: 8â€
Hem: 7.75"

Oni 517 14oz low tension size 33 (after one warm wash)
Waist 33â€
Front Rise: 10"
Back Rise: 13.75"
Top Thigh: 12.25â€
1" below top of thigh: 11.75â€
Mid Thigh (6" from top thigh): 10â€
Knee (12" from top thigh): 8.5â€
Leg Opening: 7.5â€

The FH 3009 sound like a great bet. 
Edited by tion4->

I agree with the 3009 choice. My optimum waist is 30.5 and I have a size 30 3009 which would have been better at 31.

I have the 1109's in a 31 and the waist is slightly big but thighs are perfect and the cut is more tapered(much more) than 3009.

I also have the 811's in sz 31 and they are relaxed all around , should have gone TTS.

I feel the 3009's are a Size up One fit. I think Kiya says this as well in his fit description. They are what you are looking for. 

Best to start with the fit you're after since 'slim tapered' can mean different things to different folks.

Take some measurements of a pair that you have now that is closest to what you're looking for. If you post some measurements you'll probably a lot of great advice (like hoggreaser on the last page). Use the Blue in Green measurement method: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=41

Edited by tion4->