THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

hello there

I am looking for suggestions to get a pair of raws with these specs:

top block slim but not too much, medium rise, with a nice taper on the bottom.

this kind of cut works well for me. I have a pair of well loved Edwin ed67 with multiple repairs, which are getting close to retirement. I'd like to replace these with something a little more high quality.

What do you think?

volvo

hello there

I am looking for suggestions to get a pair of raws with these specs:

top block slim but not too much, medium rise, with a nice taper on the bottom.

this kind of cut works well for me. I have a pair of well loved Edwin ed67 with multiple repairs, which are getting close to retirement. I'd like to replace these with something a little more high quality.

What do you think?

volvo

BSP's sound good...

I have been lurking around here for a week now and herez my first post.. Planning to get my first Raw Selvedge denims.. Having a hard time deciding between Momotaro Vintage line or the Iron Heart 21oz.. Loved Momotaro for the tradition and IH for the heavy duty denim.. Pls advice..

Both companies produce nice denim, but I would choose your jeans based on cut, not denim.

I want to buy a pair of straight jeans and I´m between the momotaro 0201 (http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com.es/2012/01/momotaro-vintage-lavel-157oz-raw.html) and the samurai S5000VX 15th anniversay 17 oz (http://shop.dc4.de/Samurai-15th-Anniversary:::132.html?XTCsid=8ro1um9jb1piejs5ikpu84k2q4).

What do you recommend me?

Price wise, I think the Momos are a better deal. I have the 0901s and think the denim is very nice - dark, thick (15.7oz is a great weight), the construction is sturdy and the details such as custom stamped rivets and peach stitching are excellent too. I don't have Samurais so can't compare but judging by the 600+ pages on their thread, they're very popular and no doubt would be recommended by many.

Eternals retain their indigo very well, so if you're looking for a dark pair, these match. Dunno about the PBJs, at least the 007 start out darker and will probably stay like that for a while too. Guess that didn't help you, besides you're on the right track and can choose the best cut out of the mentionend.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently wear a size 36 IH 634s and am looking into buying a 2nd pair of jeans but cannot make up my mind since there are so many great choices out there. I am looking for something more fitted, with a higher rise and more taper below the knee than the 634s. I am also looking for an unsanforized pair that fades really well with high contrast. So far, I am considering the flathead 3009, Strike gold 1105/2105, or a pair of samurais (either the S5000vx or 710). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Any advice for me??

I am looking for a 36/32 tapered jeans, I have bought some IH (634s, devils cut and beatle) in the past and currently my Evisu Leepro are worn most along with the iron Hearts.

I am looking for a lighter weight jeans than the IH's but with a lower top block than the Leepro..

Any suggestions??

Both companies produce nice denim, but I would choose your jeans based on cut, not denim.

+1. The Sammies look like more of a classic straight (based on appearance, didnt read measurements). The 201s are slim straight. You wanted a this or that recommendation: I would go with the 201s. I base this on the fit (slim straight is a better cut for non-fatpeople IMO), weight (15.7 more versatile than 19oz), price (about $100 cheaper), and flair (I personally like the pink inseam).

So there you have it. I recommend you get the 201s based on: fit, weight, price, and style. Post update and let me know what you got.

Hi, which do you guys think is the better cut/denim combo ...... Strike Gold 1109 / Flathead 2001 / Iron Heart 666 18oz

I don't think a lot of people have had all three of them so they could tell you which has the better cut/denim combo :P. But if I had to choose, I would go for the Iron Heart...

Hi, which do you guys think is the better cut/denim combo ...... Strike Gold 1109 / Flathead 2001 / Iron Heart 666 18oz

Here are my 3109, 666OD, and 2105's. I know you didn't ask for 2105's, but I love mine and think it's a great cut as the jump from the 5 cut vs. the 9 cut is a pretty big jump.

p1533547712-3.jpg

p1373033242-3.jpg

p1345717600-3.jpg

666OD

Want to get a pair of low rise slim fit. Only had APC PS before, want to move into higher tier stuff. Trying to decide between the Somet 008 or Skulls 5010.

Somet 008: I'm used low rise, around 9, but in my size (29) the Somet's rise will be 8.25. Too low? Also, there aren't that many fade pics of Somets, so its hard to judge whether dem fadez will be nice.

Skulls 5010: We all know that Skulls' reputation tanked after Self Edge dropped them, but people say that its fine, SE 'slander' etc. However, Skulls still have a reputation for having bad construction so idk. The fades on skulls are great though from what I've seen.

Comments? Or are there any other models from other brands that I've missed out? I looked at PBJ XX013 but the rise is abit too high for my liking.

Hey there, I'm looking for a pair of 14+oz jeans with a nice back pocket embo (got tired of my N&F's).

I really like nudie's thin finn fit and was wondering whether I should go for the Imperial Cattleman (really wish I went for the SEXI14) or AndeWhall Cobra (or mustang?).

Anybody have any experience/comments (pros/cons) of each pair? Any other recommendations would be welcomed as well,

Regards,

Hey there, I'm looking for a pair of 14+oz jeans with a nice back pocket embo (got tired of my N&F's).

I really like nudie's thin finn fit and was wondering whether I should go for the Imperial Cattleman (really wish I went for the SEXI14) or AndeWhall Cobra (or mustang?).

Based on pictures from the web, I'd say AndreWhall Mustang. The fabric on the Imperials would have to be pronominal to justify the $100+ SelfEdge price hike on another pair of Aussie denim.

Momo 0702 or 3sixteen shadow?

The other alternative is the N&F midnight denim, which apparently will be out in July. I'll be waiting either way. What do you guys think? I like the slim taper fit, I think 3sixteen's ST is good, how is that 0702 fit?

Momo

http://www.meadowweb.com/art/momotaro-jeans-0702.php

3Sixteen

http://www.3sixteen.com/collections/denim/products/st-120x-slim-leg-shadow-selvedge-denim

N&F, need to scroll down the blog a bit

http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.ca/

Edited by greySky7

First real raw jeans (well, almost, more of that later).

Brands I've been looking at: Rogue Territory, 3sixteen, APC, Naked&Famous, Tellason and Raleigh maybe

I have N&F Weird Guy Chinos in size 30, about 4-5 months of use and pretty much the perfect fit. Measurements can be found here and since the RT Stanton has pretty much the same measurements I thought it would fit the same.

I bought RT Stantons in size 30 but after two weeks of use they've stretched out far too much (extra material around waist/ass and top part of thighs, mid-thigh and downwards is ok, but would like a slimmer fit overall).

I'm looking to get either Stantons in size 28 or 29 (which one?) or some similar cut from 3sixteen.