THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I'm planning on backing this company's kickstarter but wanted to see if anyone else had opinions: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rpmwest/rpmwest-perfect-jeans-delivered

$95 bucks for 14.5oz pictures look real promising. I know they may not be as great as iron heart, flathead, etc. but they look pretty nice at an entry level. Just curious if anyone else backed them?

Nice concept but like everyone above, it's hard to differentiate it from the 10 other Kickstarter denim projects.  And RPMWEST sounds like they're trying to knock off 45rpm with that name. 

I'm wanting to sell my size 31 666s to get a pair of roomier beatle busters.  The thigh on those is just too tight.  I'm in between the 32 and 33 because I like the thigh measurement on the 33 but I've always gotten jeans in 31.  I don't want them to be too baggy, but the waist measurements on pair I like are at around 35".  My true waist (measured at the belly button correct?) is just below a 32.  Would the 33 be too baggy? or just stretch the 32's thighs out?

Alright been considering a couple options for my next denim purchase. I'm looking for a cut similar to the Flathead F380 (my current pair and I don't want to get the same pair b/c I want to try other denim brands), slim/straight.

I've been considering:

Samurai 0500 (slight taper but shouldn't be too big of a difference)

Eternal 811 (one wash)

Iron Heart 634S

Anyone have any other suggestions for pairs to check out or comments about the pairs I listed? Thank you!

^ Those are all solid choices for your next jeans. The Iron Heart Beatle Buster might be closer to the cut you're after if your other options are the 0500 and the 811. Either way, the 21oz denim is a real treat - super comfortable from the start and the fading would be markedly different from your TFH.

Hi all... Thinking of buying a pair of Dior MIJ raws 17.5cm. Below is the pic of the jeans used for 3 months, showing a little thinning around the crotch.

Do you think its worth $300, how long do you think will the crotch last?

JeansFront3_zpsf3854667.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by fullhouse

How would anyone know the answer to this question?

I think people who have experience using this pair of jeans would know the durability of the jeans. Of course, I am only looking for a general answer, say usage of three times a week or maybe daily usage of non-hardcore wear. I understand that there is no specific definite answer, but a general ballpark is fine. Why I ask this? My nudie has holes at the edge of the front pocket after 10 months of normal usage(3-4 days a week).

I apologize if my question is not clear.

If you don't know the answer to this, I would appreciate if you can answer my other question. :)

Wow. $300? Seriously? Please save your money.

Its about $260 after some negotiation. I believe retail price is $550.

Thanks for the response guys. 

Nobody knows the answer,
It has little to do with experience of that particular denim and more to do with how much wear has previously occurred in that area and nobody can know that from the photo.  Even if the denim is broken in in the crotch the fit on you may or may not cause the same friction in that area.  Your Nudies have holes after 10 months but that does not mean everyone's  Nudies will have holes on the pocket after 10 months. The Diors may go in the pocket before the crotch caused by your particular wear. There are so many variables it is impossible to know.

If you are happy paying $260 go for it.

Hi all... Thinking of buying a pair of Dior MIJ raws 17.5cm. Below is the pic of the jeans used for 3 months, showing a little thinning around the crotch.

Do you think its worth $300, how long do you think will the crotch last?

Thanks!

The MII ones only 80 bucks more than that brand new...save your pennies.

Edited by Sean9

Nobody knows the answer,

It has little to do with experience of that particular denim and more to do with how much wear has previously occurred in that area and nobody can know that from the photo. Even if the denim is broken in in the crotch the fit on you may or may not cause the same friction in that area. Your Nudies have holes after 10 months but that does not mean everyone's Nudies will have holes on the pocket after 10 months. The Diors may go in the pocket before the crotch caused by your particular wear. There are so many variables it is impossible to know.

If you are happy paying $260 go for it.

Yes indeed there are many factors affecting the wear.

Thanks.

The MII ones only 80 bucks more than that brand new...save your pennies.

Really? Do you mind linking me the site or shop? Checked Lvr but didnt see any 17.5 raw.

Thanks!

Edited by fullhouse

Hey guys, I'm looking for a little bit of guidance.

I'm looking into a new pair of jawnz and the three I've got in mind so far are:

SG 2015 or 2019, FH3009, and the Roy Buck-Tite.

Those are the four that appeal to me off the cuff but I'm looking for some more ideas and suggestions.

Sub 400 in price or so but willing to go a bit over that, and something with a little bit of a taper but I'm open to any type of cut honestly.

Just looking for a step up in quality and would love some feedback.

Thanks!

What are the most goth ninja april77s — joeys or dictators? And which model? For some reason i evaded jeans and wore only sweatpants...and now i'd like to experiment but dunno what jeans to cop...

Also how much i should downsize them?

Thanks.

Edited by imho_essno

Broark: The Flat Head 3009 is basically a straight tapered fit. The top block fits like a straight leg jean, but it tapers to a slim leg opening past the knee. The SG2109 looks like a similar fit (with a little smaller thigh) while the SG2105 is more of a slim straight fit, with a slimmer thigh and larger hem. The Buck-Tite is a slim tapered fit.

More specifically, what sort of fit are you looking for?

Kyle@TFH: I'm really open to almost any kind of cut, just not anything incredibly slim.

I have bigger thighs so I wanted something that's flattering in the top block and tapers down towards the hem.

And really I just want to move up in denim weight and overall quality, so TFH, SG and Roy came to mind right away.

That being said, I'm open to any brand! 

achineseguy, it looks like the BOM005 has a smaller hem than a 3002/SE05BSP in the same size. The denim will also fade a lot differently - I don't know how that Momotaro denim is going to change over time but as you probably know you can expect high contrast, vertical fading, and a rich blue/turquoise sort of color from FH denim.

Looking for some guidance:

I bought some sc47s sz 30 and had them tapered below the knee. Unfortunately they ended up still too tight in the waist (stretched to 32). Now I'm thinking about selling these and looking into other straight taper fits from japan. I was thinking about

Eternal 811 (sz 32) 

PBJ xx-003 (sz 31)

FH 3009/F380

SDA 103 (sz 33)

I'm really between Eternals and PBJ. How does the denim compare to FH or sugarcane? How much will these stretch in the waist? The postsoak waist on the above sizes will be like a ~31.

My true waist is 32-33, thigh measurement 21-22.

thanks!

Eternal and Flat Head both use a very dark unsanforized fabric with a vertical fading texture, and high contrast fades overall.  The PBJ denim will have a lighter color overall and have a different sort of texture from the Flat Head/Eternal vertical fade.  You'd probably need a 32 or 33 in Flat Heads, the waist runs a little small in 3009s/F380s and is hard to stretch past the presoak measurement. 

i'm looking to get a second pair of jeans, my first (ever) was 13.2oz and I'm looking at a pair of PBJ that are only 14oz. Is this enough of an upgrade for a second pair, or should i try and go even heavier?

I think 14oz sounds like really big step for a denim novice, the purchase should not be taken without due consideration. If i was you i would go for a 13.6oz first and work your way up to the 14oz.

The general rule of thumb is 1oz of denim weight per year so when you have 8 years under your belt you will be ready for the 21oz.

I think I've decided that I'd rather have a new pair of jeans as opposed to a couple shirts (it's summer anyway, who needs shirts?) I need to do more research on the sizing of whatever I decide on, as my past purchases have mostly crashed & burned in that department, but that's another post.

Right now I'm wearing my lot 10 710xx's, size 34. I love the fit and cut, and I really enjoy the heavier side of denim. I'm wanting something similar, but I'd like to check out some other brands on this purchase.

I've been looking at SG 2109, Skull 5010xx 6x6, FH 2001 & 3001, and several model from IH.

I've read that Skulls tend to stretch out a lot, which I don't want. I've also heard that their durability has gotten questionable over the last couple years, but maybe that's just talk, I dunno.

Opinions/feedback/suggestions much appreciated!

Edited by Rain Dogs