SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Anyone here ever ran a marathon with their jeans on? How was the experience?

I remember seeing a post on Styleforum where somebody did exactly that, but unfortunately I can't remember any details.

Here's what I've been wondering: who makes really high-quality US or Japanese sneakers akin to Visvim or Flat Head's Converse style ones, but in larger sizes? My foot size is US 11.5 / 29 cm, and most of the Japanese makers (well, none I know of) make them that big.

Edited by Cold Summer

Has anyone switched phones during while wearing their raws? I have a decent phone fade going on right now, but my phones going to shit and Im probably gonna have to switch to a totally different phone haha

Has anyone switched phones during while wearing their raws? I have a decent phone fade going on right now, but my phones going to shit and Im probably gonna have to switch to a totally different phone haha

From my experience after i switched out my old phone for a similar one that was slightly wider, the new fade was usually unnoticeable unless your new phone differs greatly in size then it might look a bit weird lol. If that would be a problem I would just suggest either holding your phone or keeping it in your back pocket like i do now.

Edited by twrmndd

Hi

1st post & a noob on denim,so be gentle

I am looking for some new Raw Indigo jeans,i have a pair of Uniqlo Selvege which were cheap (£35ish) & looking for something abit better.

I had sort of chose Hiut,but then i stumbled on here & saw makes like Albam.

I want a straight leg,what other makes should be on my list ?? Nudie?

Also price upto £130 approx

Cheers

At that price range you'd be looking at Albam, Edwin, APC etc, or possibly the Momotaro Japan Blue range. However, if you look for sales, deals on eBay, Supermarket, etc, then the door to the world of Japanese and US denim is open to you...

My samurai's that i bought off here have gained a crease down both sides of the legs... at first i thought i was just from the stiffness but now i have worn them enough they aren't stiff what soo ever but they still have this crease. What would be the easiest way to get rid of it? or do i just have to deal with it?

Those are probably drier lines, resulting from a tumble dry. Just soak your jeans and let them air dry, they should go away in time. That's what I did with my Flat Heads and now the creases are completely gone.

Of course, if there's already an actual fade, like on Darbir's jeans, there's nothing you can do about that.

yo denim bros, i recently incurred a serious crotch blow out on my beloved samurai 710's. ( :( )

does anyone know any good repair services? i just emailed BiG (where i purchased the jeans) but i was wondering if there are any other alternatives to consider. have any of you used BiG's repair services before? was it expensive/is there a cheaper or better alternative?

anyone have experience with:

http://www.schaeffersgarmenthotel.com/#!__page-3

or

http://denimtherapy.com/

Selfedge is also an option (but AFAIK they only do repairs in NY)

on their website selfedge says they are not accepting mail in repairs...i could mail them in to a friend in nyc and ask them to bring them in for me, but that seems like a bit of a hassle.

been lurkin for awhile on denim. i'm currently in NF regular indigos, and i'm looking for another pair to throw into my rotation. i live in arizona, so i want something that's lightweight for year-round weather, but is still durable. selvedge preferred. also, i'm not into really defined whiskurzz or anything, just want a nice pair of jawnz i can fade out nicely into a natural look. i've looked at:

-apc

-NF deep indigos

any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edited by zacharius

has anyone tried jeans from zara before? i'm looking at their waxed black denim and they only have a size 31 left, and that's sizing down from my true size so i was wondering if i would be fine if i went with that

chances are zara is vanity sized so you'll probably be fine

I live in arizona, so i want something that's lightweight for year-round weather, but is still durable. selvedge preferred. also, i'm not into really defined whiskurzz or anything, just want a nice pair of jawnz i can fade out nicely into a natural look. i've looked at:

-apc

-NF deep indigos

any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

If you're looking for light-weight jeans, most brands discussed here will be 14oz or heavier. For lighter weight, I think you may have to keep with NF, perhaps nudie, and I think sugarcane has light-weight styles on occasion, but those tend to be cut very differently from the other styles you've listed. If you're fine at 14oz, you can also look at studio d'artisan, pure blue japan, or perhaps the oni blue cut. The oni is a very loose weave material which I find to be good for warmer weather.

As for the fading, that will depend more on the frequency of washes. Don't wash for a year and you'll have sharper fades. Wash every month and you'll have a more vintage look. I found that oni didn't hold creases as strongly as jeans with a tighter weave, so they tend to look more vintage in my opinion. Check out their thread.

Edited by BlueOctoberFan

Posted (edited) · Hidden by jus schilling, June 2, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by jus schilling, June 2, 2012 - No reason given

x post from n&f thread.. skinny guy hemps.. not even a month in..

wow.. not even a month old.. rotated with another pair, so i dont know how much actual wear.. didnt see this coming.. (sorry for the crappy pic, my phones a burner)..

724132914_2585377039_0.jpeg?limitsize=345,345&outquality=56&ext=.jpg&border=2,0,0,0

any suggestions on how i should repair? this is really bullshit..

its just the stitching that came/is coming undone..

Edited by jus schilling

About to start a new pair of jeans and am deciding which wallet to use. I have a Last Crops Spanker and a Red Moon and am leaning towards my RM because the last couple of jeans I've used my LC, but it's kind of a pain to use the RM since it's pretty unkind to pants due to the snap so swapping wallets pretty regularly would be neccasary.

Edited by jonny

Looking to buy a new pair of jeans, I've worn the Evisu 2000 #1 for a bit but the hip flare and very staight cut isn't doing it for me. Looking for a similar fit but a little slimmer, slim-straight kinda fit. My real waist is 31.5-32'', have a sz 34 in Evisu. Any recommendations?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic