SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I think I'm a true 27-28. When I tried the size 25 NS they fit a bit too large, plus the stretch I definitely can't wear it. I tried 25 NC as well it fit just right, so plus stretch it's not possible to wear either.. I tried 28 skull 5010xx and they fit on the waist well, but I don't really like the fit on those.

I retract my Somet recommendation...they come in a 26, but are a few inches larger than tagged size, and don't shrink.

I would send an email to Gordon at Blue in Green and/or Kiya at Selfedge and see if they have any recommendations. My only other idea would be to get a women's model...not sure if you're down for that though (I also don't know your sex).

If they're Levi's, they're probably sanforized, so soaking won't do anything other than take some of the starch out if the stiffness is bothering you.

I have no experience with hemp denim, but I don't think you have to do anything different than with a normal pair of jeans. Wear & enjoy.

thanks gimmegimme, the stiffness doesnt really bother me... sometimes tho the texture of the hemp wefts do but its w/e

also, talking about sonforized, are most of uniqlos denim sanforized? i have a pair of raw non selvage stretch shoe cut denim, should i saok those b4 i put any good amount of wear in?

I know the term is extremely variable in definition...but how much "worse" are one-washes than getting a raw and doing a soak? I'd imagine industrial scale washing won't be as careful as soaking individually. I've found a pair of O/W that would be around $50 cheaper than the raw version, would it be worth it?

^ its not gonna make a difference to be honest. end product wont be effected. the indigo on most high-qual japanese denim is stubborn enough that you will have minimal indigo loss by one wash. alternatively, if you wash a pair of nudies or apc's, thats a different story. but if you one-wash apcs or nudies in the first place, then you're an idiot.

but yeah, hope that answers.

thanks gimmegimme, the stiffness doesnt really bother me... sometimes tho the texture of the hemp wefts do but its w/e

also, talking about sonforized, are most of uniqlos denim sanforized? i have a pair of raw non selvage stretch shoe cut denim, should i saok those b4 i put any good amount of wear in?

yes, uniqlo denim is sanforized. usually the only times you'll find unsanforized or shrink to fit denim is if you buy levis stf's, LVC's, various japanese "repro-esq" brands (eternal, sda, samurai, etc et etc).

Does anyone know a place that I can order selvage denim on line or someone that is a distributor of selvage denim fabric, preferably Japanese?

sourcing denim is actually a bit harder than imaginable. especially high quality selvage denim. dont quote me on this but i've heard if you contact various mills or textile companys and ask for a sample bolt of denim, they give you a very cheap rate for 1 single bolt. other than that, check ebay, ive seen some cone mill denim go up on there.

yes, uniqlo denim is sanforized. usually the only times you'll find unsanforized or shrink to fit denim is if you buy levis stf's, LVC's, various japanese "repro-esq" brands (eternal, sda, samurai, etc et etc).

thanks man appreciate the response, tried asking on hypebeast... this denim thread seems way better and alot nicer, ppl over there seem to be haters..

Where can i buy evisu 2000 no 1's handpainted gulls without using a proxy? ideally i want black or light blue gulls but that may be a bit hard to find....

If i have to use a proxy who's good, and cheap?

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/gmmstore/cabinet/evis/evisu-42-1.jpg?_ex=250x250&s=2&r=1

btw do these jeans look like the gulls are handpainted?

I have a pair of Corpus Rye skinny straight raw jeans. Are these things sanforised? I have been wearing these for about two months now and they are starting to look pretty good. Should I just keep wearing them? Should I soak them? They still fit pretty good but I guess they could be a little tighter. Doesn't seem like anyone wears this brand on here, but I got them for cheap and they are the ones without the stupid back pockets.

I really like those long wallets, but isn't it just asking to get mugged when you carry those? Or do all the people with long wallets live in small towns where there ain't such a thing as PT pickpockets?

That's why people attach them to their japanese jeans with super intricate leather straps. That way if the thief wants to steal your wallet they'll have to take your $300 jeans with them.

how would you compare Levi's 1947 501xx and Sugar Cane 1947? In terms of denim quality, fit, etc etc?

They're just different...

Levi's feels a little more shiny - and SC a tad softer..

Personally - I prefer the SC denim - but the Levi's is worth the money as well...

That's why people attach them to their japanese jeans with super intricate leather straps. That way if the thief wants to steal your wallet they'll have to take your $300 jeans with them.

That won't do much. They just take the wallet out of your backpocket, take your money and put it back like that. It happens to tourists all the time. Also, a leather strap can be cut pretty easily I think.

hi guys

im about to get some april77 jeans

and ive been checking the threads and researched ( I really did )

but seems nobody really have the answer im looking for

so here it goes again:

im true size 32

should i go down one size on joey overdrive indigo?

how about joey colordrive black and joey thunder black?

please help me april77 experts!!

thats my cheapmonday sz32

dsc06073to7.jpg

dsc06074pa1.jpg

I need recommendations for jeans that fit like Acne Max Blackness, possibly with somewhat slimmer thighs and a somewhat higher rise. Blues, raw. I'm looking at Momotaro slims but haven't decided on anything yet. I used to wear skulls 5010xx sized down 2 but the waist/top block was a bit tight even after stretch.

Thanks a bunch!!

Hi,

I am new here, and thought this would be a good place to get advise on new jeans. I'm a tall slim person (about 195cm and 80kg) looking for jeans that will suit my body type. I'm 23, in Melbourne Australia, budget of $300 max, would prefer to spend less (ie, brand doesn't worry me so much, as long as they fit well/look good)

Cheers

Hi,

I am new here, and thought this would be a good place to get advise on new jeans. I'm a tall slim person (about 195cm and 80kg) looking for jeans that will suit my body type. I'm 23, in Melbourne Australia, budget of $300 max, would prefer to spend less (ie, brand doesn't worry me so much, as long as they fit well/look good)

Cheers

Check out Imperial...pricing will be better because its made locally.

http://www.imperial.st/

Hi,

I've recently got introduced into the denim and was wondering about people's opinions about ebay. Avoid at all costs, or just be very cautious? I'm aware that there are a lot of fakes out there on ebay, so I'm quite hesitant to buy off of ebay.

The more general question I wanted to ask is: when looking out for fakes what type of stuff should I be looking for when shopping online? There aren't too many threads that I've found about this topic, but there were a few. However, I'm looking to learn more.

For example:

http://myworld.ebay.com/fdm1979/

Several jeans at a price too good to be true. I'm suspicious right away, but what different elements of the jeans should I be spotting to verify that these are fakes for sure (if they aren't, then I'm quite surprised, given the prices)

EDIT: There's only about 4 hours left in all the denim auctions from the time I've posted this...but I'm sure you could find other examples

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic