SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I know this may be like comparing apples to oranges, but if I'm a 32 waist in these Gap khakis (http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=11889&pid=493610) would a 31 waist be appropriate in these Nudie Grim Tim Black Selvedge (http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=NUDI-MJ45&c=Nudie+Jeans&d=b)?

Also, would a 30 in APC New Standards fit?

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Looking for some advice on my next pair of jeans. I am liking the fit of APC New Standards (what I always wear) but possibly a slimmer leg and definitely still tapered. I've been looking into Samurai and Flat Head (F-380 and 3001). If anyone has suggestions for a good pick and sizing recommendations, I am a 31 in APC NS and the denim is fairly tight around my thigh region, so nothing too slim.

If you're looking for the F310/3001 and don't want to go too slim, i'd look into getting a size 33 in the 3001.

On month three with my Skulls... and I've only hot soaked them once. They're starting to stink. It's not horrible, but it's starting to feel dirty wearing them.

When people are using detergents like Dr. Bronners, is this during a hot soak or an actual machine wash? I don't plan on machine washing my Skulls until the 6th month mark, but I definitely need to soak these and get rid of the smell.

Is it suggested to turn on the denim inside out when hot soaking? Also, I know many people put on the denim while its still wet. What are the benefits to this? Lastly, anyone know where I can pick up Dr. Bronners or any type of organic soap in the SF area? (Preferably the name of a store in the Westfield mall). Thanks!

I read the as many posts as I could on shrinking but I still didn't understand a few things:

1) Is a hot soak or a cold soak better for getting APC NS down a size or two?

2) Will a soak after just two months of wear affect the final product?

3) Will there be a huge difference between a 1 hr soak and a 4 hr soak?

+rep to whoever helps me out

Looking for some advice on my next pair of jeans. I am liking the fit of APC New Standards (what I always wear) but possibly a slimmer leg and definitely still tapered. I've been looking into Samurai and Flat Head (F-380 and 3001). If anyone has suggestions for a good pick and sizing recommendations, I am a 31 in APC NS and the denim is fairly tight around my thigh region, so nothing too slim.

ive always been interested with samurai's so id say samurai than flatheads..

I read the as many posts as I could on shrinking but I still didn't understand a few things:

1) Is a hot soak or a cold soak better for getting APC NS down a size or two?

Hot soak - but they are sanforized (pre-shrunk) so don´t expect more than half an inch

2) Will a soak after just two months of wear affect the final product?

No

3) Will there be a huge difference between a 1 hr soak and a 4 hr soak?

Not really....the longer you leave them in the water the more starch you loose...not familiar with the amount of starch that´s left in a sanforized product...

:D

Not sure if this is appropriate thread but no doubt i'll soon be told if it isn't.

LVC 1947 501 36x36 after an initial 40degree wash do they shrink to 34x34??

I know websites etc say they do but often they are inaccurate.

Personal experiences??

I'm a size 28 in APC NS. The fit on them is amazing but I'm ready to take the next step to a really small leg opening. I like the fit of the NS's from the knee up to the waist. I want a really small leg opening (6 or 6.5 inches). What brand would you recommend? So far, I've considered Skull and Dior. I thought about APC NC but I really want the selvage line and I want a longer inseam than a 34. Thanks.

Not sure if this is appropriate thread but no doubt i'll soon be told if it isn't.

LVC 1947 501 36x36 after an initial 40degree wash do they shrink to 34x34??

I know websites etc say they do but often they are inaccurate.

Personal experiences??

^Well I washed em in a 40degree wash to get all the shrinkage out. The waist is fine but the length has shrunk to nearly 32inches making them almost unwearable....looks like they could be going on the market!!

Sorry for the noob questions!

I have Nudie Grim Tim Dry Black Selvage

They have 1 month wear right now. No fades yet (as expected).

But I'm thinking of doing a cold soak

Would it cause them to:

shrink? I dont think I want them to be shorter. (I have a small fold up though)

lose a lot of shine?

lose a lot of color?

lose stiffness?

fade faster?

fade less? (I hope not)

They don't smell or anything. I just feel like experimenting.

Also I could use a quick guide on how to do a cold soak. Im thinking of putting them in cold water for about 30 mins. Do you have any better cold soak recipe?

Any answers are very appreciated!

soaking sanforized denim wont make them shrink much@all. black denim is hard to fade, so if they really dont need the water, leave it off, since it seems you want to fade in the shortest possible time. lots of wear along with ''only neccessary'' washing seems to be your best bet, especially if you want your creases to set...

Somebody posted a link a Japanese while back to a site that was taking preorders for some of the upcoming Samurai models, like the 710BK's. I'm pretty sure the name of the site stared with an S. I know that's not much to go on, but does anyone know which site I'm thinking of?

these?

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/d-stock/540681/579541/

My chest with just a t shirt on measures 36 inches... for a Buzz Rickson MA-1 size 38 or 40?

I have tried on a size 36 but the shoulders were too small. I am leaning toward the 40. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

I'd say a size Small, here are the measurements (the MA-1 and L2-B run the same):

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=230

I'm a size 28 in APC NS. The fit on them is amazing but I'm ready to take the next step to a really small leg opening. I like the fit of the NS's from the knee up to the waist. I want a really small leg opening (6 or 6.5 inches). What brand would you recommend? So far, I've considered Skull and Dior. I thought about APC NC but I really want the selvage line and I want a longer inseam than a 34. Thanks.

somet 008 only one that comes to mind right now

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic