SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Is it possible to stretch out the waist of jeans....I just bought a pir of Levis x Alife 501xx and they are a bit tight...I dont want to sell them so how do i stretch the...if at all possible

Spray or dip the waist band in water. Wear it out till they stretch. If it's tight all over, soak the whole jeans in water, wear them till it dries.

looking for raw jeans made from japanese denim (doesn't have to be selvedge) that are as narrow, or narrower than dior mij 19cms and 100% cotton. only pair I know of is the somet slims, any other recommendations?

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=262

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=239

As you can see, the Buzz Rickon's have a boxy-like cut...

2l1380.jpg

...as does this Sony. Note the Sony's colour depth.

2qwpzis.jpg

As requested, honeycombs are also shapely...notice how they out-shine the others?

fodpmt.jpg

I don't know this "chainstitch" you speak of...but here's a chain! Imagine stitching with that bad boy!

scceok.jpg

Here are the lovely Hamburg Varsity Cheerleaders...go team! Woo!

14tn7kh.jpg

thanks for the suggestions, I bought a pair of sexi04 but they weren't quite what I was hoping for, hence why they are been sold.

any other options for dior 19cm cut or slimmer jeans made from japanese denim?

thanks for the suggestions, I bought a pair of sexi04 but they weren't quite what I was hoping for, hence why they are been sold.

I guess the link in your signature could have tipped me off. :o

Anyway, why not get MIJ 19cm's?

Its tricky to find them that tight...but Skull probably makes a pair (look at the lady's models too). Maybe Pure Blue Japan 005's? They're not quite as slim, but maybe if you size down a few. I'd suggest looking at the measurement charts on BiG & SE's websites and see which fit the bill.

I guess the link in your signature could have tipped me off. :o

Anyway, why not get MIJ 19cm's?

Its tricky to find them that tight...but Skull probably makes a pair (look at the lady's models too). Maybe Pure Blue Japan 005's? They're not quite as slim, but maybe if you size down a few. I'd suggest looking at the measurement charts on BiG & SE's websites and see which fit the bill.

I already own an indigo pair of MIJ 19cms, may get a black pair soon too. Also have a pair of skulls 5010xx 6x6, which are more of a slim straight.

I guess my choices are fairly limited when it comes to slim/skinnier cuts made from 100% cotton japanese denim. the new dry bones cut that is coming out soonish from selfedge might be of interested but thats about it i think.

thanks for your help gimmegimme

I think you should get the sexsc. Theyre really slim, the hem is 7inches on my size 30. The fit is spot on and the denim is sugarcane. Exactly what you are looking for...

How do i measure for levis 1947 jeans ? Levis recommend going up 2 inches in the waist. My waist measures 31" at the slimmest part of my torso but where my jeans sit on my hips it measures 33" so which measurement do i go up from ? I'm assuming i should buy 32 , 33 or 34 but not sure which :confused:

Ok so I got this pair of jeans that I bought back in june. I haven't worn those more than 3 days a week and most of the time not more than 5-6 hours a day. Now they've come to the point that they're bagged out pretty ugly and they smell a little; just when you smell really good or when they're damp from the rain. They haven't got that much wear yet, though. Is it wise to wash these jeans? Or would I be better of soaking them? And would a soak effect the color of the jeans? Or would this be less notacible than when they're washed?

How do i measure for levis 1947 jeans ? Levis recommend going up 2 inches in the waist. My waist measures 31" at the slimmest part of my torso but where my jeans sit on my hips it measures 33" so which measurement do i go up from ? I'm assuming i should buy 32 , 33 or 34 but not sure which :confused:

Assuming you don't want to wear them at the slimmest part of your Torso - get a 32....

Ok so I got this pair of jeans that I bought back in june. I haven't worn those more than 3 days a week and most of the time not more than 5-6 hours a day. Now they've come to the point that they're bagged out pretty ugly and they smell a little; just when you smell really good or when they're damp from the rain. They haven't got that much wear yet, though. Is it wise to wash these jeans? Or would I be better of soaking them? And would a soak effect the color of the jeans? Or would this be less notacible than when they're washed?

What jeans are they? If they're like samurais or flat head or any kind of japanese denim, you are safe with washing them.

Anyone know about custom jackets in NYC?

I really like a lot of Buzz Rickson stuff and the Iron Heart jackets but they are a bit short on my body (I am tall) so I am starting to look into custom stuff.

Basically any material would be fine as long as it's high quality- leather, wool, denim, canvas even.

Thanks a lot.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic