SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Can anyone recommend me some decent quality denim that is not raw or selvedge. Also some nice fitting&quality chinos? To further assist me, N&F weird guys are my favorable fit of pants.

Maybe you should have look at orSlow jeans. Their 2 year ones look amazing.They do some good chinos as well 

Max I totally agree, however the request was NOT raw and NOT selvedge.

Who am I to question?

Up until very recently - and for the last ten or so years - all my denim has been designer In various forms. I have tried all the brands I mentioned above and many more. Of all of the not raw not selvedge designer denim I owned the PRPS stood out (for me personally) as some of the best fitting and having interesting detail.

That is why I suggested it, not because I thought it was better but because I thought that was what was being asked.

To be honest I fully expected to be negged to shit, but I'd rather attempt to be helpful than keep quiet because I was scared of a red square....!

One lives and learns :-)

Just bought some RRL's and i need to get them hemmed and tapered a bit without loosing my selvedge on em. I live in Staten Island, so the commute to manhattan really blows(traffic). SI and Brooklyn is the farthest i'd want to go. Any suggestion's? if all fails and the LES is my only option, then so be it. the last denim tailor thread was very outdated (2008) so i guess this is a refresher lol

Hi!

I have more and more interest for fuller cuts, and short story ; I just discovered today that Sugarcanes Hawaii and Okinawa are available in small sizes. 

I'm skinny and I've only wore slim jeans so far (Size 27 in SExI14 and PBJ NC-011) and I have no idea of how to size those jeans, or even if it can works with my morphology ... If someone can teach me on this, I'd be super grateful!  ;)

Can anyone recommend me some decent quality denim that is not raw or selvedge. Also some nice fitting&quality chinos? To further assist me, N&F weird guys are my favorable fit of pants.

WeSC makes some really cool chinos and non raw/selvedge denim. I have the Alessandro HF rinse and a few pairs of the Eddy chinos and love em all.

Hi!

I have more and more interest for fuller cuts, and short story ; I just discovered today that Sugarcanes Hawaii and Okinawa are available in small sizes. 

I'm skinny and I've only wore slim jeans so far (Size 27 in SExI14 and PBJ NC-011) and I have no idea of how to size those jeans, or even if it can works with my morphology ... If someone can teach me on this, I'd be super grateful!  ;)

Sizing works the same on other cuts - choose your best fitting pair and compare the measurements to the pair you want to buy. You can neglect the thigh measurements, as you are skinny. Wether full cuts will suit your build is up for you to decide. I personally think that skinny guys look great in cuts like the S5000 or IH 634, that tend to run very roomy in bigger sizes, but somehow look just right on slim guys.

I also need roomy thighs and the 555 has almost identical thighs to the 634, but slims down drastically. It works well on larger built guys who want a slim fit, IMO. The 634 is a straight cut without much taper (if at all).

Edited by Max Power

Sizing works the same on other cuts - choose your best fitting pair and compare the measurements to the pair you want to buy. You can neglect the thigh measurements, as you are skinny. Wether full cuts will suit your build is up for you to decide. I personally think that skinny guys look great in cuts like the S5000 or IH 634, that tend to run very roomy in bigger sizes, but somehow look just right on slim guys.

Thank you for your answer!

I guess I'll try to find a place that carries  some jeans and see in real life how it fits since measurements leave me a bit clueless  :D

I also need roomy thighs and the 555 has almost identical thighs to the 634, but slims down drastically. It works well on larger built guys who want a slim fit, IMO. The 634 is a straight cut without much taper (if at all).

Okay i need to do some measuring then. I'm not really a big guy, except for thighs. I get those from way too many hours at the squat racket (and genetics i suppose). My nudie sharp bengt in w31 fits me pretty well, but I guess that's partly due to the low rise.

As for reference, my indigofera jeans have the rise I'm looking for, and they measure 12" at thigh. They are really the smallest I could ever go. I'm seriously considering stop working out due to this.

Edited by johanhej

Got a pair of Diors Made in Italy, however they've been tailored to 32x34. They're 19cm but fit really baggy and I don't really like it.

Can a tailor make them into a skinny fit from a straight leg? I have another pair that is 31x36 and is much nicer, I guess it's because it's longer and sized-down so I'm not really worried about those jeans getting ruined but I also think if done properly it'd look very nice.

So is it possible? Will it look ok? I'd want the leg to go from 19cm to around 16cm, maybe even less.

It is possible but you need a skilled tailor and one that knows the way the denim is gonna behave(leg twist etc). I don't know where you live but the tailor has a good two hours of work on this . Also 16 cm is really small .. You should have it measured first by the tailor to see if it's possible  Think the easier route is sell these  and get a pair that fits the way you like it from the start. 

I need 12" thighs as well - don't know your waist size, but with a 34 you will be able to fit the 555 if you don't have too muscular calves.

I ended up getting a pair of sl-220x from 3sixteen in w32. Hoping they will stretch some in thigh area. They are really nice though.

Looking for some nicely executed belt buckles for a 1.5" belt. Something similar to the only on IHB-02 would be cool.

ihb-02.jpg

Any advice on sites offering some nice belt buckles? Ebay is an option, but searching is just a mess. I imagine quality varies alot too.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic