SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Welp, about a month later and I finally get an invoice from Klax-On to use paypal.  Ordered it but I would say avoid Klax-on if you can get the same thing from another shop...  :wacko:

Sorry to hear it man.  I've ordered from at least a dozen different Rakuten stores including Klax-On.  I had absolutely no problem with them.  They were very prompt.  Most places ship either the same day I order or within 24 hours. 

I can only think of 1 time when a Rakuten store was slow and that was Bears.  They took about 10 days to notify me that my order had shipped. 

I would just chalk up your experience with Klax-On as a one-off problem. 

My biggest gripe about Rakuten is that some stores charge you Japanese sales tax (5%) which they technically shouldn't charge for international orders.  I called out one store about it (OT&Emotional) and they said they considered it a "handling fee" and could cancel my order if I preferred.  My recommendation is to seek out stores that break out the "with" and "without" tax prices.  Those tend not to charge the Japanese sales tax on international orders.

Hope you have a better experience next time

Edited by schmallo15

Hello everyone!

I can not really decide how to wash my Edwin ED-49. I bought them a year ago and have been alternating them with another pair of jeans.

They have started to smell a bit according to my wife. So I guess it is time for their first wash.

But I can not really decide how to wash them.

Hand wash or machine wash (30,40 or 60 degrees) or should I keep at it longer without any wash to get even more pronounced fades?

Any suggestions?

The jeans can be found in the Edwin thread for those of you who are interested in how they look.

BR / Niz

thought i'd give this thread a try - i'm after a pair of light indigo jeans, think nice slightly pale vintage indigo rather than your standard dark indigo.. can any one point me in a direction..?

Absolutely wash your jeans! When they smell or get a greasy finish it is time to wash!

Turn them inside out and do a short cycle 30 °C wash using any natural vegetable soap*. Avoid any kind of detergent. Take them out before the spin cycle. Hang dry. Simple isn't it.

If you're that bothered, use the bath. Soak and agitate. Up to you, but frankly if you have a machine, use it. I threw two pairs though my machine this weekend and actually the results were better than when I hand wash. I even went wild with 40 °C. I used Dr Bronners peppermint. It was pretty good actually.

* you can read through here for product recommendations : http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/11346-detergent/

Honestly, washed jeans are just so much nicer.

I did just this!

Took them out just before the spin cycle. They are dripping blue water atm.

But it looks as if the blue colour has spread to my fades. Where they where almost white before they are now blueish.

It looks as if the fades are less pronounced now.

They are still wet. But I am a bit disappointed :)

I guess I have to wait and see.

Still not dry this morning when I went to work. They had lightened up a bit. But they were still quite dark. I guess I will have to wait and see.

I will post some pictures of how they look later on.

Hi Guys

Long time lurker and I'm able to post for the second time, so please go easy on me if this is the wrong thread.

I would like to know if there are any good proxies you could recommend, as I'd like to purchase a sweat from Japan - pls. don't suggest Sutocorp.(See Japan Proxy Service for Reference)

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Hi B_F thanks for your input - I'm aware that The Bandanna Almanac does proxy, but as I'm a newbie I don't know if it was okay to ask!

Don't get me wrong SutoCorp were very professional until they forgot to put the correct under- value price on my purchase - and they won't except their mistake, so for that reason I don't want to give them my money...

Hi B_F thanks for your input - I'm aware that The Bandanna Almanac does proxy, but as I'm a newbie I don't know if it was okay to ask!

Don't get me wrong SutoCorp were very professional until they forgot to put the correct under- value price on my purchase - and they won't except their mistake, so for that reason I don't want to give them my money...

I wholeheartedly recommend Tenso.  They ship super quick after they receive the package, I've never been hit with customs, and the entire site feels very welcoming and english-friendly.  They're also cheap as hell.

I'm not sure about the buying service fee, but it is very simple.  I have an account and simply tell rakuten to ship items to my tenso address (tenso provides you with one and instructions on how to provide it.)  After it gets there, Tenso sends you an email, you pay, and its shipped.  For me It's essentially always under 2000 yen including everything (service fee + shipping fee), a very good deal.

Edited by itsbenhere

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic