SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I've searched and searched, but can't seem to find a thread dedicated to Levi's identification (other than LVC).

I have a pair of dead stock 501s I bought off of eBay that I think were made in the 80s, but I'd like to confirm that.

Anyone point me to the appropriate thread?

Unless someone wants to answer the question here.....

The numbers on the white wash tag are:

552 088 20747-4

and

799C 25

The reason I want to identify these is that they fit me perfectly and hope to find more of them on eBay.

Hi guys, I haven't been on here for years and years, so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I have a pair of 1947s that are on their last legs. I've had them for years - they're from back when Sugar Cane was still putting the Levis-looking tags and logo on everything.

I'm thinking of buying a new pair (despite the fact that prices have gone up about 50% since I first purchased them) and was wondering if the quality is still as good as it used to be.

1947's are some of the best in history.. When talking quality, there are a lot of factors that you can take into account. (denim, thread, leather patch, finishing)

The interesting thing about the older jeans is that the production lines were more hands on than they are now for mass market product. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of companies out there doing it the proper way. There are little differences in the stitching and construction methods that make the old jeans more interesting.. But the new ones are fairly similar.. On the bright side, they use stronger thread than they did, and their finishing is more consistent than it ever was. It's hard to find a stitching defect nowadays, whereas back then each piece was special in their own way because of those little stitching defects..

I wouldn't worry about the quality too much on the newer reissues of your favorites.. You'll never have the exact same 1947's but you'll have something close..

Hope this helps!!!

Hey people, denim newbie here.

I live in Peru and bought a Levi's Gray/Silver trucker jacket. It was quite rigid so I googled a bit and found out that it may be "raw denim", so I ended up here. Doing a bit of research, I read that it is supposedly made of the same Denim that comes with the 501 STF Levi's, but I can never be sure since that model does not come to Peru.

It is exactly the same in every aspect as this:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1dbd3e58

except for the neck part.

It is made in Mexico, too. Now I've been wearing it for about 1-2 weeks and I have not washed or done anything to it. It has become softer, but not THAT much. It's still heavy.

I don't know if it's sanforized or not (and the guy at the Levi's store does not know either), so I don't know if it will shrink or if I should soak it or whatever. I'm a total newbie here and I want to get a good "denim experience". It is not a "slim" fit, but I'd wish it being a bit tighter. Should I soak it, then?

Any help on how should I wear, info about the jacket, pics or whatever is much appreciated. I also think the model went out in the market on 2011 (but we still get it on 2012 in third world countries ;) )

Greetings.

Edit: The label says to wash the other way around and with cold water (i'm hoping it shrinks a bit). What should I do, then?

Edited by eskuAdradit0

What's up all? Did some research and picked up my first pair of raws today. N&F Indigo Selvedge in Weird Guy, size 30. Thoughts on fit? Think I should get them hemmed or leave them cuffed and stacked?

qMAt6.jpg

KDepW.jpg

1mZjR.jpg

Also, I'm looking to get a pair of Elephant 2s. Should I get them in 30 or 31?

What's up all? Did some research and picked up my first pair of raws today. N&F Indigo Selvedge in Weird Guy, size 30. Thoughts on fit? Think I should get them hemmed or leave them cuffed and stacked?

qMAt6.jpg

KDepW.jpg

1mZjR.jpg

I really like the fit on those! Just bought me my first pair of N&F (Skinny Guy Dirty Fade). I like the alot!

I'd go up a size or two until that stretching around you're upper thigh in the back goes away. I like your door knob.

I have trouble measuring my size, I have followed Ironhearts guide but the thing is that I end up with a 35 waist when most of my denim I own right now is around 30 some even 28 but that is stretchy jeans like cheap mondays and Nudie think finns. Even my new Edwins are 29 but they are a bit on the tight side and should had been 30. Have I stretched all my old jeans 4+ inches???

I think I might end up with a size 31 or so through experience but when trying to measure my actual size I end up with much larger sizes, I'm using google cm to inch converter. This is causing me some confusion.

I just measured my wait 93-94cm which according to google is 36 inches which is way more than anything I have ever worn I mean some of the stuff I wear regularly are 28 inches sure they are stretchy jeans but still??? I must be doing something wrong

Edited by FrisseFrasse

the answer is "vanity sizing". most of the brands you mentioned are actually bigger than their tag size..so you feel slimmer than you are really are :P

:ohmy: I have been tricked for so long!!!

so basically I'm 180cm tall and weigh 80kg which I guess is fairly normal I'm fairly trained as I'm playing fieldhockey at high level so a 35-36 inch waist is not uncommon?

Um... I'm doing a homework assignment for my Popular Culture class.. I need 10 of you to participate, and need photos of you and your jeans+quote from you(maybe explain why you like raw denim, why you chose the pair your wearing, etc.)

I will be using your photos on the homework assignment(with your consent of course), will only need a fit pic. Don't worry, only my class of 25 people will see this.

Edited by midnite9

Hello,

Although I've been a member at sufu for quite some time now, I don't really use it. But I thought, what the hell, let's see what you guys have to say.

I'm looking for a new pair of raw denim, preferably from a Japanese brand.

I will be in Japan this December so I'm planning to buy it over there. I've been there a few times already and in Tokyo I know stores like America-ya, Hinoya, Bears', the 2 Momo stores, PBJ store, the Evisu stores, Junky and some small denim boutique's in and around Daikanyama and Ebisu (anything new (or something I missed) I should check out?) On the other hand, I'm not really familiar with ones in Osaka and Nagoya, so, any advice on stores I should visit there?

I own a momo 0705 and a PBJ XX-007 and I'm looking for a more relaxed fit this time, not baggy or anything, just a little bit more relaxed, especially in the crotch area (haha). For example, I really like the fit from this one (Denime).

5199114152_fd3416242b.jpg

What could it be? The 66? the XX? Anyway, if anyone knows, let me know.

Or if you guys know another one I should check out, please...

Preferably no decorative stitching on the back pockets and no red or dark-red selvedge.

Thanks in advance!

I've searched and searched, but can't seem to find a thread dedicated to Levi's identification (other than LVC).

I have a pair of dead stock 501s I bought off of eBay that I think were made in the 80s, but I'd like to confirm that.

Anyone point me to the appropriate thread?

Unless someone wants to answer the question here.....

The numbers on the white wash tag are:

552 088 20747-4

and

799C 25

The reason I want to identify these is that they fit me perfectly and hope to find more of them on eBay.

Bueller......... Bueller......

Did I stump the denim experts?

Hey people, denim newbie here.

I live in Peru and bought a Levi's Gray/Silver trucker jacket. It was quite rigid so I googled a bit and found out that it may be "raw denim", so I ended up here. Doing a bit of research, I read that it is supposedly made of the same Denim that comes with the 501 STF Levi's, but I can never be sure since that model does not come to Peru.

It is exactly the same in every aspect as this:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1dbd3e58

except for the neck part.

It is made in Mexico, too. Now I've been wearing it for about 1-2 weeks and I have not washed or done anything to it. It has become softer, but not THAT much. It's still heavy.

I don't know if it's sanforized or not (and the guy at the Levi's store does not know either), so I don't know if it will shrink or if I should soak it or whatever. I'm a total newbie here and I want to get a good "denim experience". It is not a "slim" fit, but I'd wish it being a bit tighter. Should I soak it, then?

Any help on how should I wear, info about the jacket, pics or whatever is much appreciated. I also think the model went out in the market on 2011 (but we still get it on 2012 in third world countries ;) )

Greetings.

Edit: The label says to wash the other way around and with cold water (i'm hoping it shrinks a bit). What should I do, then?

Just quoting myself in case anybody has an answer.

I hope it's not an issue.

You rep posts that you like/agree with and you neg the ones you don't.

You can only rep a person once a while and gotta spread means you have to rep more other people before you can rep them again because you're out of reps.

Sufu however reps posts instead of the person so I dont think you can run out of reps

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic