SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

so wet them with cold water and wear them damp correct?

it will be way more comfortable if you use warm water or shower with them on. if you use cold water or let them get cold after the soak it will be very unpleasant when you put them on. putting on cold wet jeans is really unsavory. I would shower with them on and then blot them up a little bit with a towel then hang with em till theyre dry

Hi, I just finished my first pair of denim (nudie even steven) and im looking for a new pair similar to this fit nudies_bb_01.jpg i like the small leg opening and the fit...The thing is i dont want another pair of nudies i want to try a new pair...anyone have any suggestions got around 300 to spend..

i think it has somethign to do with getting rid of the starch in the jeans and to shrink them a bit if you want/need that.

for example if you buy a pair of Levi's STF you would want to soak them, because then the inseam will go from 38 to ...say 34

Instead of being a dick about it why not help them at the same time? redX you are completely wrong. The usual reason for soaking is because the denim is unsanforized (untreated with the sanforizing process that minimizes shrinkage) When soaked the denim will shrink greatly. However some people still soak sanforized jeans for various reasons namely being to loosen the indigo in the threads and to get any last bit of possible shrinking out.

yeah i guess i am "teh newb" and it's true, during the last couple of weeks i've been lurking and trying to memorize as much info as possible, so of course some of it gets jumbled... sorry bout that

and thanks for clearing up the question at hand, I definately won't get it wrong a second time :)

Gonna see if someone would be able to identify some jeans based on a description..

I saw this wearing Levi repros I believe. It had a red tab (with i think the trademark R), the arcs were pulled in a little so it came down to a square rather than the diamond, and the patch said TWJS & Co.

Any ideas? Just looking for a brand, not a certain model or anything.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic