SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

What exactly does RINSE JEANS mean? Does it mean that they are pre-soaked before buying so I don't have to soak them?

2 jeans I'm interested in that use this phrase:

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/MensBrowse/Men_Shop_By_Category/denim/vintageslim/PRDOVR~13639/99101694081/13639.jsp

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/MensBrowse/Men_Shop_By_Category/denim/vintageslim/PRDOVR~13639/99101694081/13639.jsp

should i soak my jeans in the tub inside out?

or should i just throw them in the washer

If they're unsanforized, just throw them in a hot wash.

A soak won't get out all the shrinkage, and on your first wash you may find yourself with a fit you don't like.

If you wash em, get the shrinkage out, and they've shrunk too much, you can at least sell em as brand new 'one wash' and go up a size. This rather than having too-tight 6month old jeans that you might not wear much, and have less resale value.

I'm thinking of getting a new pair of jeans, slim-straight. I want really good quality denim, selvedge preferably and good fading. I'm 5'8 and 130lbs and generally really skinny. I was thinking of Skulls 5010xx or The Flat Head F310 but don't know if I want to spend THAT much money. What other options are there for the same kind of fit, that are still good.

I'm looking for this kind of fit :

28802237799fc1e3e688.jpg

img0658grx.jpg

33244972506c36a2243c.jpg

img3785.jpg

If I spray cologne on the inside of a chambray denim (in moisture-prone areas), would it would do anything besides making it smell better? Doesn't the alcohol in it kill bacteria?

I want to hold out on a wash since it's not really that dirty. I can't seem to find anti-bacterial fabreeze, so I figured this may do the trick.

I'm thinking of getting a new pair of jeans, slim-straight. I want really good quality denim, selvedge preferably and good fading. I'm 5'8 and 130lbs and generally really skinny. I was thinking of Skulls 5010xx or The Flat Head F310 but don't know if I want to spend THAT much money. What other options are there for the same kind of fit, that are still good.

The APC New Standards seem to fit the bill, they're probably half the price of The Flat Heads that you're looking in to and they definitely have good fading qualities. Depending on how you size down they can be quite slimming, straight fit, or baggy. Overall they're a very versatile pair of jeans and I strongly suggest you look into them!

If I spray cologne on the inside of a chambray denim (in moisture-prone areas), would it would do anything besides making it smell better? Doesn't the alcohol in it kill bacteria?

I want to hold out on a wash since it's not really that dirty. I can't seem to find anti-bacterial fabreeze, so I figured this may do the trick.

the alcohol may end up causing slight staining. the best thing to do if you dont want to soak them is it put them in the freezer overnight and take them out the next day. the freezer will kill off all the bacteria, and kill off any smell.

Warehouse Dubbleworks 660 from BiG: size down 3 or 4 from true waist? trying to decide between sz 32 and 33.

32 is 36" raw, 33 is 37" raw. Expecting 2" shrinkage after hot soak/dry.

I am a true 36" waist trending down a little. So i guess the question is: will I get 2" of stretching out of these after hot soak/dry?

I should be a 33 in APC NS, though I'm wearing 34 that are too loose now.

Hey all, so I'm probably going to be getting a pair of New Standards soon. They will be my first real pair of raw denim and I'm wary of the sizing. I usually wear a 30 waist with a 30-32 inseam and I would love to get these to fit similar to my 514s. I kinda hate stacking or cuffs that are too wide so I guess I'll have to get them hemmed, right? I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice on sizing and how much it might cost to get them hemmed? Any recommendations on a place in NYC would be appreciated as well, as long as its not too pricey.

Hey all, so I'm probably going to be getting a pair of New Standards soon. They will be my first real pair of raw denim and I'm wary of the sizing. I usually wear a 30 waist with a 30-32 inseam and I would love to get these to fit similar to my 514s. I kinda hate stacking or cuffs that are too wide so I guess I'll have to get them hemmed, right? I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice on sizing and how much it might cost to get them hemmed? Any recommendations on a place in NYC would be appreciated as well, as long as its not too pricey.

after soaking, should you usually put the jeans on a towel till it stops dripping or can you air dry it immediately after? i've heard it may become streaky if you air dry them right after soaking...

no joke, i bought a sham wow and it practically dries my jawnz after a soak when i just roll them up.

after soaking, should you usually put the jeans on a towel till it stops dripping or can you air dry it immediately after? i've heard it may become streaky if you air dry them right after soaking...

no joke, i bought a sham wow and it practically dries my jawnz after a soak when i just roll them up.

Need some sizing advice for new standards. I'm not sure whether to size down 2 or 3. I'm 5'7, my true waist (just below my belly button is 29") and my thigh at the thickest point is 18" around. I'm looking for slim-ish but NOT skinny fit, however I don't want to end up with a really baggy waist due to stretching. Should I buy the 26 or 27?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic