SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

hi--

how do

Samurai S5000BK compare to Skull S5010XX ????

THANKS

I would pass on the Skulls. The Sams will be a bit tight in the thighs too, but are overall a looser fit. Big thighs are tricky to fit with Japanese denim if you want a slim look. If you don't care and want them to be loose-fitting overall, I'd go for a repro cut (hard to find in black), or something like the Iron Heart 1634 BK.

thanks eveyyone---

most expensive denim dont stretch much right?? so a 24" thigh person should look for at least 12 or a little above?

Depends on how fitted you want. What is the waist aligned measurement of the jeans you're wearing now? Size 35 in Samurai S5000BK is 13.5. It won't shrink down to 12 when you do the initial soak/wash so it should be roomy for you. The denim can stretch a lot too.

By comparing measurements in the same size, and accounting for a little shrinking, I still find Samurai S5000BK roomier than Iron Heart 1634 BK

can someone please post, post-soak measurements of the sexfh05 size 33 and the se05bsp in size 34? rise, waist and thighs?

i have a pair of sz 34 se05bsp, post soak measurements

Waist: 33.75"

Thigh: ~12.3"

Inseam: 33.5"

Knee: ~8.5"

Hem: 7.9"

Rise: 10.5"

i love em

Depends on how fitted you want. What is the waist aligned measurement of the jeans you're wearing now? Size 35 in Samurai S5000BK is 13.5. It won't shrink down to 12 when you do the initial soak/wash so it should be roomy for you. The denim can stretch a lot too.

By comparing measurements in the same size, and accounting for a little shrinking, I still find Samurai S5000BK roomier than Iron Heart 1634 BK

I thought his waist was a 32? I wear a size 29 in 5000's, and my thighs are 20 and I find them a bit tight in that area. Not sure how that converts up a few sizes.

I don't know much about the IH's...but there are only so many black denimz out there, hence the suggestion. The 5000's are a great pair of jeans, and they stretch a lot, so he migiht be happy with them. If he wants something loose, I think the 3000 model comes in black, but would be difficult to track down.

size 35 will be too big? how much is the expect shrink? i think i wear it at 33 at most?

size 35 will be too big? how much is the expect shrink? i think i wear it at 33 at most?

Depends on how you want them to fit. If you want slouchie, go larger (as suggested). I wear my jeans higher...I'm too old to have my asscrack hanging out. I sized down one to account for stretching (I'm a 30, went for a 29).

Yeah I didn't know where gaydad wanted to wear his jeans, I said I supposed he wore them on his hips.

gaydad measure your best fitting jeans waist aligned, and that should be the size you're looking for (so if 16" aligned, then look for 32 for tts, and 31 for downsize).

Good advice...I should have mentioned that. :o

hi-- apprecaite the help guys thank you a lot

right now my apc ns 30's stretched to fit me good at:

waist 34, so i guess i wear it around 33. but maybe a 35 wouldnt be bad so a belt can be used?

the thigh is at 12". so what would i have to look for to make sure it can stretch to at least a 12"

thanks--

edit: tommorow i post the fit pic so its easier to give advise. again thank you all

waist 34, so i guess i wear it around 33. but maybe a 35 wouldnt be bad so a belt can be used?

the thigh is at 12". so what would i have to look for to make sure it can stretch to at least a 12"

thanks--

edit: tommorow i post the fit pic so its easier to give advise. again thank you all

Measure your NS waist too...I think a 35 in Sam's is way too big.

thanks--

Samurai s5000bk stretches a lot at the waist (I downsized two), if you want roomier thighs you should go for 33 or stay tts, still at 33 it has 13 thigh so should be good for you even after the initial soak/wash.

Samurai s5000bk stretches a lot at the waist (I downsized two), if you want roomier thighs you should go for 33 or stay tts, still at 33 it has 13 thigh so should be good for you even after the initial soak/wash.

thanks i think ill look into the s5000bk. now ill just have to convince myself to shell out the 300 dollar

:)

hi,

i know this might be a difficult question to answer but maybe somebody can help me out...

I am looking for a pair of selvedge denim with a loose but slightly tapered fit! I need a boxy seat and rather big thighs but stil like a narrow leg opening!

Much like a Levis 1955 501 just tapered....

Any help is greatly appreciated!

cbass

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic