SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

put some oil on it

and then just tan it for a couple days

but that'll only minimize it

it's pretty much impossible to keep indigo completely off of leather

and in my opinion it makes it look better covered in indigo

Tan first, then oil.

How does the slubbiness (sp?) of denim affect the fade? Is slubby denim desirable, or is it all down to personal taste?

Cheers!

:)

personal taste, but it will affect how the denim fades. look at fades on onis and pure blue japan to see how super slubby denim fades; it can be a very grainy fade.

You know those speedbumps on the road that are all scratched up on top because cars scrape over them?

Look at it like that, slub will stick out of the surface of the denim more, and thus be more likely to be "scraped",

this will create small vertical flecks that are lighter than the surrounding areas along the surface of the denim.

And whether you like that or not is totally up to you...

I'm looking for a place to get my crotch repaired and hemmed (chainstitched) in nyc anyone know any good places?

dont' say blue in green they said it take at a minimum a month or 45rpm they'll only work on 45rpm jeans.

please respond without sarcasm

Not a denim question, but they're repro so I figured I'd post here:

Anyone have any experience with Buzz Rickson chinos? I'm looking at the Original Spec. Chinos as they seem to be the slimmest that they offer. Any general comments, as well as sizing advice (I'm a 31 in the SC 47s) would be appreciated.

Also, any advice on where to get these in North America would be good, but I have a feeling I'll have to have them shipped from Japan.

Hey, how would the fit of the flatheads f380 compare to say the samurai s5000vx or APC rescues. I own a pair of rescues that I really like the fit of, are the F380's significantly slimmer? Should I sell them off and pick up a pair of samurais instead? Thanks

I have size 30 Rescues and 32 F380s. My Rescues are slightly slimmer actually. Like maybe 1/4" at the hem. If you want I can post fit pics and measurements, I'll just have to track down my camera.

You should note that I only warm soaked my Flatheads because I'm tall and wanted to keep the inseam. If I did a really hot soak I suppose they could be slightly slimmer at the hem.

can baby powder be used to replace reg starch?

Are you serious?

If so, yes.

Are Samurais ever sanforized?

I don't believe i've ever seen a pair of sanforized Samurai jeans.. Though I've definitely seen denim shirts they've produced in the past that have been sanforized.

I'm 5'9, 130lbs.

What is my best bet size for imp shearers? 28 or 29?

We'd need a bit more info, but from what information you've given us i'd say 29.

Here's a size chart to help you:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=272

I'm 6'4'' 190 pounds, 31ish waist. So far I've worn ESODS and Dry Bone's Red-D's. For my next pair I want something more of a relaxed fit, higher rise, bordering on baggy fit. Something I could wear dunks with or something. I was debating the 21oz 5000vx but I'm not convinced they're that much rommier than my Red-D's when you remove the taper. I need something with a 36ish inseam and a bit roomier, so I was looking into Momotaros, but I'm not sure of the model. Anything along the baggier fit without being too baggy, highish rise suggestions for me with a long ass inseam?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic