SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I have several pairs of denim in a size 30 (my downsize size) and I used to wear a pair for a while but I stopped and have been beating in my rescues for the past half-dozen months. I try on one of said size 30s and they fit ok, nice and tight for sized down pants. And then I put on my nudies which are a size 31 and they fit almost too snug. Is it possible that denim fabric has contracted due to the cooling climate of the upcoming winter, or did I just get bigger?

Lately been wondering if its possible to intern at a japanese denim company? Does anyone have experience in this, and is it even an option?

You would probably have to be in Japan. I believe Skulls is a very Japan based company that isn't very large so the only way to work for them is in their few locations. Other than that I'm not sure... even Kiya works in a clothes store that isn't entirely Japanese denim.

My favorite would be Dior Homme's version but that's freaking expensive. Nom De Guerre are nice but it's not grey enough. Skull doesn't seem to be selling it anymore, their grey ones, there's the other version but not grey enough. I saw some Eternal grey jeans that looked pretty cool, but I think this Full Count is pretty nice, but kind of baggy, could be just the pictures. I think those Full Count's will be it.

I'm looking for a denim with the following:

- skinny/slim fit for a 28.5ish hip measurement

- good quality heavier weight denim

- raw indigo that fades well

- prefer blank back pockets but can live with minimal detailing

- hopefully less than $200

- Available for online purchase

I've considered APC New Cure but the denim quality could be better

I've considered different Nudies but again the denim quality could be better and I would prefer something more unique anyway...

The closest I've come to success was a pair of Ande Whall Grifters but they were too big/not slim enough.

Currently I'm wearing a pair of Levi's 511 'rigid' that have been more interesting than expected the $40 I paid for them. The fit is pretty good but they could be slimmer in the thigh area.

What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

i am roughly 5 months into my nudies rrds. I am beginning to see significant fades on the thighs, however it is getting quite loose as well. i want to wear them with no wash for a couple more months, but the looseness around the thighs and knees are not appealing. Do you suggest i give it a light soak? id prefferred if the jeans did not come in contact with water at all until its wash.

Jackboot:

first off, wat im about to say to you is based on my personal experience, and my price points and estimates that im giving you are subject to what I know, there are LOTS of people here with LOTS of access to good prices and sales that i have no knowledge of. Its up to you to look around and find the best deal...but this is what i know

what is heavy weight denim to you? 14.5 ounces is heavy to some, light to others. Heck, even 21 ounces is light to some, and feels like leather on others. You may need to clarify about that. anyways, for discussions sake, lets say that we're working with 14.5-17 oz denim, that opens up a wide variety of options.

the price point you mention, does however, pose a slight problem and does limit a lot of your choices. Most of (if not all of) Samurai's lineup is inaccessible at that price point, as are flat heads, skulls, sda's, somets, sugar canes etc etc

the only jeans (japanese denim) i know of under 200 are pure blue japan (via proxy service or rakuten), BUT you should always check blueingreensoho.com, thedenimbar.net, contextclothing.com, selfedge.com and all the other affiliates because sometimes with all the discount codes and shit, you can get a fairly good deal on some reasonably high quality denim.

if i could suggest some cuts regardless of pricing i would say with your waist size go wth

SAMURAI S0500XX or S0710XX 19oz. maybe even s5000vx??

Studio D' Artisian SDA-103

Somet Slim

Dior 19cm MIJ (fading properties not so good)

The Flat Head f310 or 3001

Skull 5010xx 6x6 RAW

45rpm Sorahiko Slim

PBJ-005

im too high thats all for now

i am roughly 5 months into my nudies rrds. I am beginning to see significant fades on the thighs, however it is getting quite loose as well. i want to wear them with no wash for a couple more months, but the looseness around the thighs and knees are not appealing. Do you suggest i give it a light soak? id prefferred if the jeans did not come in contact with water at all until its wash.

Just keep going, the result will be better if they stay raw longer.

I'm looking for a denim with the following:

- skinny/slim fit for a 28.5ish hip measurement

- good quality heavier weight denim

- raw indigo that fades well

- prefer blank back pockets but can live with minimal detailing

- hopefully less than $200

- Available for online purchase

What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

Have you looked into Johnbulls? the SC008 seems to meet what you listed...the denim would be higher quality than the APC/Nudie's, its a slim fit, and they're pretty much a steal for the price...

BiG had em but they're currently out of the size you want:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2093&category_id=&manufacturer_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

If you need denim ASAP though, New Cures aren't exactly a bad buy..

Actually, I've been looking to buy the johnbulls as well...anyone know if they plan to restock anytime soon at BiG?

Do you care more about fit or fades? If you soak your jeans and continue wearing them, they'll still turn out ok. Hell, if you get caught out in a downpour your jeans might shrink up a bit, but they're not going to ruin the wearing in process. It's ok for your jeans to come in contact with water. Just soak them in some water without soap and be sure not to agitate them. Indigo loss will be minimal, though you might lose some starch. If that worries you, then throw in some starch when you're soaking them.

Guest jeffvyain

probably going for the 811s next time i buy a pair of jeans in the next month or two. one question though. i've got some old run S5000VXs in a size 30, and the thighs are not tight...but a little bit more fitted than i would like for my next pair. would a size 32 811 be too tight? i realize there are size charts out there, and according to those, my answer would be yes, though BIG's charts are for raw 5000s and one-wash 811s. i'd rather hear some first hand experience though.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic