SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I'm thinking about ordering a pair of Guitar Wolf CDP-555's, but I don't really like crotch rivets. I'll need to send them to BiG to be hemmed anyway, is that something they could remove for me, or would it leave a big hole?

Again, I don't like the rivet, but it's not a deal breaker. I like the jeans enough to get over it if I have to.

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm looking to order from Take5. When the "Usually Ships In" box says "on order", that means they're out of stock, right?

I'm thinking about ordering a pair of Guitar Wolf CDP-555's, but I don't really like crotch rivets. I'll need to send them to BiG to be hemmed anyway, is that something they could remove for me, or would it leave a big hole?

Again, I don't like the rivet, but it's not a deal breaker. I like the jeans enough to get over it if I have to.

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm looking to order from Take5. When the "Usually Ships In" box says "on order", that means they're out of stock, right?

Its a punch-through rivet...so it would probably leave a hole, but I'm sure you could have the hole sewn shut. A lot of effort for a little rivet though...

And yes, ON ORDER to me would read as out of stock, but on its way back. Those jeans are cut pretty loose...I hope you're not looking for a slim style.

Thinking about buying some Samurai S5000vx. should i go true to size or down? i've been reading people sizing down and such, so do they really stretch enough? im worried if i buy my true size they'll be too tight. btw i plan on soaking/washing every month or two.

they stretch a lot. it really depends on the size of your thighs as to what waist size to get. my true waist measures 32 and i got 29 if that helps. they are quite slim on me. if i were you, i'd probably size down at least 1 from your true size.

they stretch a lot. it really depends on the size of your thighs as to what waist size to get. my true waist measures 32 and i got 29 if that helps. they are quite slim on me. if i were you, i'd probably size down at least 1 from your true size.

w0w, size down 3 sizes...I thought that can be done with APCs only.

i have some new standards that i have worn a couple of times, but i didnt realise about the soaking business, im susually around a 33" waist so i ordered them in 32", does this mean that if i soak them they are likely to be a tight fit, or will it not affect them that much?

If i do decide to soak them, how long should i be doing it for? I take it i should do it at a low temp.

I need some more jeans, I was looking at apc cures or acne maxs. Which would be a more similar fit to new standards?

Ok here’s my dilemma. I was in Berlin a week ago and bought a pair of APC hipster’s, my first raw denim. I’m 5’6-5’7 and about 135 lbs. I wear a 28-29 in sevens and lucky’s and a 31 in true to size jeans like lee’s. I usually wear straight leg or regular to slim boot cut jeans, comfortably but not baggy with low rise, so I went with the hipster’s even though their supposedly girl’s jeans. I first tried on a pair of 28s which fit nice but were a little tight in the crotch. Instead I went with 29’s as the legs seemed wider, though the waist and seat are just a little roomy. Now that I’ve been reading up on the denim it seems I should have gone with the 28s or maybe even 27s? (sized down twice from the 29s. or maybe even 26s? Will they even stretch that much? Mind you I don’t like tight jeans, the 29’s look ok now but I wouldn’t want them any bigger ( I would have preferred somewhere in between the 29s and 28s. The girl in the store said that if their not worn tight n the waist they might not stretch at all. Anyway, I’ve thought of returning them for the 28s. I can’t just go a store as I live in Orlando. I haven’t worn them except around the house to look at the fit and they’re like new with maybe a couple creases from stepping on the legs. APC hasn’t responded to my email so I’ve thought that I could try selling them on here or ebay, though I’ll probably lose money. Another option I could try would be shrinking them, though I don’t know how much APC’s shrink in the waist and seat. I wouldn’t mind washing them a little, I don’t care about the fading in but just the look and color of dark, raw denim. So what would your suggestions be? I’m new to this raw denim thing so you might have a better idea of what to do.

I dunno. Of course the denim will not stretch if nothing will make it stretch. Wear a belt if you don't want the waist to stretch but if it really is that loose and your body isn't exerting any stress on the denim, then most likely it will stay that way. I mean cmon- it wont expand if it aint tight

If they would stretch, You could always take it to a tailor and take off a few inches (like what I'm going to do).. Thing is, I fit into a smaller size but I just don't like the fit on the legs particularly on the calves because theyre skin tight and there's no chance for that part to stretch out. Though they're perfecct on the waist and seat. But I ditched that so I went a size higher, got the perfect fit on the legs, not tight fit on seat but great, and a roomy waist. which is okay.

I'm looking for a site that has a kind of a "guide" of LVC jeans. Information about the different models, what distinguishes them from each other etc. Would be very happy to find this.

Kindest regards,

Jamolos

You're not gonna find one...sorry. Best way to learn is to look through the Addicated to LVC thread....other than that it gets pretty confusing. As far as I know, there's an american line, a european line and a japanese line, and 2 seasons worth of stuff per year for the past XX years. There are lots of experts on here though, so if you have questions post them in the LVC thread and I'm sure you'll get an answer.

My Nudies are 31 and my APCs are 30. I would go with a 29 on the NS if you want a tight fit.

which nudie cuts do you have in a 31? Also, how tight are your apcs? I'm looking for a slim fit but necessarily not a tight fit. I wouldn't consider my slim jims "tight". After about 2 months they're really comfortable and were totally wearable from the beginning.

I have the Even Steven dry organic in 31. My APC New Standards are 30.

The APCs are just a tad looser than the Nudies in the beginning, but they are still stiff as hell. I sized down once for my Nudies to allow for stretching and twice for my APCs, as is the general rule. I'm a little worried about the waist stretching out too much on my NS, so I am wearing a belt just in case. As of right now they fit great.

You should be fine with a 30.

Is there somewhere I can send my 21oz ironhearts to get hemmed with a chainstitch? I'm in FL, but I love these jeans and reallly want them to have a chainstitch but they're too long.

BiG should probably be able to do it. I'm sending back my 19oz. Sam's tomorrow to be chainstitched. It's free if you bought the jeans from them, but they charge otherwise. Give 'em a call to find out.

http://blueingreensoho.com/

BiG should probably be able to do it. I'm sending back my 19oz. Sam's tomorrow to be chainstitched. It's free if you bought the jeans from them, but they charge otherwise. Give 'em a call to find out.

http://blueingreensoho.com/

Thanks, I knew BIG was an option, but I also read that for heavier jeans they didn't like to do unless you bought them there because it was tough on their machine and these ironhearts would be the mother of all tough jeans...I'll give them a call though.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic