SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

stitch.jpg

I don't understand when people talk about chain stitching. I thought chain stitching was only two threads, and it looks the same on both sides. However, I see on some of my clothes one side very plain, and the other side very complicated, like shown here. I thought chain stitching was only like illustrated on this page:

http://home.howstuffworks.com/sewing-machine1.htm

I do not understand how that works or even what it is called, but they are not the same kind of stitches I would doubt. Thanks for any replies... hoping to get one....

kay so I need to increase the inseam of some dry denim from 32 inches to 33, 34 if possible. They've already been hot soaked. Would soaking in cold water and then stretching achieve this? Thanks!

kay so I need to increase the inseam of some dry denim from 32 inches to 33, 34 if possible. They've already been hot soaked. Would soaking in cold water and then stretching achieve this? Thanks!

No. I've tried this, even using a home-made clamp while drying them and odn't believe it works, not to the extent of getting back more than half an inch or so

Denim doesn't necessarily stretch equally in all directions; depends on the weave. By all means hang weights on them as they dry, but you are unlikely to get a full inch.

Anyways, I reckon stacking is going out of fashion. I met a noted industry guru for coffee recently, slyly checked, and I believe his 55-style jeans were ankle length...

^^ lolz, i guess some ppl like their jeans flooding. anyways, ive tried to do that weight thing, and i got about .5 of an inch..

do warehouse 660s stretch back to their original waist? or just an inch or so. i'm trying to decide on a size to get. i'm about a 36 measured but want a slim fit.

Re: hidden rivets.

I don't get the need for them. Yeah, it's authentic and vintage and all that but I don't really find the need for it and after a while, my ass really starts to hurt when I sit.

Am I the only one?

they're to reinforce the back pockets- people who do hard labor would have use for them as i would think its a lot harder to rip a back pocket with rivets than without. Them being hidden would be to prevent scratching what you sit on. Pretty obvious actually.

if you feel that way, you might as well just find some without back pocket rivets.

Re: hidden rivets.

I don't get the need for them. Yeah, it's authentic and vintage and all that but I don't really find the need for it and after a while, my ass really starts to hurt when I sit.

Am I the only one?

I've never ever felt any discomfort from the hidden rivets on any of my jeans, and I can't imagine anyone having a problem with them.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic