SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Are you surprised the dryer bag turned blue?

If was rubbing against hot, wet denim.

As for the fading on the jeans, of course rubbing against something else will cause little fades.

Yeah factory one wash are dried in the dryer. They will often have slight fades on the wrinkles from the tumbling, rubbing against themselves and other pairs. But throwing them in with the dryer gave them something else to rub against (probably pretty tough, synthetic mesh?) making those signs more obvious.

Anyone has bad experiences with drying your jeans in the dryer? I hot soaked my Denime XX type, put it in a quick machine wash in a clothing bag and tumble dried it in my dryer, still in a clothing bag. The bag turned blue and I found weird fadings on all over the entire jeans. Although it's not that noticable unless under bright or direct light, it still sucks. :( And I followed what Denime advised me to do, to hot soak and dry in dryer!!! :( Anyway, most one wash jeans are dried in driers right? So why did this happen in my dryer?

ready to wash, but i dont know how to use the machine. my dad doesnt trust me with this kind of stuff, but hes outta town. anyone wanna help me with the settings?

39643041.png

55158963.png

40123214.png

64365918.png

54349799.png

edit; i plan on washing with bronners if that matters

lemon juice and hot water? I think the acid helps cut through the grease, but try it out on some old denim 1st!

thanks so much wont the acid eat up the dye? indigo?

ready to wash, but i dont know how to use the machine. my dad doesnt trust me with this kind of stuff, but hes outta town. anyone wanna help me with the settings?

edit; i plan on washing with bronners if that matters

your dad doesnt trust you to do the laundry?

small load, cold, light soil, hand wash, take out before the rinse

Sanforized jeans oten, I believe, have more starch applied. But most people wouldn't bother soaking them. I seem to get more thread breaks with LVC 47, even after waoking, than I do with my Sanforized Lees.

INdigo by the way is not water soluble. It's mainly abrading that removes it. But - and we need ringring here - by belief is that some indigo doesn't dye the cotton properly and just sits on the surface, that's what you will lose on your first soak.

I don't think a hot soak will partiuclarly lose more indigo, it will merely give more shrinking in unsanforized fabric.

I don't think sanforized jeans will be starched any more or less than shrink-to-fit jeans. The starch is just used to strengthen the threads for the weaving process. Sanforizing is a separate process that occurs after the fabric has been woven.

Indigo dyeing is a little like dipping a doughnut in sugar. Some of it sticks and some of it doesn't. So yes, that's the stuff that comes away in the first soak.

Does IH still make non selvedge models?

All their black jeans are non-selvedge, and they still produce the 461 which is a non-selvedge bootcut jean.

on the nudie fit guide it says you can wear the slim jims tight or loose? How exactly does that work? You cant just increase the width of your jeans, do they mean wearing it high or low on your hip, if so doesnt that mean high or low rise?

the height of the rise is the length of the zipper/crotch. low rise = shorter length, high-rise = longer length.

wearing it tight means wearing it high on your hip, loose means low on your hip (sagging). it's something that's independent of the rise of the jean. if you wear something "loose" it means you're wearing a bigger size jean, which in turn means there will be more room through the legs than if you were to wear the same model "tight," which would require a smaller size.

capiche?

another lame soaking/washing question:

when you do the initial soak, should you always try to shrink the jeans as much as possible or should you try to make them fit you better?

most of the time i read that you should hot soak them for few hours or throw them in the washing machine. kiya for example often recommends just to soak them for 15mins in cold water etc.

that's kind of "dangerous", because more or less, you have to put them in the washing machine and wash them with hot water when they're dirty, isn't it?

another lame soaking/washing question:

when you do the initial soak, should you always try to shrink the jeans as much as possible or should you try to make them fit you better?

most of the time i read that you should hot soak them for few hours or throw them in the washing machine. kiya for example often recommends just to soak them for 15mins in cold water etc.

that's kind of "dangerous", because more or less, you have to put them in the washing machine and wash them with hot water when they're dirty, isn't it?

i always go for a max shrinkage to my body. so i do like a hot soak with me in the jeans for like 45 min.. seems to do the job.

I go for max shrinkage, and will sell them if they don't fit. (hot-ass wash, but I don't use the dryer)

I don't wanna half shrink them, then never be able to hot wash them lest they shrink too small (my 7month old 5000VX are for sale cuz of this)

It's a matter of preference, really.

If you wanna be able to hot wash them later, with no worries, I'd say pay close attention to buying the right size, then shrink them right down.

I purchased a pair of PumaxEvisu jeans about a 3 and a half months ago and I've recently found out that the denim's "wash" is classified as Rigid. When I initially purchased the jeans I asked the store clerks if they were raw denim specifically and they said yes. I trusted them but after wearing them for 3.5 months I've seen very limited fading with regular everyday wear. Is rigid denim in fact not raw denim? Thanks in advance.

I need new jawns, what to get?

I have big legs from weightlifting and I require a full cut, straight leg. Ande Whall cougars and Nudie Straight Svens fit me perfectly. I want to try out something new and not too blown up. I don't like plain pockets. Super high quality production and a good amount slubbage is a plus.

Jacob

One piece of advice, you should usually never trust sales associates, they generally lie to get sales cause they have a quota to meet. This generally applies to clothing stores cause they are annoynig and fake as FUCK. Some are knowledgeable and others arent.

And no rigid isnt raw, its an "Imitation raw". I read it on hypebeast. Sorry dood cause I have a pair of puma evisus and they are GARBAGE.

I need new jawns, what to get?

I have big legs from weightlifting and I require a full cut, straight leg. Ande Whall cougars and Nudie Straight Svens fit me perfectly. I want to try out something new and not too blown up. I don't like plain pockets. Super high quality production and a good amount slubbage is a plus.

Jacob

I purchased a pair of PumaxEvisu jeans about a 3 and a half months ago and I've recently found out that the denim's "wash" is classified as Rigid. When I initially purchased the jeans I asked the store clerks if they were raw denim specifically and they said yes. I trusted them but after wearing them for 3.5 months I've seen very limited fading with regular everyday wear. Is rigid denim in fact not raw denim? Thanks in advance.

yes, rigid and raw are pretty interchangeable. try reading this:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=146099

Aw man that's a buzz kill... Thanks for the speedy responses though, it's much appreciated. So if that's the case, I'm assuming that if I continued to treat my rigid Puma Evisus the same as raw denim, they wouldn't achieve the same contrasty fades if I washed them 3 more months from now, right?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic