SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i bought size 34 (my true waist is somewhere between 35 and 36) samurai 710 indigos on a trip to new york and i have a following problem:

they don't seem to shrink. first i hot soaked them for two hours and it seemed like the only improvement was that the waist shrunk about an inch. pretty much nothing else. next i hot soaked them for four hours in scolding hot water and the result was a bit better but the inseam is still like 37,5 inches - a bit too much for my liking. then tried to just wear them anyways, ended up with some crazy hip flares and knee bulges, so now i'm trying to hot wash them in a machine to maximize the shrinkage and get the fit right.

has anyone else had any similar problems or am i just doing something wrong?

i bought size 34 (my true waist is somewhere between 35 and 36) samurai 710 indigos on a trip to new york and i have a following problem:

they don't seem to shrink. first i hot soaked them for two hours and it seemed like the only improvement was that the waist shrunk about an inch. pretty much nothing else. next i hot soaked them for four hours in scolding hot water and the result was a bit better but the inseam is still like 37,5 inches - a bit too much for my liking. then tried to just wear them anyways, ended up with some crazy hip flares and knee bulges, so now i'm trying to hot wash them in a machine to maximize the shrinkage and get the fit right.

has anyone else had any similar problems or am i just doing something wrong?

i dont think you're doing anything wrong. i think you need to wait for the hot wash to be completed then take a look. if you don't dig the long inseam, get them hemmed. if you think the length is creating the hip flare, cuff them and see if it is still a problem.

i have a pair of LVC 1920 201's that i haven't really worn in. but these were one of the first jeans i started on. when i first got them, i cold soaked them for 10 minutes, but then realized i desperately needed to shrink them so the next day, i gave them a hot soak. now they're really soft and i'm not really sure if i can get what i want out of them. i was thinking about spray starching the inside of the jeans and ironing it (i think that's what they do for shirts so i figure it will work with jeans too) then starting over with new creases and all that.

here's what i have now:

IMG_5764.jpg

IMG_5763.jpg

i want them to eventually look like these (in terms of the fading and dirt and all that)

LVC1920201JOBLESS©.jpg

even with the two consecutive soaks, is it still possible to get to this? and is starching the jeans necessary for it?

starching is not necessary, and i would definitely stay away from ironing them . that picture you posted looks like a pair that would have been washed frequently and worn very often(if it wasn't a pre-distressed job). your creasing will be better than that if you just wear them as is. starch is for sissies.

I hot soaked my LVC '37s and the creasing is coming along just fine.

you should probably think about soaking longer as well. I dont know how long you did the hot soak, but 10 mins isnt enough.

just wear your 201s and they will become awesome, don't worry about it.

i dont think you're doing anything wrong. i think you need to wait for the hot wash to be completed then take a look. if you don't dig the long inseam, get them hemmed. if you think the length is creating the hip flare, cuff them and see if it is still a problem.

ok, so the hot wash seemed to do the trick and now they are at their tagged size. sorry for trippin too early and thanks for the advice.

can't wait to put some wear on these bad boys.

oh, i didn't mention the pair i want it to look like is pre-distressed. i was just using the fade as an example because i can't find any actual 1920 201 pictures online. also, i don't know if this makes a difference, but do jeans fade faster if they're in constant heat and sunlight?
My 201s didnt shrink at all,and I did a 1hour soak in boiling water and used a dryer.nothing wrong with the denim being soft and constant sunlight will bleach the indigo but you will not get any contastfading.wear your jeans a lot and they will hopefully come out like Paul T ones.he started a whole thread about 201s.do a little research and you will find all the info you need.

oh, i didn't mention the pair i want it to look like is pre-distressed. i was just using the fade as an example because i can't find any actual 1920 201 pictures online. also, i don't know if this makes a difference, but do jeans fade faster if they're in constant heat and sunlight?

i dont think heat has anything to do with it, although according to paul t the people at cone said that machine drying will loosen some sort of starch (maybe something else i cant remember) and will cause the indigo to bleed more - so perhaps more heat could fade them.

sunlight causes sun bleaching. a lot of old levi's you see in archives and such are sun bleached (the areas that are completely white and have no resemblance to wear)

both heat (if indeed it does fade denim) and sunlight will provide a more general fading of indigo denims.

I found these 511 seasonal slim on the levis british website

http://shop.eu.levi.com/GuysCollectionsLevisRedTabJeans/185110020/-511-Se---

It comes at 14oz (which is the same weight as most LVC's) and the color looks like its a one wash to me.

From the description its seems that there is something special about this jeans but I can't find any info on them on the web. Does anyone know anything about these jeans?

I found these 511 seasonal slim on the levis british website

http://shop.eu.levi.com/GuysCollectionsLevisRedTabJeans/185110020/-511-Se---

It comes at 14oz (which is the same weight as most LVC's) and the color looks like its a one wash to me.

From the description its seems that there is something special about this jeans but I can't find any info on them on the web. Does anyone know anything about these jeans?

i can't help you there bud but these jeans look awesome. i'm pretty sure they're some kind of more special run since they have a cinch and stuff. is it me or do the pockets look really long?

It looks pretty good as well as the stitching. But the only way to tell is to rub it on your cheek. And the smell…

So you mean there's no way to know by pics, you can only determine the quality of denim by touch?

yah, the chainstitch is the vintage union special chain, so it's awesome :cool:

booyoalian that shit looks kinda weird. is the weft side completely white? and the grinning looks weird. i would tend to say the shit is prob. wack, but i wont go there yet. i'll just say it looks....different.

Hey!

okay.. I know nothingg about denim at all

& yet for the past 2 years I have been living by the "no wash" rule

(I read it in gq) ahah, but! about twoish.. months ago I bought a pair of

slim straight.. "raw" ? denim from Club Monaco

& they are STILLLL kind of bleeding on stuff

at first I was like.. ehn it doesn't matter it'll stop eventually

but now I don't know!, also.. the rear crotch area is kinda of bagging out a bit.. soo! my question is ONE.. is this even quality denim (just if anyone knows about these jeans) & TWO. is there any way I can set the colour/wash them WITHOUT losing colour??? because they are a beautiful shade of indigo & I'd rather not lose it..

booyoalian that shit looks kinda weird. is the weft side completely white? and the grinning looks weird. i would tend to say the shit is prob. wack, but i wont go there yet. i'll just say it looks....different.

it's flame dye....people still say wack? This is retro forum I should have expected that :P

btw what is grinning...

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic