The ugliest Jeans in the world thread.

thelion1856

Something Good...Ruined:

tumblr_mu10nofJwt1r09f27o1_500.jpg

Reminds me of my current Menards-worker crush.  If not for this crazy ass look she could lay waste upon so many...

(*well to me she does anyway, I guess)

Edited by jyoni

Sadly I cannot download pics, but search this on ebay:  Men Designer Close-fitting Jeans Pants Slim Fit Skinny Low Rise

The scary thing is, they are marked "last pair" all but the 28s were sold.

The auction marked "New Men's Designer Jeans Pants Denim Trouser Zipper Pockets" is also frightening.

Edited by babydials

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I hope part of the money goes to the zoo - that would be a good concept.

Part of it does, which is why I was hesitant to post it here and insult what they're doing, because it's overall a good hting.  I guess I just didn't have a better place to post them.

• 2 weeks later...

Not the ugliest but I expect better for £800:

http://denimhunters.com/2014/08/endrime-releases-jean-like/

Also, I know they're hand-sewn but that is a very shoddy hem-job.

Those are just ridiculous. "I want a pair of jeans that look like a four-year-old stitched them" said... nobody, ever. It just looks shoddy and about to fall apart. It's pretty much the antithesis to what a pair of jeans should be.

I honestly find most of the Enrime stuff ugly.

Selvedge accents everywhere that are completely unnecessary, ugly pocket stitching that looks like it isn't finished.

It's a shame, really. the owner Mohsin Sajid seems like he's really enthusiastic about denim in general but he just couldn't hold back and put in every garish extravagant details he could imagine and the result is a whack. If only he held back a little I imagine you'd have a solid pair of jeans, what's with one piece fly, leather backing button and rivets and all. but then, all their products are wayyy overprice for what they are. 

Yep, not easy to look at. However, to put some perspective on this particular pair: has anyone here ever picked up a needle and thread and tried to sew together a couple of pieces of 18 oz denim and had it come out looking like the machine-sewed stitching on all of our other favorite jeans? Judged by the machined standard, these are an absolute failure, of course, but damn, every single stitch BY HAND? Ya gotta hand it to the "seamstress" for even trying.

The pseudo-selvage details and all that crap are just more nails in the coffin.

Yep, not easy to look at. However, to put some perspective on this particular pair: has anyone here ever picked up a needle and thread and tried to sew together a couple of pieces of 18 oz denim and had it come out looking like the machine-sewed stitching on all of our other favorite jeans? Judged by the machined standard, these are an absolute failure, of course, but damn, every single stitch BY HAND? Ya gotta hand it to the "seamstress" for even trying.

The pseudo-selvage details and all that crap are just more nails in the coffin.

I don't think that anyone disputes that it is some kind of achievement to stitch denim by hand, but regarding how the jeans end up looking the question is "why" ;) Some 100% handmade stuff has it's charm, but those jeans simply don't. It's a fine line and those end up on the wrong side.

Garish details aside, those Endrime jeans are an example of taking a standard product, deconstructing it and reproducing it in a less efficient way that appears to be inferior in almost every aspect - aesthetics, durability, you name it. To cap it all off, the consumer is then asked to pay a premium to cover the costs of this inefficient, uneconomic method of production. As my 6 year-old would (possibly) say: EPIC FAIL!

I don't think that anyone disputes that it is some kind of achievement to stitch denim by hand, but regarding how the jeans end up looking the question is "why" ;) Some 100% handmade stuff has it's charm, but those jeans simply don't. It's a fine line and those end up on the wrong side.

I saw a handmade corsage from the 18 th century in a clothing Museum yesterday. All lace, sewn completely by hand. Had to look 4 times to see that it was not sewn by a machine. With this in mind, the pair above looks even more whack. But maybe they wanted to Point out the imperfections of handsewing...