Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Are there any of the Stevenson paisley shirts in XL floating around one of the stores? Would love to pick one up. If not I might jump on the indigo deckhand instead.

If you are talking about this one,it was never made in XL, only went up to Large. 

So don't feel too bad...

I thought that was the case, but there's an XL size chart so I assumed they were made.

Andrew told me they didn't make them in XL so I was surprised to see the chart including that size, figured it was worth a shot asking.

Looking forward to getting the deckhand in, I really like the shape of the pockets.

My RS04s are looking bossy as hell. I recently washed them again and took them in to have some repairs. I'll put them on when I get them back to reset all of the creases and try to take some pics in the sun. Kimi's pair from a few pages back will be hard to beat, but I think I can give him a run for his money.

Edit: Oops, I mistook this for the Roy thread! I'll post my pics in the appropriate spot.

Edited by Quoise1203

The details on Roy's products are stunning, now if only they were produced in my size.

Just for the sake of curiosity...what are the concho buttons on that shirt made out of?

I have an answer for you now...  The buttons are made of die-cast tin which has been zinc coated (to prevent oxidation).

Stevenson Summer Collection & 727 Jean

Stevenson Overall Company has turned into a favorite of ours over the past year.  They're able to create perfect garments while staying true to a mid-century style.  With this delivery we have three shirts and a new production run of the 727 jean.  We're starting to see photographs of what their jeans are looking like after a year or so of wear and it's impressive.  The aging that takes place on the edges of the back pockets looks great and the denim feels and ages as a good vintage style selvedge denim should.  

These three new shirts and a new run of the 727 jean are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store.  Check the product pages for full spec lists, measurements, and more photographs.

STVNSN_BLUE_01-682x1025.jpg

STVNSN_BLUE_04-1025x682.jpg

STVNSN_GREY_01-682x1025.jpg

STVNSN_GREY_03-1108x737.jpg

STVNSN_PATTERN_01-682x1025.jpg

STVNSN_PATTERN_04-1025x682.jpg

STVNSN_L727_01-454x683.JPG

STVNSN_L727_01_02-1026x683.JPG

Hey just kind of curious, does the model actually wear his shirts in that size? Or does he size down or wash to show what it'll look like later? They just all seem kinda short on him and the sleeves on the grey one especially look short. Not that they look bad or anything. They're beautiful shirts.

^Kiya had mentioned before that Josh sizes down when he models for SE product shots because that's how he prefers to wear them. As a result, the sleeves and waist sometimes hit him higher than a person buying the same product in their "actual" size.

I picked up one of the last (the last?) Stevenson "no choice" paisley shirts in L last week, along with a box of stevenson pocket tees and the last 34 767 Santa Rosa cut. Since my order shipped from two locations, and I picked up the KS1002 on saturday, I had THREE boxes from SE waiting in my PO box on monday evening. It was a pretty awesome and kinda guilty evening...

IMG_5001_zps437c58b6.jpg

The "no choice" shirt is so much louder than anything i'm used to but I love it. Going to wear it tomorrow for my friends birthday when we hit Lagunitas, Russian River Brew Co, BeerCraft, etc...

IMG_5010_zps0a3416c5.jpg

Sorry for awful phone pic,

Thanks again Kiya and all at SE...

^Kiya had mentioned before that Josh sizes down when he models for SE product shots because that's how he prefers to wear them. As a result, the sleeves and waist sometimes hit him higher than a person buying the same product in their "actual" size.

Thanks, cool to know. And duuuude that shirt is killer

Hey just kind of curious, does the model actually wear his shirts in that size? Or does he size down or wash to show what it'll look like later? They just all seem kinda short on him and the sleeves on the grey one especially look short. Not that they look bad or anything. They're beautiful shirts.

He normally wears them either true to size or a little on the smaller size.  

Pro-Tip: If you're ever wondering what size he's wearing look at the other photos of the shirt and if the size is showing, (99% of the time) that's the size worn in the modeled shot.

I picked up one of the last (the last?) Stevenson "no choice" paisley shirts in L last week, along with a box of stevenson pocket tees and the last 34 767 Santa Rosa cut. Since my order shipped from two locations, and I picked up the KS1002 on saturday, I had THREE boxes from SE waiting in my PO box on monday evening. It was a pretty awesome and kinda guilty evening...

The "no choice" shirt is so much louder than anything i'm used to but I love it. Going to wear it tomorrow for my friends birthday when we hit Lagunitas, Russian River Brew Co, BeerCraft, etc...

Sorry for awful phone pic,

Thanks again Kiya and all at SE...

You picked up some of the hottest things we've gotten this year, you're set for the summer!

Im going to ask again, just praying. How many of the paisleys went to portland? Still holding out hope a medium will be there when I am

Sold out completely in Portland, sold them all in-store.  The only one left at any store is a Small at SELA. (Stevenson has none of these left in Japan either).

Will there be a restock of the SG 5109s?

Slept on those and wish I hadn't.

We're not sure if they're going to remake them at this point.

do you mean they're going to be discontinued  :o

We're not sure, at this point there's no plan to remake these jeans.

Goddammit.

And if they do come back into stock you can't buy a pair, you're on a "cooling off" period for the next four to six weeks. 

Well looks like I'm going to make it out to LA and SF at the end of August, looking forward to finally coming into the shops!

Oh hell yeah! Email me the week before you're coming out to LA.

Oh hell yeah! Email me the week before you're coming out to LA.

Will do! My friend Mike and I are heading that way, should be fun seeing as it's been a long time since I've been out there. Planning on stopping by both the LA and SF shops.

I'll say that it's my favorite shirt. Fits me like a dream, the fabric has such a great feel to it, the metal buttons are super cool, and I get tons of compliments on it every time I wear it. 

This Saturday we’re celebrating our first year at Self Edge Portland with beers, a sale, and a Good Art Trunk Show.   Come by and see our summer collections, enjoy a beer, and take a close look at Good Art’s jewelry and accessories!

sepdxad_7272014.jpg