Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

I'd be interested in seeing some evo pictures or the Stevenson's as well, always been intrigued by their denim.

Also interested in the details on the new Imperial collab, seeing as it's not a brand I'm very familiar with.

Kiya talked me into picking up a pair of La Jollas in September of last year down in Portland. It didn't take much talking into as much as showing me the details. They truly are second to none at the price point. The denim is gorgeous as well.  It is a lighter feeling denim that is breathable. So far the fades have been a bit more vintage-y green/gray cast but with a lot of character and vertical falling that is more characteristic of modern style japanese denim. I am not sure if they will yield a high contrast fade if that is what you are looking for. But if its details and construction that gets your jollies, these are it. 

Edited by Graytrain

Yo Kiya,

Are you still wearing the Stevenson's? You should throw up some evo pics. The Stevenson thread is running a little light. 

Yup, still wearing them.  They're almost a year in with 6 washes or so.  I'll have them photographed the next time i get em repaired.

Kiya talked me into picking up a pair of La Jollas in September of last year down in Portland. It didn't take much talking into as much as showing me the details. They truly are second to none at the price point. The denim is gorgeous as well.  It is a lighter feeling denim that is breathable. So far the fades have been a bit more vintage-y green/gray cast but with a lot of character and vertical falling that is more characteristic of modern style japanese denim. I am not sure if they will yield a high contrast fade if that is what you are looking for. But if its details and construction that gets your jollies, these are it. 

You nailed the description on these, barely a need for photos now!

Yo Kiya,

Are you still wearing the Stevenson's? You should throw up some evo pics. The Stevenson thread is running a little light.

These are amazing jeans, definitely more on the vintage ticket as far as fades go. The fabric Is beautiful and the cuts are spot on. I'll be picking up the 727 soon, myself.

These are the 707's of former SELA main man Casey that he washed every month.

http://instagram.com/p/mqA2ARAwjc/

Hey Kiya, any way to get a pair of Stevensons in size 28?

Stevenson does not produce many of their jeans in size 28, the 727 is kinda slim and the 29 may be good for you once hot soaked.

Hey Kiya- any chance you have a pair of Sugar Cane Okinawas in size 34 at SELA?  I may be in the area soon, and I'd love to try on a pair.

Yes, we've got one pair there now.

Hey Kiya,

When are those new Star of Hollywood shirts going online? Looking forward to seeing what y'all got in.

They'll be online June 11th, so in about a week.  We got a total of 9 new shirts from SoH, Sun Surf, and Sugar Cane Light.

Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI23

With this new collaboration we've gotten together with Imperial, a brand we've been carrying since the day we opened, to create a slim tapered jean in a super low tension denim.  This fabric has been made very slowly by a tiny mill run by only a few employees in Kojima (Okayama, Japan).  The weaving speed of the loom was set to a very low speed; at this speed the loom was able to create approximately 23 yards of denim in a work day, enough for about a dozen jeans.  This extremely slow speed yields a denim that is a bit abrasive at first and very breathable despite it's 16oz weight.  
The indigo yarns were dipped ten times in a method which yields a deep indigo color on the warp threads yet the core has stayed bright white.  This combined with the feel of the denim and the fit of the jean means that over time this will be a denim that yields a defined and high contrast fade with regular wear.

The SEXI23 jean has a medium rise and slim upper block that continues down to a slim tapered fit throughout the body of the jean.  We wanted a jean that could be worn slim with a hefty denim that breathes for the warmer months.

The Imperial SEXI23 jean will go on sale at noon (local time) Saturday, June 7th at all four Self Edge stores.  The jean will also go on sale in our online store at 9am (PST) the same day.  

Check the product page for a full spec list on this jean, measurements, and high-res photographs.

SEXIM_01.jpg
SEXIM_02.jpg
SEXIM_03.jpg
SEXIM_04.jpg
SEXIM_05.jpg
SEXIM_06.jpg
SEXIM_07.jpg
SEXIM_08.jpg
SEXIM_09.jpg

That denim looks fantastic. Don't need another pair right now, but between this and the recent SGs, it's hard not to pick a pair up for next year. Also, what shirt is Josh wearing in those photos?

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=1236

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I wasn't clear: Do the FH models Self Edge carries have a longer inseam than those stocked elsewhere, or are does all FH denim have the same inseam (not including one wash)?

Does the SEXI23 use poly, hybrid or cotton stitching?

It's cotton/poly-core thread.

For those of you in Portland (Oregon) tonight, there is a Union Way block party with free beer and discounts at all the merchants.
At Self Edge we're offering 15% off everything from 4pm to 8pm tonight, in-store only.

Walk-A-Block-1.jpg

Walk-A-Block.jpg

Kiya, any plan/future release on the IH 633 cut and when do you get a restock on the fh3009 in size 36?

The 633s in IH's regular 21oz flagship denim will be out in August.  3009 restock is coming in about a week or so.