Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

The Self Edge Graphic Series T-Shirt #15 - Taken & Settled Pt. 2

Today we release t-shirt #15 in our Graphic Series line.  The logo of every label we carry has been reenvisioned by famed Greek typographer, Vassilis Georgiou.  Vassilis’ take on these logos was inspired by American underground culture of the 60’s.  All logos were hand drawn while trying to match the feel of the brand’s name with their new logo design. 

These are available now on our custom in-house designed pocket tees.

Shop Self Edge Graphic T-Shirts Online

Self_Edge_Graphic_Series_T-Shirt_15_Take

The Iron Heart BSPTIII22oz Overdyed Jacket & New Runs of Every Other Imaginable Thing

The Iron Heart BSPTIII22oz overdyed jacket is here!  This is a limited edition overdyed denim jacket made out of a base 22oz Japanese denim with an indigo warp and dark beige weft.  These jackets have been overdyed black with a fugitive pigment dye which is an unstable and un-permanent dye that fades to later show the indigo denim underneath.  The jacket itself is based off a traditional Type III denim jacket with added hand pockets a slight bit of length added to the body so it can easily worn with untucked shirts.

Along with these jackets we've received new production runs of left hand twill denim jackets and the 633 straight tapered, 888 high rise slim, and 777 slim tapered jeans in various denim weights in both indigo and overdyed versions.

You can find all these items now at all stores and online.

Shop Iron Heart Online

Iron_Heart_BSPTIII22oz_Type%20III_Modifi

2 hours ago, kiya said:

The Iron Heart BSPTIII22oz Overdyed Jacket & New Runs of Every Other Imaginable Thing

The Iron Heart BSPTIII22oz overdyed jacket is here!  This is a limited edition overdyed denim jacket made out of a base 22oz Japanese denim with an indigo warp and dark beige weft.  These jackets have been overdyed black with a fugitive pigment dye which is an unstable and un-permanent dye that fades to later show the indigo denim underneath.  The jacket itself is based off a traditional Type III denim jacket with added hand pockets a slight bit of length added to the body so it can easily worn with untucked shirts.

Along with these jackets we've received new production runs of left hand twill denim jackets and the 633 straight tapered, 888 high rise slim, and 777 slim tapered jeans in various denim weights in both indigo and overdyed versions.

Shop Iron Heart Online

Looks awesome kiya. I know the OD process tends to shrink the fabric as much as possible and the measurements show that. I’m normally an XL in all iron heart flannels. Waivering between an XXL and XXXL for this, what do you think?

2 hours ago, JohnnyUtah247 said:

Looks awesome kiya. I know the OD process tends to shrink the fabric as much as possible and the measurements show that. I’m normally an XL in all iron heart flannels. Waivering between an XXL and XXXL for this, what do you think?

I would get XXL, I believe the XXXL will be too big for you and there's zero shrinkage once you wash these jackets.

Edited by kiya

O△X “OG WYTE” Denim Jacket and Studio D'Artisan Jeans and Workshirts

Production shots of the OG WYTE denim jacket can be found here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLXH8lGHlrz/

The first release from O△X is here! This is a new line designed and produced by Studio D’Artisan and we’re proud to be the only retailer outside of Japan stocking it. The first release is the OG Wyte denim jacket. Vintage indigo-dyed kimono fabrics from over 100 years ago are cut into triangles then sewn together to create a new pattern. This "quilt" is then applied to the denim before the entire garment is hard washed to lighten the indigo shade of the denim and kimono fabric. 

We also have new jeans and denim workshirts from Studio D'Artisan. The jeans are made of a 15oz pure-indigo rope-dyed denim woven on Japan’s famed G3 Toyoda looms. These come in SDA’s slim tapered fit and we’ve had this new run lightly rinsed to get rid of the shrinking for you already. 

The denim workshirts are made of a 14oz SDA developed selvedge denim and are finished with uera cat’s eye buttons, gusseted side seams, and chainstitch run-off. Get em now at all stores.

Shop O△X & Studio D'Artisan Online

Studio_DArtisan_OG_Wyte_Denim_Jacket-02-
Studio_DArtisan_OG_Wyte_Denim_Jacket-03-
Studio_DArtisan_OG_Wyte_Denim_Jacket-05-
Studio_DArtisan_OG_Wyte_Denim_Jacket-06-
Studio_DArtisan_OG_Wyte_Denim_Jacket-15-
Studio_DArtisan_OG_Wyte_Denim_Jacket-16-

Studio_DArtisan_G-003_15oz_Slubby_Denim_

Studio_DArtisan_14oz_Denim_Workshirt-02-
Studio_DArtisan_14oz_Denim_Workshirt-05-

27 minutes ago, lee porter said:

The ironheart 633s and 888s are quite similar kiya aren’t they? I’m just trying to work out what would be best for me what’s the main difference please cheers lee 

No, the fit between those two jeans is quite different.  The 888 is a high rise somewhat slim jean, the 633 is a medium rise straight tapered jean.

12 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Super excited to hear that Self Edge will be carrying Samurai Jeans soon! Which jeans well you guys be launching with?

The S211VX!

10 hours ago, lee porter said:

Thanks kiya so the 633 is a more relaxed fit ? Cheers lee 

Compared to the 888, yes.

Pure Blue Japan SR-013 Super Rough Jeans

Pure Blue Japan's SR-013 Super Rough denim jeans are here. This is the most impressive fabric we've seen from PBJ in quite some time. This 18oz denim is woven at a very low tension with a super short staple cotton, giving the fabric extreme character. These feel and look amazing even when new and are sure to look insane with some wear. 

You can find these now at all stores.

Shop Pure Blue Japan Online

Pure_Blue_Japan_SR-013_18oz_Super_Rough_

Cheers Kiya

Always great stuff on your site.

Here’s a suggestion or a request. I am 6’3”. I absolutely love the looks of these PBJ Rough jeans you just posted and the IH633s above them. But with only 10-11” of front rise I cannot cover even half of the equipment I am legally required to cover to be able to present myself in public. And the CDC has warned of potential damage from long term exposure to and wearing of fashionable Eunuch-wear to two particularly sensitive aspects of my reproductive arsenal.  You may have no way of knowing this, but I assure you that ladies rise jeans are painful for big guys. Is there anyway SE can make a special edition “Gaijin Man’s” jean with awesome Japanese denim with a manly rise of say, 14 inches?!

And, your site is excellent and complete in every way. Congratulations. But would it be possible for you to show the products you are selling? I mean could you imagine photos with your models either without shirts, or with the shirts tucked in so prospective buyers can see the jeans you want to sell: the jeans, all the jeans and nothing but the jeans? Why the cover up? If you are selling trips to Paris would you only show half the Tour Eiffel?

I would love to become a customer of yours!

Edited by Mifune

3 hours ago, Mifune said:

Cheers Kiya

Always great stuff on your site.

Here’s a suggestion or a request. I am 6’3”. I absolutely love the looks of these PBJ Rough jeans you just posted and the IH633s above them. But with only 10-11” of front rise I cannot cover even half of the equipment I am legally required to cover to be able to present myself in public. And the CDC has warned of potential damage from long term exposure to and wearing of fashionable Eunuch-wear to two particularly sensitive aspects of my reproductive arsenal.  You may have no way of knowing this, but I assure you that ladies rise jeans are painful for big guys. Is there anyway SE can make a special edition “Gaijin Man’s” jean with awesome Japanese denim with a manly rise of say, 14 inches?!

And, your site is excellent and complete in every way. Congratulations. But would it be possible for you to show the products you are selling? I mean could you imagine photos with your models either without shirts, or with the shirts tucked in so prospective buyers can see the jeans you want to sell: the jeans, all the jeans and nothing but the jeans? Why the cover up? If you are selling trips to Paris would you only show half the Tour Eiffel?

I would love to become a customer of yours!

Hey there, regarding the rise on the PBJ jeans.. we don't actually have any say on the fit of a pair of jeans made by the brands we carry unless it's a model made specifically for our stores.  We've done custom fits with most brands we carry but haven't done one with PBJ just yet.  If and when that time comes it's something we'll consider!

Regarding covering up the top portion of the jeans, we'd rather show you what the jeans will look like with an outfit (t-shirt, shirt, etc..) than show what the jeans will look like when you're not wearing a shirt or with a tucked in shirt, two things most of our clients don't actually do when wearing the jeans. 

1 hour ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Will Self Edge be restocking any Flathead products or have new products from them in the near future?

All stores are getting new runs of wallets, rings, and engineer boots tomorrow actually.  New shirts start landing at all stores in 2 weeks, we've got flannels, indigo-dyed linen shirts, and more.  Assuming most of this stuff will sell out extremely fast in case you really want something from their new collection.

Excited for the indigo linen shirts

Do you know whether they'll be cut the same as previous runs? It's seemed like TFH has made some significant changes to their shirt patterns, in general, over the last few years, & I'm still trying to dial in what works and what doesn't

14 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

Do you know whether they'll be cut the same as previous runs? It's seemed like TFH has made some significant changes to their shirt patterns, in general, over the last few years, & I'm still trying to dial in what works and what doesn't

+1 to the indigo linen shirt. TFH westerns' fit is perfect for me, and personally I hope they measurements stay similar. The arms could be bigger tho. 

3 hours ago, kiya said:

All stores are getting new runs of wallets, rings, and engineer boots tomorrow actually.  New shirts start landing at all stores in 2 weeks, we've got flannels, indigo-dyed linen shirts, and more.  Assuming most of this stuff will sell out extremely fast in case you really want something from their new collection.

Any new jeans or restocks? Itching for another pair of Flathead jeans...

6 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

As usual, we won't know exactly the fit or measurements until the production run is finished and has landed at our stores.  We should have these at our SF store by march 10th if you'd like to come in to try them on.

3 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Any new jeans or restocks? Itching for another pair of Flathead jeans...

No, no new jeans from Flat Head for quite some time.  They've changed the denim on their core jeans and it's not the same denim they were making in the past.  We've passed on the jeans for now until we see what else they're going to come up with.

8 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Ah thts is interesting to hear. Haven't seen any info about them changing the Pioneer denim. Do you happen to know what is different?

It's less hairy, not as rigid, and not as dark.  If you want my honest opinion.. they changed the three things which made their denim so amazing.

2 hours ago, nick682 said:

Will there be a short sleeve Flat Head linen shirt?

Yup, short sleeve and long sleeve, both workshirts, we expect those to sell wild fast.

10 hours ago, kiya said:

We should have these at our SF store by march 10th if you'd like to come in to try them on.

Great, will aim to do so. Haven’t been into the city since maybe August—should be fun

Thanks!

Rick Owens 18oz Lacquered Denim Ramones

We’re excited to announced that we’re adding Rick Owens’ footwear line to the Made in Japan denim collection which we’ve been stocking for the past few seasons. We now have the Ramone high-top sneaker made out of an 18oz lacquered denim. This starts out as an 18oz heavyweight Japanese denim that’s lightly clear lacquered, you can still see the denim weave pattern right through the lacquer and over time the lacquer will come off to reveal the black denim base. 

You can find these now in limited numbers at our stores.

Shop Rick Owens Online

Rick_Owens_DRKSHDW_Black_Milk_Ramones_18

Flat Head Engineer Boots, Wild Child Wallets, & Feather Rings

Flat Head is back!  The first delivery is a fresh batch of their engineer boots, Wild Child wallets, and sterling silver feather rings. Next week we'll have some of their shirts, most of which were made exclusively for our five stores. 

Flat Head makes the ultimate engineer boot, made in small batches by a small shop which generally only produces boots for Flat Head's line of footwear. Made of a natural pull-up Chromexcel leather, the amount of natural oil in this leather is unreal due to the aniline "dying" process the leather goes through. This run was custom made for Flat Head so that the boot will show a little extra wear from even occasional wear. These will look wild once broken in. These come complete with custom made brass and iron buckles, Vibram's #700 and #705 heel and sole, a hand stitched shaft seam, and a Japanese made steel shank for sole stability.  These are now available in a larger size range than the first run.

We’ve also received a fresh run of Flat Head’s Wild Child wallets. Over the years this has turned into the most sought after wallet we carry. They’re super functional, age like nothing else you’ve seen, and last a lifetime. These are made of Shinki shell cordovan, cowhide, have an inner pigskin lining, and come with a sterling silver ring. Available now in tan or black.

In addition to the boots and wallets we also have a restock of their .925 sterling silver feather rings. All these items can now be found across all our stores.

Shop Flat Head Online

fh_black_engineer_01-681x1025.jpg
fh_black_engineer_06-1025x680.jpg
fh_black_engineer_09-1025x680.jpg

fh_engineer_boots_01-680x1025.jpg
fh_engineer_boots_06-1025x680.jpg
fh_engineer_boots_09-1025x680.jpg

WC_BLK_01_03-1026x683.jpg
WC_TAN_01_03-1026x683.jpg
c23c7f97db42ac945b7c0f6f68acefa6.IMG9751

SE_FEATHER_RING_01-683x1026.JPG
SE_FEATHER_RING_01_01-1026x683.JPG