Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Alright I'm just wondering if anyone knows how Self Edge derives at their measurements? I know BiG has a step by step detailed guide but I can't find anything on self edge, thanks.

The waist measurement is the waist doubled.. the leg opening is the end of the leg... the rise is the front rise from the cross stitch to the top of the waist band, and the thigh is 3/4" below the crotch straight to the outside of the leg.

is it possible to get marked as gift? can't say i want a +25% customs tax

Yes it is, just include that in the notes..

The waist measurement is the waist doubled.. the leg opening is the end of the leg... the rise is the front rise from the cross stitch to the top of the waist band, and the thigh is 3/4" below the crotch straight to the outside of the leg.

Basically, everything is the same except the thigh measurement. There seems to be quite a difference in terms of thigh measurements. It seems like BiG measures right at the crotch button, and their measuring angle is different. Basically, add a tiny bit to SEs crotch measurements for a comparison.

god dammit, all this time ive been ignoring the thigh measurements because they were always wrong, wouldve helped if we were both measuring the same spot. ah well

For those that didn't or couldn't pass by Self Edge on Sunday, you missed seeing an incredible black denim shirt that is 22oz thick and the blacked out Super Black denim also 22oz. Good meeting the man behind Iron Heart, Mr. Haraki and also UK Iron Heart distributor, Giles. Other cool people and free beer that I had to pass on since I was short on time. :(

DSC01411-717652.JPG

The Dry Bones Red-D Slim Jeans have just been launched...

Shit is beyond hot.

Info on the jeans and more Dry Bones:

http://www.selfedge.com/2008/02/dry-bones-red-d-slim-jeans.php

The product page with prices, measurements, and more photos:

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72&zenid=6e3720d5963888853cd672d4dfd6c707

S.L. is wearing them one size above his normal size (usual size = 28, size being worn = 29)

dp580_01-744102.jpg

But i don't get the upsizing? on your chart the 28 is measured 30,3, so why size up?

Who said "size up"?

You should size down one from your usual Japanese denim (flat head, sugar cane, samurai, iron heart, etc..) size..

This is what is confusing me:

"S.L. is wearing them one size above his normal size (usual size = 28, size being worn = 29)"

Yeah, it just so happened that he ended up modeling a size 29.. His correct size would have been a 28.

info says 39 inseam... but the patch says 35?

Do not question the ways of the Sushi Ear.

Kiya, if I missed it earlier in the thread, I apologize, but do you have any idea when that Iron Heart seersucker shirt will become available? As well as any idea about sizing (particularly the largest size)?

An update on the Iron Heart products..

The shirts are all a Self Edge exclusive.

The blue/white stripe shirt will be $215 and will be released in small quantities in six weeks.

The Black 22oz denim shirt will be $325 and will be also released in six weeks in even smaller quantities.

The sizing works just like the last Iron Heart shirt sizing, XS/S/M/L/XL. We'll post up measurements once we get the shirts in stock.

How is the fitting of the Dry Bones Red-D Slim Jeans on people who are bigger/taller, let's say 6"3 or bigger? Do you might have fit pics of them?

They would look great, and probably won't need a hem... Being taller normally means MORE styles of jeans will look great on you, and these being no exception to that.