Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

The Dry Bones brand is heavily influenced by ancient Japanese culture. Which is why their denim is called Sushi Ear.

The selvedge lines are two different colors, one pink line representing ginger, one purple line representing shoyu. The front pocket bags and rear pocket linings are made of dark green canvas to represent green tea. The eggplants on the patch represents the spring harvest in Japan.

Actually, the three things depicted on the Dry Bones patch --- Mt Fuji emerging from clouds, two hawks, and three eggplants --- are associated with the so-called "hatsuyume" (初夢) : the first dream dreamt in the New Year. Every Japanese schoolchild knows the rhyme "ichi fuji, ni taka, san nasubi". (一富士、二鷹、三茄子 - 1. Mt Fuji, 2. Hawk, 3. Eggplant). It's said that to dream of any of these things in your first dream of the year is especially auspicious.

You're right about 'sushi ear', but I would note that eating sushi (as we now know it) is not a particularly ancient aspect of Japanese culture. Topping vinegared rice with fish dates from the late Edo period -- it was invented in the Tokyo area probably in the period of 1800-1858.

You're right about 'sushi ear', but I would note that eating sushi (as we now know it) is not a particularly ancient aspect of Japanese culture. Topping vinegared rice with fish dates from the late Edo period -- it was invented in the Tokyo area probably in the period of 1800-1858.

I totally agree here.. Also, they explained to me how purple (the purple selvedge line) represents shoyu in Japanese culture, and how there is a word to both describe the color and the sauce?

quad fist selvage... is it gnna be even heavier?

see... the thing im thinking is that the weft is already doubled on the IH jeans to bulk them up... so would quad fist mean the weft ans warp are both doubled up?

The name doesn't refer to the gauge of yarn, it's in reference to the four red lines on the two selvedge seams. And the denim itself is different... 21.5oz and a deeper/darker indigo.

Skull restock is coming this Saturday.

Iron Heart restock is coming March 1st.

well, at least i can try on a pair of skulls. What are your store hours?

Noon to 7pm every day.. closing at 5pm on Sundays.

SEXTW08....19oz.Rope-Dyed. fits like the 634's but w/o the bike details, now that sounds awesome!!!! can't wait!

is the SEXTW08 exactly like the 634s or do they have a taper? i have a pair of 634s and would definately buy a high contrast light weight pair.

also i got my flat head houndstooth today. it really is as amazing as everyone said..

thanks a lot kiya

An update on the Iron Heart products..

The shirts are all a Self Edge exclusive.

The blue/white stripe shirt will be $215 and will be released in small quantities in six weeks.

The Black 22oz denim shirt will be $325 and will be also released in six weeks in even smaller quantities.

The sizing works just like the last Iron Heart shirt sizing, XS/S/M/L/XL. We'll post up measurements once we get the shirts in stock.

I hope you will keep us posted on the exact dates so I can plan my trip so self edge. You are quite a ways away... but the few times I've been there, the trip up to San Francisco has been worth it! :)

...also, can't wait for the flat head ring restock March 20th!

love that patch and whatever animal that is for some reason

I think it's because you like sheep.

Just got the newest issue of Lightning (Flat Head Special Issue) at Self Edge if anybody needs one..

$20.. email or call us if you need one...

DSC01460-758604.JPG

DSC01461-1-758622.jpg