Jump to content
TEKsevenZERO

Stone Island Shadow Project

Recommended Posts

The one from the lookbook. Green and grey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indigo dyed leather, parseq galore. Fire collection IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone vouch for Dyneema? The latest indigo dyed leather looks great. The fw20 CP Company Metropolis jacket is also made from it. It has got a lot to live up to against Dynafil which is literally bomb proof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's cool, and should beat out dynafil on abrasion resistance and probably waterproofing, but for the retail on the new metropolis you could buy the entire dynafil UP range and have money leftover...

On the ecco dyneema bonded boots I found it didn't breath at all. And since it's bonded to the inside, you lose all dyneema benefits until you blow through the face material. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dyneema is incredibly abrasion resistant and strong, fifteen times that of steel of the same weight. originally developed and used for sail cloth it’s fully waterproof but as you can imagine being used for sails it is not breathable in the slightest.

don’t understanding manufacturers proclivity to wanting to use it in clothing other than areas of high abrasion such as shoulders on jackets for backpacks wearers.

please correct me if I’m wrong (it’s how we learn) but being used as lining/membrane in a 2l situation like the new sisp leather jacket seems folly, none of the benefits of dyneema only the trade offs. that's me corrected @snsnsn but can't imagine it's breathable, personally can't envisage this being comfortable.

Edited by scamster
correction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 11:53 PM, scamster said:

don’t understanding manufacturers proclivity to wanting to use it in clothing other than areas of high abrasion such as shoulders on jackets for backpacks wearers.

please correct me if I’m wrong (it’s how we learn) but being used as lining/membrane in a 2l situation like the new sisp leather jacket seems folly, none of the benefits of dyneema only the trade offs. that's me corrected @snsnsn but can't imagine it's breathable, personally can't envisage this being comfortable.

Thankfully, there are other ways to use Dyneema - the woven stuff that Outlier has played w/ comes to mind. It's categorically different from a full membrane application, but I would agree  that a non-breathable fabric is less-than-ideal in a typical jacket. Seems like something of a step backward, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree but damn are some of the collection expensive. anyone looking to pick up an item or two?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ agree with the ridiculous pricing. that GT paclite jacket should not cost that much.

thankfully most of their stuff (even in black) make it to the sales where i'll be eagerly awaiting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, scamster said:

I agree but damn are some of the collection expensive. anyone looking to pick up an item or two?

I would love get the quilted liner jacket but I haven't seen any fit pics yet. Not sure if isn't too wide or short, like almost anything these days... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looking at the quilted liner jacket too, like the passthrough feature for jacket slings, the linen fishtail parka has also piqued my interest would like to feel that material first hand but considering the prices think I'll wait for the sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So all the arm wiggling in the video is to show that you don't have to go up 2 sizes to have full range of motion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to purchase the FW20 hat (N01A3 HOODIE) and the extendable hand gaiters (N02AE), both in black. Stone Island UK don't stock these nor are they able to order for me. I've tried Stone Island Italy but they will not ship to the UK. I've also had a little look around other UK stockists but to no glory. Does anyone know how I could get my hands on these?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@FelixRevolt unfortunately fourmarketing own the stone island flagship in london and handle the buying for any other stockist in the uk and the republic never carry the whole range from any sisp collection, you're choices are to make a special order, have someone kindly proxy or purchase from a third party stockist outside these shores. had to do this for several items copped in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know exactly what I mean @scamster. I did email Stone Island UK about this. Their reply was, they act as an independent retailer and only have an allocated budget. So they don’t stock the full range. Without actually being able to go to the Flagship Milan store this year, I’m just real envious at the collection available in other countries. So yeah I’m in need of a super kind dude to shop for me and ship to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2020 at 6:25 PM, FelixRevolt said:

I want to purchase the FW20 hat (N01A3 HOODIE) and the extendable hand gaiters (N02AE), both in black. Stone Island UK don't stock these nor are they able to order for me. I've tried Stone Island Italy but they will not ship to the UK. I've also had a little look around other UK stockists but to no glory. Does anyone know how I could get my hands on these?

 

The hat is on end and the gaiters are on farfetch, if I want something I see from the .com site I just google the number, but put the season number infront. EG: 7319N01A3

https://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping/men/stone-island-shadow-project-ribbed-knit-fingerless-gloves-item-15724483.aspx

https://www.endclothing.com/gb/stone-island-shadow-project-knit-beanie-7319n01a3-v0029.html

 

Failing that; I was recommended a site called Reship, you buy from overseas and ship to one of their facilities, they then ship to your address. At a cost of course.

I haven't looked into it properly yet, I think Reship was just a US based company, but maybe similar companies exist for EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 4:22 PM, Brainboy said:

I would love get the quilted liner jacket but I haven't seen any fit pics yet. Not sure if isn't too wide or short, like almost anything these days... 

some fit pics at end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 5:22 PM, Brainboy said:

I would love get the quilted liner jacket but I haven't seen any fit pics yet. Not sure if isn't too wide or short, like almost anything these days... 

despite the eye watering price i ended up getting this a few days back and would highly recommend it. the fit is fantastic... profile with a slight crop and just the right amount of room in the shoulders and arms. the red colour felt surprisingly wearable, but black was the one for me.

i'll happily proxy a couple of things from Europe to save any money going to those thieving price hikers Farfetch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2020 at 4:21 PM, mikon_nikon said:

despite the eye watering price i ended up getting this a few days back and would highly recommend it. the fit is fantastic... profile with a slight crop and just the right amount of room in the shoulders and arms. the red colour felt surprisingly wearable, but black was the one for me.

i'll happily proxy a couple of things from Europe to save any money going to those thieving price hikers Farfetch.

Let's see a fit pic plz. 

You can always reverse search the images on Farfetch to see what boutique it is selling from. Then buy direct to skip the Farfetch tax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now