Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

Saturday. Before the chilli accident. 

Had a lovely day out with my mom and my two kids. I am always having a bit trouble this time of the year. Allergy is a though thing to live with sometimes.

150509_IH666UHR_33_d039_131248.jpg

150509_IH666UHR_33_d039_131251.jpg

150509_IH666UHR_33_d039_131253.jpg

150509_IH666UHR_33_d039_131257.jpg

150509_IH666UHR_33_d039_131846.jpg

Edited by nizzel55

getting more and more comfortable as time goes by. It has been in the 80's a few times here recently and the jeans are not too awful considering the weight. I might actually be able to wear these through the whole summer.

f2TlpWY.jpg

Just got back from Washington DC and the Northern Virginia area, walked about 25 miles in my contest jeans over those few days!

So many monuments, museums and sights to see. I'll be sure to upload my update pictures, jeans will likely get a wash sooner rather than later.

Great updates all around so far!

Just got back from Washington DC and the Northern Virginia area, walked about 25 miles in my contest jeans over those few days!

So many monuments, museums and sights to see. I'll be sure to upload my update pictures, jeans will likely get a wash sooner rather than later.

Great updates all around so far!

Gave my flat heads a wash last night and ohhh momma they are crispy today and looking fantastic. Washing every 40 or so odd days is gonna be my go to i think 

Hey can you add me to the list? I'm going with the Pronto x PBJ 18-1 from last year's Denim Carnival event. The photos were taken last year but I won't be able to start wearing them until the end of June due to personal reasons so I'll just have to deal with the delayed start.

This pair weighs in at 18oz so I'll be in the Middleweight.

aROuhKX.jpg?1

O09TBlN.jpg

Edited by onehitwonder

Alright, not sure how well this all will work from my phone but here goes...

I've been in Ecuador for a few days now, killing time until my summer work starts. After a sort of hectic flight in--we ran out of fuel and had to make an emergency landing in Guayaquil--I arrived in Quito around 2am and went to meet my friend who was crashing with a guy named Paúl.. instead of sleeping as I'd planned we ended up drinking whiskey and listening to the clash until around sunrise. The morning after we got a pretty spectacular view of the city:

image.jpg

Since then i've been stopping by to visit some old friends. We took a bus to Baños, a mountain town famous for its hot springs, and caught up with a couple of em there (one now owns a small bar serving Ecuadorean microbrews--I'll have to get some photos up later!)

In the meantime, we went hiking in the mountains surrounding the city. At the top of one we came across this treehouse...

image.jpg

Now I've just arrived in Puerto Lopez, on the coast, after a lengthy overnight bus ride. Gonna rest and go hiking but will hopefully have some photos up later! Right now my sugar canes are drying from a dash to the ocean:

image.jpg

Nice to see everyone's updates!! Looking forward to posting and reading more soon.

Edited by chicote

Thanks Broark! It's great to be in Ecuador, I'm very lucky to have been hired for the job I'm doing, even if I'm likely whittling away all of my compensation with travel expenses..

Anyway, since this is likely the last day I'll have internet for a while I'll get some photos up from today. These are all from a hike at a national park just outside of Puerto Lopez.

While my Sugar Canes were drying I switched to my Tenders for the day... might as well have just stuck with the former, though, as now both my jeans are soaked in seawater:

image.jpg

I went for a bit of a scramble along the cliffs out to a rocky spit where you could very clearly see out into the ocean:

image.jpg

My phone really isn't conducive to good nature photos, but there was a huge number of pelicans and fragatas out in the bay, many flying and roosting just above where I was on the spit. Fragatas are especially cool.. I met a park ranger on the way out who told me quite a bit about them. Also called "piratas del aire" (pirates of the sky), fragatas aren't able to dive into the ocean to catch fish as most other oceanic bird species do--their feathers lack a certain something or other that makes them waterproof, and if they're caught in a storm they have to stay put and dry out before they can fly again. Instead, they attack other birds, pelicans mostly, that have just caught or eaten fish of their own, their aim being to get the bird victim to throw up its catch. Then, they'll swoop down and eat whatever's left of the meal in the air. Pretty cool! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any good pictures of them, but I did catch a pelican and a stick insect:

image.jpg

image.jpg

On the way back I went up to a lookout that gave a great view of the beach:

image.jpg

Finally, a sort-of strange fit pic... Don't mind the tied shirt, a button broke loose and was otherwise exposing my navel!

image.jpg

Edited by chicote

that brownish weft looks amazing. can you please share more details about it?

Sure. I really wish I can start wearing them right now. I'll let the (old) photos do the talking.

• The fit is a very straight leg as you can see and  I sort of wish I got the tapered version instead. Still, given my experience with the xx-012, my thighs would not have fit well and it would lead to blowout in a year anyways. I guess I'll just have to stick to bigger models.

5us1Sj3.jpg

tYqgqLR.jpg

• The orange brick weft is not quite noticeable from afar and give the jeans a somewhat rusty hue. Upon closer inspection, however, it shines brightly and can be very eye catching.

BjQGNBl.jpg

• The leather patch is quite dry at the moment due to the one-wash process I presume. And so, I used some Real McCoys horse oil on it and now it's a lot more supple. Being natural leather (veg tanned?), it should darken with wears as well - something I really look forward to.

QqFtrcV.jpg

• The fabric is very soft to the touch since the One wash process probably got rid of most of the starch. I assume that this pair is made in Japan from the same cotton as the xx012, which is a mix of American and Zimbabwean cotton. And so, the 18oz is quite heavy but surprisingly breathable, which is perfect for Southeast Asian weather. I also look forward to rocking it regularly in America when I go back as well.

tPpijWg.jpg

7p7rj24.jpg

• Kenichi Iwaya Senpai noticed me!

irDwqw8.jpg

My Oni's arrived today. Crazy denim. Never handled any like it. Just done a hot wash will have to see if I will be using them for this comp once they are dry.

Which model did you get? The secret denim?

Hi,

I think I'm one of the two girls in the DWC competition.  So far the only one in the Middleweight competition..  I'm from Toronto, Canada, musician and I'm breaking in the Momotaro 7005sp 15.7oz.  I got them in sz 24 and it was tight.  The first few weeks were torture.  But now, they fit quite nicely. No more lying on the bed to button them up.  The waistband did stretch out an inch.  I used up all my 30 amnesty wears so I'm approaching the 1 1/2 month mark now.  Anyways, cheers to all! Good luck!!

These first pics are from the first weeks of wear:

IMG_2096_zpsyyvkiubg.jpg

IMG_2094_zpsc7ryp4d2.jpg

After one month and some details:

IMG_2153_zpsx2r2lkeb.jpg

IMG_2122_zpspgjtwmhz.jpg

After about 5 weeks + a tour to Montreal causing some fraying..

IMG_2168_zps8t8w4qzk.jpg

Sure. I really wish I can start wearing them right now. I'll let the (old) photos do the talking.

The fit is a very straight leg as you can see and  I sort of wish I got the tapered version instead. Still, given my experience with the xx-012, my thighs would not have fit well and it would lead to blowout in a year anyways. I guess I'll just have to stick to bigger models.

The orange brick weft is not quite noticeable from afar and give the jeans a somewhat rusty hue. Upon closer inspection, however, it shines brightly and can be very eye catching.

The leather patch is quite dry at the moment due to the one-wash process I presume. And so, I used some Real McCoys horse oil on it and now it's a lot more supple. Being natural leather (veg tanned?), it should darken with wears as well - something I really look forward to.

The fabric is very soft to the touch since the One wash process probably got rid of most of the starch. I assume that this pair is made in Japan from the same cotton as the xx012, which is a mix of American and Zimbabwean cotton. And so, the 18oz is quite heavy but surprisingly breathable, which is perfect for Southeast Asian weather. I also look forward to rocking it regularly in America when I go back as well.

Kenichi Iwaya Senpai noticed me!

Which model did you get? The secret denim?

Great post @OneHitWonder !!!

IMO, I think Pure Blue Japan and Pronto did a great job on this colab.  

I look forward to seeing the evo on these for sure!

This type of modern cut works really well for me so I'm always very interested to see the denim used, it's weight and fading/wear potential. B)

*(photos removed so it wouldn't devalue your original post)