Max Power

Here is a brief list of jeans I could bring to the table:

BruNaBoinne - BNB13N (Natural Indigo)

FullCount - 1108XX

FullCount - 1108PH

FullCount - 1768

FullCount - 1922

IronHeart - IH-643-LB

KickingMuleWorkshop - 1950 AWA (Natural Indigo)

OoeYofukuten - OA01XX or OA02XX or OA03XX

PureBlueJapan - XX-007

PureBlueJapan/Take5 - TPJ-510

RealMcCoy - Lot.001 or Lot.003

RedCloud - various...

RisingSunJeans - Blacksmith

R.J.B. - D105LTD - various...

SamuraiJeans - various...

SJC Denim - Yard Boss

StudioD'Artisan - various...

SugarCane - various...

SugarCane/MrFreedom - Lot.64

TCB - 50's cut

TheFlatHead - 3005-A

TheFlatHead/Take5 - TR-010

Warehouse/Heller's Cafe - HC-035

Lee/Warehouse - 101 Cowboy "triple name"

...if only I could make up my mind!

That's one hell of a collection!

My vote goes to KMW, do you have any details photo of the denim and hardware :D

I personally like TFH fits better, but those are looking great. Loving the roping already.

I prefer the 3002 because of the higher rise but i cant pass up these for the price i got them at new.

I'm not entering this contest but it's a slooooow afternoon at work so I'll detour briefly to the theoretical continuum. Over 2 years my choice would probably be from one of my following eligible pairs:

- Momotaro 0901

- SDA 101

- SDA 001

- Sugar Cane Hawaii

I'm not entering this contest but it's a slooooow afternoon at work so I'll detour briefly to the theoretical continuum. Over 2 years my choice would probably be from one of my following eligible pairs:

- Momotaro 0901

- SDA 101

- SDA 001

- Sugar Cane Hawaii

SDA 101!

- Momotaro 0901

- SDA 101

- SDA 001

- Sugar Cane Hawaii

Should do sda 101, got a pair of sda coming for the contest

That's one hell of a collection!

My vote goes to KMW, do you have any details photo of the denim and hardware :D

None recent ones - here are ones previously posted...

http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/KPFoxy/library/Kicking%20Mule%20Workshop/1950%20AWA/W32

Edited by Foxy2

^ Oh, you're kicking a pair of SDA for the contest? What model?

Looking forward to seeing a frequent poster kill a pair over two years.

103xx didn't pick an easy pair. Granted I will probably get another pair to rotate for work as well. 

@Mega - can you give me a run down on the MBB fit? I can quite figure it out from the spec's I've read at IHUK and the pics I've seen in the internets. 

No worries, mid/ high rise, slightly slimmer thigh than the 634, tapered below the knee. It's a slim (ish) modern cut, quite versatile, definitely not a straight, definitely not a jegging.

As an aside, I also got a pair of the DWC x UHR Busters, tried them earlier and I really like the fit, I've soaked and washed mine as per the instructions from Iron Heart, they are currently still drying, but they have really made me reconsider using them for the contest rather than the Samurai's due to the fit.

As an aside, I also got a pair of the DWC x UHR Busters, tried them earlier and I really like the fit, I've soaked and washed mine as per the instructions from Iron Heart, they are currently still drying, but they have really made me reconsider using them for the contest rather than the Samurai's due to the fit.

Is the fit on the Samurai S5000vx 25oz slimmer than the UHR B's? 

Based on that description, I think the 634 is a better cut for me. I could live with a  slightly higher rise, but not thighs and hips any tighter than they are now.

I'm gonna get my 634-XHS hemmed, and I think I'm also gonna have them tapered to an 8" opening from the knee down. I usually don't run cuffs, and I'm thinking a slightly narrower leg opening will create some stacks. 

Man everyone is off to a fast start!

Those jean collections make me a little jealous.

I'm with you summer, the thigh is going to be a close call.  I'll find out Friday hopefully.  And I forgot to bring a couple back up pairs so if these don't fit I get to ride up to SENY.  Also you have a fantastic fit imo

For anyone still looking for a pair of jeans to jump in with, the guys at Tuck Shop Sundry Supplies are offering the new Red Cloud 25oz jeans at a 20% discount for contestants. Just follow this link and input code HWDCR20.

http://tuckshopsundrysupplies.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=18&product_id=67

Ok, so I got the Iron Heart DWC x UHR jeans on (finally) and went out to take the dog a walk in them to have a feel of the fit, a few quick notes and initial impressions....

- The denim in INCREDIBLE, soft hand but stiff, lots of colour depth and you just know that it was made to fade.
- Through the leg they fit better than any other jeans I have ever owned, period.
- The top block is insanely tight at the moment, if I get a bit of stretch in the waist and upper thighs I will be the happiest man alive.
- Conversely if I don't, there is no way I'll be able to wear these for 2 years without dropping weight.
- I will drop weight for these as I love them that much.

I was going to wear my 25oz Samurai's for the contest, but the fit on these will be so good when I've dropped a few pounds that I'm going to choose these.

Pics as soon as I find a photographer.....

I'm a little miffed here.......almost unanimous agreement:

SOMET.................OR...................WRANGLER 

These are such opposites!

One has the highest rise I've ever tried on, the other is the lowest....

One retails for $25, the other retails for $300....

One is broken twill, the other is right hand twill.....

One has been sitting in my closet for 4 years, the other had been sitting on the shelves of 'Coastal:Farm and Ranch' since about 1990. 

One was the jean de jour for skinny hipsters with a thing for Dior cuts, the other is jean de jour for guys who chew 'Grizzly'.

I'll try sleeping in both and see how that goes...

So it looks like I'm going with SOMET 008 for the contest.

I've had them sitting around since 2010. I fell in love with Somet around then but was too busy breaking in some SEXFH05s and Skull 5010s, and the Somets keep getting passed over for other projects. I've come to dislike super low rise jeans and could see my self only grabbing high rise in the future (After this contest). If I dont wear them now, I might never. Few people seem to be rocking them these days and maybe I can build up some interest in the brand again...Despite the low rise, everything else about the jeans and the stitching seems top notch! Love how tightly woven the weave is...They feel like they could withstand 2 years no problem...

Edited by BigSugar

First Official Update! Went camping Last weekend and have been doing a lot of throwing on the wheel in the past couple of months. These pics have been taken after 2 straight weeks of wear:

wPTPCdd.jpg

c5NwbnN.jpg

WOdf6iy.jpg

GSLlT4V.jpg

Fading the locket my girlfriend gave me into the coin pocket

S6rQ3Eh.jpg

Denim Details:

4xofWxq.jpg

OxbAUSL.jpg

Great evo already and definitely a nice denim you choose!!

Right now I consider a soft wash already as my jeans are pretty smelly whenever they touch water... Which means whenever I dry my hands...

I am also considering to wash my pair ones every month, petty curious how that might work out...