TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Great fit Bobbo they'll stretch a bit and you'll be grand!

Actually great fits by everyone so far!

I am just back home from holydays in beautiful Provence, had an awful lot of cotes du Rhone and cheese of all sorts and pate de fucking canard! Now I am 3 kg more than what I was before I left! My first fit will be funny if not awkward.. But ll be back on track within a week (alcohol Ramadan starts tomorrow!)

It's Happy Jeans Miracle!

I woke up this morning feel pretty down about the apparent loss of my jeans, and was checking the USPS website religiously all day for updates. To my disappointment, no new scans posted pertaining to my tracking number. All the while I had this nagging feeling that USPS didn't give it the old college try yesterday in attempting to locate my jeans, so I decided to stop by my local post office on my way home from work to see if a face-to-face conversation would shed new light on the situation. Mind you, this was not the same post office where my jeans had been released to after clearing customs. Low and behold, my package there! Apparently, my less-than-stellar mail carrier attempted delivery yesterday, but neither scanned the attempt into the system nor left a tag on my door. Quizzically, instead of returning the package to the post office where delivery was initiated, he dropped it off this morning at the post office in my neighborhood. There is no method to this madness, but the long and short is that #8 is checking in and ready to go! Here are the measurements for my jeans prior to their first wash:

Size: 34

Waist: 34 1/2

Thigh: 13

Front Rise: 12 1/2

Back Rise: 15 3/4

Knee: 10

Inseam: 38

Leg Opening: 9 1/2

Jeans are spinning away in a hot wash as we speak, then an air dry and another warm wash. I'll see how they look with cuffs, but I anticipate sending them up to BiG for a hem/chain-stitch.

Big thanks to Ed and aho for getting this going, and, again, to every expressing words of encouragement after yesterdays mild crisis.

Edit: post wash sizing

Waist: 33

Thigh: 12 1/2

FR: 11 3/4

BR: 14 1/4

Knee: 9

Inseam: 34

Edited by Projectp

told you. Mother fucker cant even be bothered to scan a package.  Great feeling though to finally have your jeans, yea?

Ahhh, #8 finally checks in.  You see that Sugar Mountain?  Subject located!

Edited by garden gnomes in space

^^The conflation of relief and elation in finally having the jeans is overwhelming at the moment.

As a federal employee, I don't want to speak too ill of fellow public servants. That being said, I can state without reservation that the Washington, DC area postal service employees might be the worst cohort of taxpayer-funded flunkies I've ever come across. As it was explained to me when I picked up my package, there's a strong likelihood it would have just sat there forever in a pile of undelivered mail since there were no new scans and it had been dropped off at a different location then from where it left for delivery. Oh well, not complaining too loudly since I've got a great new pair of jeans in my possession.

Edited by Projectp

Here we go!

Number 2 checking in, kitchen presoak fit!

EAD899F1-6456-40B9-8B6A-58A7F2E8D97D_zps

I hope I will lost the weight I've gained recently very quickly, the waist was almost ok pre soak. I went for a 30 degree soak and a spinning cycle afterwards.

Diet already started!

I am wearing them damp at the moment, a little tight but not too much! Perfect front rise perfect thigh, long enough for a double cuff as I wanted! fuck yeahhhhhh 😎😎😎!!

Thanks Aho, thanks Ed and thanks Inoue San of course! This is going to be a lot of fun!!!

While it was unfolding Tuesday it was definitely more of an issue, but in the long run the crisis wasn't as severe since the package ultimately arrived

first world denim crisis.  We get it.  I'd be camped out up someones ass at the post office if it happened to me

Tack my friends!

Today I had a double TCB treat as I also received my 60's back from Mr Handy Denim Repair in Gröningen. I had a crotch blowout repair and reinforcement and I had a couple holes mended.

Backpocket hole before

60747202-5E0E-4D77-9185-EC513AD5C892_zps

Backpocket after
F172A00C-9643-4406-89CC-07A4DE143BAD_zps

Crotch before
F950E3BB-B951-4ABD-9581-AC835F094C9D_zps

Crotch after
62B70130-E896-4103-8943-F8D771AD5B88_zps

Very happy! This my second repair done by Melvin aka Mr Handy, he's gas and I totally reccomend him!

Edited by volvo240thebest

got my pair two days ago.  i'll get some fit pic's up later but i have one on IG under the #tcb50scontest.  these pic's are pre-soak.

IMG_5592_zpsa6bc9ace.jpg

IMG_5613_zpsb497f497.jpg

IMG_5610_zps48885e43.jpg

IMG_5608_zpsceaf1b57.jpg

IMG_5606_zpsdd007f39.jpg

IMG_5604_zpsae5fca9e.jpg

IMG_5603_zpsb8d8c4a9.jpg

the right leg (pictured left) has a wonky line selvedge ID.  you can see it's off center and fatter than the other leg.  doesn't bother me one bit.

IMG_5602_zps5713350f.jpg 

next to Denimproject Devis contest jeans

IMG_5599_zpsa8f9e8cf.jpg

the top buttonhole wasn't opened.  took a knife to it and it's fine now.

IMG_5594_zps70b6f294.jpg