TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

TCBTele_zps28ebzzzp.jpg

Ahh, this is sweeeeeet Paul T!  Mondo post a pic of the strat and TCB's.  Would love to see that!  I'm very sorry I missed the deadline, I've been out of town the past few days.  i'll post tomorrow.  I didn't have a chance in hell on winning anyway but it's been fun.  Congrats VOLVO!!!

thanks tv, look forward to see ur pair too.

and now the dilemma is what to pick up as a prize. I can choose one top and one bottom from the whole TCB collection iirc.

for the bottom I am torn between a pair of monkey pants (https://tcbjeans.stores.jp/items/54a66dd2ef33773e8b000d83) and another pair of 60's. I think I'll go for another pair of 60's.

for the top I can't choose between a 60's jacket and a seaman USN jumper.

the 60's jkt looks like a more versatile piece and a safer investment (I already know I would wear it to the pulp) but the seaman jumper is such a dandy piece...

first world problems!

Oh, HELL YES!

To answer PaulT's question about what we're wearing in the meantime, I spent a couple days in some vintage 1964 army field pants. Then for the last two days I've been splitting time between my Devi's S01 and TCB USN seaman's trousers.

Ladies and gentleman...I want to proudly announce that our friends at TCB and Signet have declared a second prize winner:

......PAUL T!

Sir Paul decided to go with a TCB jacket, which we'll all have the pleasure of seeing his evo/progress on in the next few months. Congratulations to Paul, and thank you again everyone for your participation in what has clearly gone down as one of the best denim contests ever on sufu!

meanwhile I just had both of the front pockets and the right backpocket of my contest pair repaired! back into the TCB 50's tux game. think I'll keep wearing these jeans maybe once or twice a week, now that the hard work is done I want to keep enjoy the fades:

xupc1Bj.jpg

and my prize was shipped yesterday from Kurashiki! I'll post some pics when I receive the jumper and my second pair of 60's...

Ladies and gentleman...I want to proudly announce that our friends at TCB and Signet have declared a second prize winner:

......PAUL T!

Sir Paul decided to go with a TCB jacket, which we'll all have the pleasure of seeing his evo/progress on in the next few months. Congratulations to Paul, and thank you again everyone for your participation in what has clearly gone down as one of the best denim contests ever on sufu!

This is so perfect. Thanks everyone. When the first results hit I was so happy for Volvo but a sad little voice inside me was going "boo hoo I really wanted a Seamans Jumper" and now that sad little voice is happy!

IN any case I also count myself lucky for spending 18 months with those lovely jeans and such good company.

As someone mentioned the Monkey Pants, which I'm wearing right now, I think the sizing should have a bit of a health warning.

They have a massive rise and are pretty undersized (at least the ones I tried on). I'm wearing the 36 and I measured the waist opening at 33. 

That said. Awesome fabric and another fabulous TCB piece.

yea I saw that. I've abandoned the idea of getting the monkey pants as a prize because of the huge front rise.

not to derail the topic but there is another repro of those pants made by workware in Korea, which looks not bad at all, and the measurements are a bit more "normal". Anyway in the last few weeks I've fucked up all my 2016 budget for clothes (between a new custom made bag made of TCB denim and leather, a TCB chambray and a pair of white's) so it's one less problem now!

Edited by volvo240thebest

finally got around to posting final pic's.  great contest.  didn't get around to wearing these as often as i would have liked.  one thing that bothered me with these (and no fault of the jeans) was 1. I got them hemmed a little too short.  would have liked another inch on the hem and 2. the waist was a little too tight, again could have used another inch (due to beer gut) again, no fault of the jeans. 

pretty rad contest all in all and if there's ever a 60's contest, I'd def be down for that!  

IMG_6980_zpsjzmrryfk.jpg

Edited by tvshooter

eheh Paul I am due an update but I'm super busy with work. Within the deadline of apr 29th I need to send all the festival programs, posters, brovhures and 65 pages books with listening guides in two languages to the printers.

I am editing and writing all the stuff (except the guides which are done by a musicologist) on my own. The translator doesn't know musical terminology enough and everything she does needs to be read thoroughly and corrected! Nightmare!