TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

look for Fever Tree, that's the standard good tonic out there. another good one is Fentimans but that's not as easy to find.

hopefully Foxy will chime in, he has a huge wealth of knowledge as far as gin and tonic is concerned!

my favourite classic Gins are Hendricks and Caorunn, both quite easy to find everywhere.

Hendricks g&t is nice with a couple slices of cucumber as garnish, Caorunn works great with a slice of green apple.

See, I don't travel without at least a basic supply of Tonic...

image_zpsmfc3ohlt.jpeg

When I'm back in Berlin (mid January) I'll ship you an assortment.

Feever-Tree is certainly a good one (go for the Light Tonic), but I'll also recommend Gents (a Swiss Tonic).

If it has to be Schweppes try to look for Schweppes Dry Tonic.

In regards to Scotish Gin - give The Botanist a try!

Edited by Foxy2

Need to track down some nice tonic, every place I go to just sells the standard pop tonic and it's not very good, with that going to have to do some research on some decent gins I can find locally.

Not familiar with Canadian Gins, but you might get your hands on some small batch American Gins...

Try St. George Botanivore Gin for example.

Threw my pair in the wash/drier over the holiday but forgot to turn them inside out. Hasn't been an issue before, but the drier back home with my folks is apparently extra hot and left some "burn" marks on the patch! Will have to post some pictures this weekend for real once I have good light! The lack of wear but frequent washes is bringing out some really great texture and puckering on my pair.

couple pics to keep the thread rolling nice and steady...

dramatic sky on the first day of the year

F5C98A31-DF2B-43A8-86C6-B52F79C779ED_zps

new year postcard received by our own Inoue San! the mix of lowfi illustration and that red star in the left makes for a slighty sinister Asian communist vibe haha!!!

9CB8F55D-216F-4335-A4FA-B80793C752A7.png

couple texture pics of the mighty TCB denim

EBCFF356-BE62-4D8C-924F-6508AE91062C_zps

90A43FE2-97E9-45E8-A558-77B12A132484_zps

B8D794EF-9832-4817-A19C-D30D0A14D34E_zps

54E51722-A64B-47A9-9E06-47C63981A3B0_zps

el gato approves the texture and feel of the denim, and he's very hard to please!

22CCB5CD-8CE1-4B6C-BA3E-88A21993FE65_zps

happy New Year folks!

Edited by volvo240thebest

couple stupid pics to keep the thread always on top!

some random pic made by some random guy at a concert, cropped out my colleagues. don't mind my stupid face while tuning the flute. the denim looks good under stage lighting!

51843C84-0FA1-4B3D-9550-6D92C8E3537D_zps

spent a couple hours assembling an ikea closet for my little one, pic by mrs Volvo, who shared it with my friends on whatsapp. She loves to display the better side of her man! As you can see I am in very fine shape after all the festive eating and drinking.

D2BA81A4-D269-4611-9051-359DBF0536BA_zps

and heres the little one

35F06B07-43F5-4D81-9008-FC69A20BB7FF_zps

• 2 weeks later...

the thread is sleepy! it looks like in the last few weeks i've been the only regular contributor, so I hope you won't mind another update here!

Spent the weekend in Germany, for a change!

here's a couple pics

ABCA4D38-C404-4B5F-8F79-B04C3EAF7172_zps

the older dude in the band looking cool

B0F852F5-B51D-4A8D-94FA-76E82D752BE2_zps

random sound check pic

761C1276-F89F-4443-A852-A2EEAE860FC8_zps

Reinhold Messner style pic!

5D518684-691B-489B-A39F-6488CFF1B735_zps

this was just outside of the pretty town of Ravensburg

13F5CDA6-E256-48E8-B314-3E8E19C673F3_zps

San Bernardino pass in the land of Chocolate!

DD7DB1BD-B52A-4B9E-AD35-6CF5BE929472_zps

texture pic, to keep it TCB related!

have a great week!

My whiskers are wearing thru nicely here, another wash due when we get a good sunny (or windy) day...

Maybe the wind will blow them in again?!

I unexpectedly heard you on the Craig Charles show on Saturday Paul. Sounded like it went well.

I heard a great Bowie interview yesterday - a 6 Music one with Mark Riley from 2004. The stories of him meeting Andy Warhol and having nothing to talk about other than his yellow shoes and the one when he thought he met Lou Reed after a Velvet's gig in NYC but was subsequently told he'd left the band a year before were hilarious.

Good post!

Volvo, important question. I just found my favourite espresso brand changed its formula. What was the one you namechecked earlier?

My whiskers are wearing thru nicely here, another wash due when we get a good sunny (or windy) day...

hey Paul!

there are several espresso favourites, the one you mention might be Passalacqua, they do several blends, my favourites are Mexico and Harem. Mexico is a good everyday coffee, Harem is a supersweet 100% arabica, more expensive and more subtle. I think there must be a place in London that sells that coffee haha!

I buy it every time I go to Naples, in my area (northern Italy) it's hard to come by.

Another absolute favourite is this

http://www.eataly.net/eu_en/caffe-miscela-special-bar-coffee-beans-1kg

if there is a Eataly in London it's highly possible you can find it. this is amazing quality for the money. it costs 18 eur/ kilo but it tastes like 28 eur/kg. wood roasted. only minus is that eataly sells it in 1 kg bags only, at least here. anyway it gets volvo's stamp of approval haha!

We got hit by a ton of snow a couple of days ago, 30 cm of snow in one night. It was a traffic mayhem for the entire day, haha. No buses or trams were working, people where skiing to work in the middle of town in their suits. Sadly I don't have any great pics to show, just the one:

23930280424_ea8b91e41d_c.jpg

Have a great weekend y'all!