What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Swings and roundabouts, it would probably cheaper from Japan, but if you screw the sizing you're pretty much boned. Not to mention that once you add shipping and import charges you will probably save about $40, if that.

Does anybody have any info/advice on what would be the the cheapest option to get a Iron Heart Extra Heavy Black 21oz Type III Jacket ?, ie buy it direct from Japan or from here in Europe?

What are we your search engine?

IH-UK £303 free ship

Rakuten £189

Ship+proxy £66

Parcel farce clearance fee + VAT £20ish

Total=£275

Stop being so damn lazy.

I think the VAT may be more than 20 quid though. 

Surely the whole point of proxy is to have the item declared at a low value say £10 add that onto your shipping costs as HMRC do then VAT is charged on the full amount, Parcel Farce charge £13.50 clearance fee so the vat on say £30 will be £6.

If you are having your item sent at full value theres little point paying for proxy might as well buy direct from the seller.

I hear what you're saying about the weight, I only have experience with Samurai 19oz denim on jeans, not a jacket, but I like the fact that this Extra Heavy Black 21oz denim doesn't fade. Might be nice for a change???

Edited by 501XX4EVER

It's not so much about the weight of the fabric, as the weave of the fabric. On the particular subject of Iron Heart fabrics their 21oz and 25oz are extremely soft, comfortable and breathable even in warm weather, whereas their 18oz raw, and their 23oz are a much tighter weave, and much warmer to wear. For reference I have owned all these fabrics, and worn them extensively.

For Samurai, I spent 2 years in their 21oz and found it also extremely comfortable and breathable, much more so than their 19oz.

Hmmmm, that's interesting. Like to be able to have a denim jacket that is a year round wear.

Still torn over which one, but liking the Samurai one that b_F posted, also Railcar is supposed to be coming out with a denim jacket for fall time.

Not really being lazy, just asking a simple question as I've never purchased anything that expensive/big from Japan, only CDs.

Also, is there any reason DC4 is cheaper for Iron Heart products than IronHeart.co.uk?

You asked which was the cheapest option? all the prices i posted was freely available if you search the internet,

I have just checked the price of IH634S standard jean.

DC4-282Euro or £240.87

IH-UK- £243

Germany pays 19% if im not mistaken, UK pays 20%

Again^ try the internet.

Shit Ray im doing it again.

I had a Samurai Jin jacket a few years ago, similar to a type 2. It was stunning made from rough streaky, irregular Jin denim, 17oz, very breathable......and then I got too fat for it.

The Trophy jacket which I am wearing now is made from the nicest denim I have ever owned, even nicer than the Jin in my opinion, but the design is not for everyone.

I have one of the 17oz Element jackets from Samurai and it's honestly the lightest I'd want to go for a denim jacket for any "real" weather. I'd like a 12-14oz one from Flat Head or Sugar Cane for summer nights, but I might go for 21-25 for winter wear/layering.

It's not so much about the weight of the fabric, as the weave of the fabric. On the particular subject of Iron Heart fabrics their 21oz and 25oz are extremely soft, comfortable and breathable even in warm weather, whereas their 18oz raw, and their 23oz are a much tighter weave, and much warmer to wear. For reference I have owned all these fabrics, and worn them extensively.

For Samurai, I spent 2 years in their 21oz and found it also extremely comfortable and breathable, much more so than their 19oz.

Yes, I think Megatron1505 makes a great point here and it's something I have started to realise from these Denim Forms, is that "super heavy" denim doesn't always mean "heavy" denim, ie, heavy, uncomfortable, stiff. When I pick up my 19oz Samurai's I always go, "fuck they're heavy", but when you wear them, they're like any other jeans, a bit stiff for the first day or two after a wash but after that, fine.

I think Iron Heart might owe you a bit of commission in the near future Megatron1505. :D :D :D

Yes, I think Megatron1505 makes a great point here and it's something I have started to realise from these Denim Forms, is that "super heavy" denim doesn't always mean "heavy" denim, ie, heavy, uncomfortable, stiff. When I pick up my 19oz Samurai's I always go, "fuck they're heavy", but when you wear them, they're like any other jeans, a bit stiff for the first day or two after a wash but after that, fine.

I think Iron Heart might owe you a bit of commission in the near future Megatron1505. :D :D :D

I'll be sure to mention it to Giles next time I see him  :P

Hoggreaser, as far as stepping up from 14.5 oz. to 19 oz., it's not a big deal. Once you're used to breaking in raw/home-rinsed denim, the weight is noticeable, but not difficult to endure. I first thought the s710 felt so gnarly when I was holding it. Actually wearing it, I didn't notice much of a transition from a comfort perspective. They felt great straight away.

Mega, damn you. I'm still waiting on bybeatle, so I haven't officially declared, but I have been wearing the Iron Heart 18 oz. raw as a possible contest pair while I wait. It's good to know that in what looks to be a humid, face-melting summer here in the city, I have chosen Iron Heart's warmer fabric. Awesome.

Now, more importantly, about year-round jackets. I wear my 14.5 oz. jacket with a henley and a heavyweight crew neck sweatshirt down to the mid 30s fahrenheit, about 2 degrees celcius quite comfortably. I don't know what types of temperatures you all deal with, but that keeps me rolling through most of the winter in my denim jacket.

Mega: I was looking at this one 

http://pants-shop-avenue.com/item/SC11953N/

Looking for something a little bit cheaper, but in the fall time that price point might change. But I do like the Samurai ones from 2nd. But do want to see what Railcar is going to come out with in the fall.

Edited by bradl