What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Great that your jacket can get the chance to survive for ever in a safe place and keeping the denim spirit alive in the real world not on the virtuel net only.

But take your time to burn them down. They're made for that. My Lee Storm Rider denim jacket is now quite heavy worn in after 6 years of constant use. I I can't show up with this jacket in the office anymore I'm afraight.

But the jacket will still have some heavy duty as my outdoor and leisure jacket as well as my work jacket out in the forest at the end, before retiring them in the Jeansmsueum.

Enjoy all your current and future denim projects

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

i dig that - personally i feel like that interior pocket would bug the shit out of me though. like, be all uneven and poke me hah.... just a thought. thats a rad idea though with the leather.

waiting for it to stop raining so it can have a few days airing. the vintage smell is quite strong, even after a wash. and i've lost the febreze...

Yeah, my 559xx went through a normal wash and it smells better, although still a hint of 60 year old storage. I like this. It reminds me when I had the time (and the places to roam) to go thrifting through rails and rails of forgotten denim.

Just watch the patch (if you care about it) as washing machines tend to make them crack, either along the stitch line or in the centre, and then it's only a matter of time.

don't think i can risk the washer again tbh - put it through last night and the edge of the collar has noticeably deteriorated. it is the best part of 50 years old, so i guess it's probably best to treat it with kid gloves.

noticed the reciept that was in the box it came in was from a car garage down south somewhere - i suspect it may have been hanging in the corner there for the past however many years...

cool jacket joseph. If I remember correctly, the yellow bar-tacked pockets are from the 60s.

It must be some old age thing. I wrote yellow, I read yellow, and all the same time my mind translated it as black. It has the black stitching under the flaps, which I had recalled was later. I still haven't been able to get back to the storage to check for sure, but I believe the button backs were 524.

It must be some old age thing. I wrote yellow, I read yellow, and all the same time my mind translated it as black. It has the black stitching under the flaps, which I had recalled was later. I still haven't been able to get back to the storage to check for sure, but I believe the button backs were 524.

Probably the '81-83 issue, I believe those numbers correspond to that era. Love the type three design before the second/handwarmer pockets were added to its' design.

Still a good score if you can the right fit, and you nailed it joe.

Edited by Dr_Heech

big E type too, arrived this morning. badly photographed, poorly labelled ebay items ftw.

anyone any idea how old?

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

Super great jacket. Would estimate end 60ies.

I would never wash such an old beauty although I know quite well about this terrible smelling vintage stuff

Fooling around with my new IH black denim jacket with a Strike Gold 1103 bought second hand with a little bit of wear and 2 weeks of wear since I have them. (Crosspost from My Nudies and Sufu other thread)

DSC02762-red.jpg

DSC02763-red.jpg

DSC02764-red.jpg

My old Lee Storm Rider 101-LJ denim jacket not so welcome in the office anymore seems to be a little bit too rough for them

DSC02544-red.jpg

Probably the '81-83 issue, I believe those numbers correspond to that era. Love the type three design (before the second/handwarmer pockets were added).

Still a good score if you can the right fit, and you nailed it joe.

I wouldn't think it would be this late. It is a big E, and has the single row of end stitching on the waistband.

I actually prefer a smaller fit, but at least it's got the higher waist. My Mexican Type 1(ish) is a surprisingly good jacket, but has the modern lowered waist, and for some reason it just makes me squirm a little. It's too long for a jacket, too short for a coat.

I wouldn't think it would be this late. It is a big E, and has the single row of end stitching on the waistband.

I actually prefer a smaller fit, but at least it's got the higher waist. My Mexican Type 1(ish) is a surprisingly good jacket, but has the modern lowered waist, and for some reason it just makes me squirm a little. It's too long for a jacket, too short for a coat.

My bad on the date - 10 years too late!

I really like original type three's because they did a 'long' version, am always on the lookout for one of those.

Your type one looks good on you btw, Kudos to you sir.

AW jackknife 17 month no wash...

12303522.32274243.1024.jpg

12303529.12a7bed5.1024.jpg

Nietenhosen!!! Congrats to this beautifull raw denim fading! I love it more and more!!

All fadings at the rihgt place!

Specially the fadings aroiund both filled breast pockets and on both arms!!

Do you have a pic from the back side?

And keep go on wearing them the unwashed raw way and this jacket will reach a Holy Grail status

• 2 weeks later...

Wow strong fading structure on this jacket

I'love it

Great thread, just read it all the way through. Terrific jackets!

Just wondering if there are any selvage/cool denim jackets for bigger dudes, say size 50? I have a 90's Levi's(Mexico) type 3 in 2XL that fits perfect.

I got the IH type 3 from SE in XXXL, but as much as I hoped, it just wasn't big enough so I returned it. I've been searching around, but everything seems to top out at 46/48.

I envy you normal-sized guys, lol.

Love that Jackknife.

Here is my APC Type 2.

8 months

1 wash ( now it is getting its 2nd wash, will post the update later )

DSC02791.jpg

DSC02792.jpg

Now it's dry and ready to rock.

Stiffer and smells good now. :)

2 washes

DSC02797.jpg

DSC02798.jpg

DSC02800.jpg

My camera can't go further than this. Loving the neat textures.

DSC02799.jpg

Edited by w11114m

Great thread, just read it all the way through. Terrific jackets!

Just wondering if there are any selvage/cool denim jackets for bigger dudes, say size 50? I have a 90's Levi's(Mexico) type 3 in 2XL that fits perfect.

I got the IH type 3 from SE in XXXL, but as much as I hoped, it just wasn't big enough so I returned it. I've been searching around, but everything seems to top out at 46/48.

I envy you normal-sized guys, lol.

Current lvc 506xx in size XL starts at 54" raw and shrinks 2" everywhere. My chest is 49" and I can wear the 506xx shrunk up no problem.

im scouting for a denim jacket for around 200usd, but really like to have it <300usd. anyone can recommend me a good pair?

as usual, i like it raw :)

If you"re a 38 and into a project, there's a brand new superblack type III for $300 up on the Iron Heart b&s thread right now.

did it this morning, first wash (60°C in the machine) after one and a half year of nearly daily wear.

it was so dirty and sticky round the neck....sorry ruedi ;)

12415415.cf0eceac.560.jpg

Hey Nietenhosen:

Such a wonderfull denim evolution on this jacket.

And I have to say I'm very surprised about this great results although washed now.

So no need to say any sorry for such an amazing result!

So just go and rock them the hard way for another long time.

The strong fading structures are amazing and all at the right places!

Wanna see them in one year again!

Just for the record: You also made any prewash pics just before the washing day?

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak