What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

very nice dr_heech, and thanks for the scan, istill wonder if you can also scan the lee cowboys 101LJ, the lined jacket you were talking about from zoom mag.

here is a pic i have from the warehouse-lee blog, it is the same jacket that you posted with the same lining and lable.

o0800053310154955122.jpg?t=1239125474

hellers jacket has a different lable , it has the old housemark lable just like the real mccyos lee 101LJ

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/threeeight/rmc-mj6133-140.html

i still i think that your theory of lee bringing out the lee rider jacket and the lee stormrider around the same time makes sense.

yes paul it is a pity that lee closed their archive. although levis has a longer history in making jeans its still strange that we have to guess around when it comes to lee jeans.

That jacket is AWESOME !! Thanks Fardin, although I doubt my wife will allow three stormriders in our family! The (wrongly-titled) Lee STORMCOWBOY I told you about in BOON Vol 4 (DENIM jackets Ed.), well I now remember more about it.

I trawled through www.vintagemotorcyclejackets.com and there is a section on Lee jacket labels. Well, those photos are directly lifted from that Boon vol 4 book, and the label from the STORMCOWBOY (which is basically a blanket-lined 1933 Lee 101 jacket (101-LJ = Lined jacket) is the 1st one: the blue housemark label. BUT... it has no Lot number on it! DAMN..this Lee history is never ending. Come back Joe Vega...

Nice..Probably cheaper than buying an original.

It took three years to find mine in a size 46, with that particular lining pattern, and I've only seen two others like it in size 46. I know there are quite a few on Japanese websites. I wonder why they have to call it the 1101-LJ, rather than 101-LJ. though.

Don't know if this jacket is good enough for this thread but I feel a little sorry having left it in the closet for so long I might as well give it some publicity.:D

Levi's engineered jeans about 5-6 years old

IMG_0918.jpg

Front and back

IMG_7502.jpg

I've been having problem trying to find a pair of jeans that matches the jacket apart from black. :confused: Any suggestion?

Is the fading supposed to look like natural fading, or is it intentional that it's obviously made that way? It kinda looks cool; I'm just saying it doesn't look like natural fading.

I guess the fading wasn't intended to look natural and, yeah, I bought the jacket mostly because the fade looks cool. Little did I know that it's a little over the top when worn and doesn't really suit me - so that's why the jacket's been spending most of its time in my closet. :P

G!zM() 17, that's the best denim jacket fit i've yet to see!

It looks quite thin compared to most others?

Thanks, Opie. I think it's more to do with the camera angle - the jacket is actually a tad too big because, again, it's been 5-6 years and I was waaaay chubbier at the time :o. You can tell by just looking at how the shoulder lines don't really sit on my shoulder :cool: .

The Levis Vintage Clothing 213 Repro from 1999, with 822 stamped on the rear of buttons:

026.jpg

The neck label:

003-1.jpg

The area around the edge of the label is incorrect when compared to the original jacket, as there is a 1cm space here (unsure why?).

This is the ONLY difference between the 822 version, and the 555 version (which has the correct spacing)

- both types of which were made in the States around 1999/2000.

Insideinfo/wash tag and button stamp:

027.jpg

It looks like a Type I reproduction to me, so I'm going to go ahead and guess it has one pocket.

And to follow on the heels of the good Doctor, do they also make a type II?

As requested, details of the 1879 1st pleated blouse from 2000:

FILEONE022.jpg

Back has the centre seam, which is missing on the 2008 distressed version (shame, 'cos it's a lovely detail)

FILEONE025.jpg

Buckle detail

FILEONE026.jpg

Blanket lining is toasty!

FILEONE027.jpg

Sleeve detail

FILEONE024.jpg

And great early period label:

FILEONE023.jpg

I've never seen a photo of a jacket like this. There is an illustration from an early 1870's price list, I saw in one of my old boon mags. It seems weird to me that it has two pockets. Why would they have a two pocket blouse, then give it just one pocket ©1890, then put a second pocket back on in 1952. Anyone ever seen this jacket in a photo they could post??

My LVC 506 is in use every day.I dont think its too short or boxy.

P1030025.jpg

Well, compared to my 1934 Lee 101J, it's very boxy. But the fit looks good on you. My 213 is great on the hanger, but my torso is long, my arms are long and my shoulders are broad, so the 506/213 shape is wrong for me. 1929 213

012-2.jpg

1934 101J

007-1.jpg

Sorry the fit-pics arent that great