What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

I own the 507xx and it is a 40. I typically wear a 40 in a coat. It has been washed and currently measures about 21.5 to 22 across the chest and fits perfectly fine.

Thanks this is great info. I looked back one page and saw your jacket, but noticed the patch said "507", instead of "507xx" like the one I see on ebay. Was yours raw when you got it? I'm wondering if it has to do with raw vs. non-raw, like 501 vs. 501xx jeans. If that is the case, then I'm worried the 507XX will shrink below my ideal size =\

Guest Selvage Seb.

Just picked up these awsome jackets from a store nearby.

They have had them hanging in the store for over 7 years already, but almost nobody in Holland seems to understand the beauty of these pieces.

Lee repro lot 1011 (tag reads E746 L17) in a size 38, does somebody knows where it is made or can tell me more info about these?

sturdy triple (chain)stitched seams and a lovely selvage lining, a bit boxy for my like at the moment, but I still haven't soaked it since I'm planning to wear this jacket raw, so it will get better I guess.

2yx3ww8.jpg

2cwpf7n.jpg

10qla3l.jpg

2llobbd.jpg

2vnknx3.jpg

And a LVC 506xx ('555' stamped on the buttons), waaay to boxy for my bodytype, not planning to wear these but damn, it looks pretty fine in my closet.

the denim used for this jacket is much more hairy in comparison to the smooth Lee. It also feels more rigid and heavier. As you can see in the pictures the Levis is also a bit darker in colour(hard to capture in direct sunlight)

6pspe0.jpg

zurwqs.jpg

What about the fading abilities of the denim that Lee uses for this jacket?

Will it fade fast or is the denim pretty colourfast? For some reason I expect it to fade pretty easy, don't know why..(not a bad thing at all imo)

Any thoughts are welcome, thank you

theming, that jacket is too dope! the fact that the paint fades makes is even better. rep upon rep!

thanks man! the best part is that i wore it from an essentially new state.

can't wait to see what denim doctors can do about repairing it.

Guest Selvage Seb.

Bought myself two more jackets! just couldn't resist it

Wrangler Blue Bell limited edition Lot 11MJ

pretty soft(compared to the levis) 12 oz denim. Some might think the

huge sign on the back is a bit too much, but I kinda like it actually

2l6h54.jpg

i4h9qq.jpg

and a 1967 LVC,

23maazk.jpg

2pyu9f5.jpg

Can someone tell me what the 'R' stamped on the buttons of the Levis indicates?

2eowkkn.jpgve918p.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

thinking about ordering this studio d'artisan type 2 jacket: http://www.superdenim.co.uk/prodpage.asp?productid=210

what is the difference compared to this one besides the placement of the tab?

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/denimstore/sd-431/

should i pull the trigger or buy a jacket from a different brand?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^nice jacket, brum!

got this jeans jacket in the mail a couple of days ago, lee 101j. the seller said it's from the lee originals line (1946 repro), but i doubt this. could anyone tell me more about this jacket? it doesn't say where it's made on the inside tags. it's about 13-14 oz and it's really sturdy. even if it's not from the originals line, it's still a great buy for 25 euro ;p +rep for those who can tell me moar

lee-101j-front.jpg

lee-101j-back.jpg

lee-101j-tagneck.jpg

lee-101j-detail.jpg

as far as i know thats this years gold lable rider jacket. yours is an older version i think from last year or the year before,but i dont know much about the gold label stuff, sorry. but you are right it is for sure not the 1946 101j from lee japan.

The 52_ series are all from the mid to late seventies, but no specific year as far as my knowledge goes.

Woah, seriously?

I picked up a Levi's jacket at the thrift store the other day. It's a decent jacket, made in USA, but I just figured it was from the 80s or something, when Levi's was still USA but not particularly special. The buttons are marked 527.

Oh yeah, and I paid two dollars for it.

p.s. pictures tomorrow or monday

big e type 3 jacket

not sure how to date this...no pockets on this type 3, so i would reckon it to be before '72 ... ?

fraying at collar.. how to repair? or leave alone?

p1000534x.jpg

p1000533h.jpg

p1000535.jpg

p1000536.jpg

frayed cuffs

p1000538s.jpg

wierd hole below collar... fix or leave alone?

p1000540o.jpg

inside pocket still very dark

p1000541q.jpg

also, different jacket, also type 3 w/o pockets... but the tab is the plain R tab... what does this mean?

p1000544t.jpg

I'd leave the collar alone unless it bugs you...

if you want to really get "vintage" with it, have it flipped. That's what they use to do, just take it off and sew it back on upside down. Looks like a brand new collar unless you look under it...